pearl

A weekend away ...

... in Edinburgh with mr p :thumbs:

ghost walk :ph34r:

men in kilts :wub:

full Scottish brekkie :eat:

I love haggis ... so long as I don't think about whats in it :sick:

See you Sunday *waves*

Edinburgh is ok, I normally go through about once a year, the xmas market place (at christmas time) can be nice but it is VERY busy.

have fun!

Edinburgh? As in 'Scotland'? As in 'home of whiskey'? :wine:

'Ghost walks' indeed - like we'd believe that for a second :shame:

The only spirits that you'll be seeing are those that live in a bottle :devil:

Hope you have a good time though

I'm back! :D

Hen party on train there :ph34r:

Hen party in our restaurant :ph34r:

Hen party (with hangovers) on our train back :ph34r:

But we had a fab time :thumbs:

Did the scariest ghost walk of all to Greyfriars churchyard at night to raise the McKenzie Poltergeist

And also Mary Kings Close, all underground & spooky.

I have now decided I am officially Not Psychic.

Lovely weather as you said, Forbsay :thumbs:

And me mistaking the train times meant we had a whole extra hour to sunbathe in Princes Gardens.

Going to take JP next time :thumbs:

Pearl, the goust walk sounds really really scarey, crickey you are brave, did yu see any gousts then, I know I wouldnt of gone underground.

The churchyard sounds even scareier too.

Glad you have a nice weekend, and the weather here has been kind too, dont know whats going on!

Cold today though, but sunny.

JsMum

JsMum, I am about as psychic as a plank so I'm not brave at all! My daughter however would rather have pins stuck into her than go on a ghost walk as she is v susceptible to these things. Much as I'd like to, I didnt see a ghost, I was the first one to march into the tomb followed by everyone else, they employ a "jumper-ooter" to frighten peeps & that did make me jump, I cannoned into mr p & the pressure switched his phone on! :lol:

Lots of peeps taking pics with their phones & seeing "orbs", but I reckon thats just reflections. But some of the guide's experiences were creepy. She broke her little finger after being pushed up some steps by a poltergeist, & regularly hears whispering in her ears. But who knows, she could be milking it for the public.

I've ordered a book on Edinburgh ghosts from the library now! :thumbs:

What is it with Americans and Greyfriars Bobby? The "American Lovers of Bobby" (quiet at the back) have paid for a gravestone over an imaginary grave as he isnt actually buried there as dogs cant be buried on consecrated ground. And as we were leaving, a small group of Yanks were reverently stroking Bobby's nose (not his skellington, the ickle statue outside the churchyard) only to be accosted & insulted by a rip-roaring Edinburgh drunk! I mean, just think, you come all the way from the States to stroke Bobby's nose & some eejit ruins the moment ... :lol: