Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Amazing big steps

Wasn't sure whehter this was an education topic or not, but I think it's as good here as anywhere else. Bill hasn't eaten at the table with anyone for around 2 years or more. A mixture of reasons I think ranging from teenage stuff, funny about food, depression, etc. Although I think these may have been contributory factors it was defo mainly a psychological thing because he had no problem with this when he was younger, and was quite happy to sit at the table with someone else in pizza hut!

Eating at the table with others is one of the things on his school IEP. I don't think he's quite managed it at school yet (although there are certain boy he's happy to allow to sit at his own table), but tonight he came home from school and quite happily, effortlessly (and without seeming to be aware of it) sat down with me and Ben and had is evening meal! I know it's a bit of a small thing especially for a lad who will be 15 in a week, but for me it's another huge sign that he is well and trully on the road to recovery from his break down and ensuing regression. I have no doubt that it's all down to the school and the confidence and hope he's gaining from being in the right environment. I haven't even mentioned it to him, I just accepted that it was happening and really enjoyed the moment.

Flora :D

Tis great news Flora so pleased you shared it with us, here's to Bill continuing to florish and amaze you.

I could not believe it when Connor ate at school last week, in all his school years he has never ever managed to eat at school, its a wonderful corner to be turning.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Clare x x x

Hey its amazing when they move forward like that , well done Bill :notworthy: ..........we,re still rejoicing in the jacket potato episode :thumbs: , now did you whoop and cheer and run round the house giving everyone high 5,s when he did it..........or act all cool and laid back andmake like you never noticed :whistle: