Sign in to follow this  
Salbaggio

So who's little uns have just gone back to school

Well he has gone in without problem, just one small complaint of feeling unwell along the way and one small reassurance needed that his notebook was in his bag! The positive diary that we have started is working really well so I hope he manages to cope today.

So here's to the next 6 hours when I will find out how his day went .........eeeek!

Feeling just the same. Relieved to be back to the old routine, apprehensive about what's in store this term. End of last term was dreadful- G's angel of a teacher was off for nearly 3 weeks with gastroenteritis and a week before they broke up, the Headteacher tragically and suddenly died of a heart attack. School was a very sad and difficult place the last week of term (for everyone), and will never be the same again. I just hope they are all ok and able to pull it together for all the children's sake. :pray:

Feeling just the same. Relieved to be back to the old routine, apprehensive about what's in store this term. End of last term was dreadful- G's angel of a teacher was off for nearly 3 weeks with gastroenteritis and a week before they broke up, the Headteacher tragically and suddenly died of a heart attack. School was a very sad and difficult place the last week of term (for everyone), and will never be the same again. I just hope they are all ok and able to pull it together for all the children's sake. :pray:

That is very tough for children,parents and staff. :tearful: Karen.

Well, we Home Ed but it's very nice to be back into our usual routine. Although we don't generally stick to school terms and timetables, the rest of the world does so that's the only time you can get LA social out-of-school activities, and we've been doing quite a few of those this holiday and it's been pretty tiring. J has realised how important it is for him to keep doing work every couple of days to keep his routine and was desperate to get back to normal again. Funnily enough though, last weekend he was moaning about how all his friends from school were enjoying the holidays and he wasn't :crying:. He had forgotten all about the homework they'd have to do while they were off. It's nice that he's come to his own conclusion about his need for structure :thumbs:

Hope everyone's first day of term goes well.

Karen

x

:tearful::tearful:

Well, we Home Ed but it's very nice to be back into our usual routine. Although we don't generally stick to school terms and timetables, the rest of the world does so that's the only time you can get LA social out-of-school activities, and we've been doing quite a few of those this holiday and it's been pretty tiring. J has realised how important it is for him to keep doing work every couple of days to keep his routine and was desperate to get back to normal again. Funnily enough though, last weekend he was moaning about how all his friends from school were enjoying the holidays and he wasn't :crying:. He had forgotten all about the homework they'd have to do while they were off. It's nice that he's come to his own conclusion about his need for structure :thumbs:

Hope everyone's first day of term goes well.

Karen

x

I really wish Ben's need for structure and routine carried over into wanting to do homework regularly.He appears to make an exception in this area. :) He did not miss the routine of school during the holidays either. :) Karen.

I have to say one of the biggest surprises since Home Edding is J's attitude towards work generally. Homework used to be an absolute nightmare, and whole weekends would disappear in our efforts to get it done with an elaborate reward and consequence structure to encourage him. But he would have tantrums and meltdowns constantly because he simply couldn't cope with it.

Now I look back I can see it was largely because he didn't really understand what he was expected to do for homework as the instructions he got from school were so vague and poorly explained, and of course he couldn't get any guidance from me because I didn't know either, and my attempts to help him only made matters worse :tearful: Now, because I'm the one setting the work, I know exactly what he has to do and can explain it to him in a way he understands, so he can do it. And if it's hard for him or he's distracted/unsettled or whatever, he can have a ten minute Lego break or jump around the garden, and come back to it when he's calmer. Just knowing that makes it easier for him. He's always wanted to learn but other obstacles have got in the way.

I must admit we've done a lot of work with J over the years to help him understand why structure is so important to him, so this hasn't come to him instinctively. It's been more about a post-mortem approach when things have gone awry that's encouraged him to see why he needs it :thumbs:

Karen

x

J has inset day so back tomorow....he hasnt left his room so far today n is pretty grumpy so think tomorow is playing on his mind...it certainly is playing on mine tho the break will be welcomed lol.

Connor went back today but yesterday we had the usual " I'm not going to school tomorrow - I don't feel very well my tummy hurts"

He got up and dressed this morning burt i have to admit I'm waiting for the phone to ring :tearful:

Marcus was very calm as i left for work this morning a little difficult to wake but got up in the end. Came home from school OK but soon developed the ever present earache/ headache Ibuprofen given with little fuss. Not mentioned again said he felt better when he went to bed. He has spent most of the evening winding up/ fighting with Piers who is equally as bad I might add. Piers was also hyper tonight fighting everyone, using lots of avoidance techniques. Lydia is still awake, that girl needs very little sleep Lord help me. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Marcus was very calm as i left for work this morning a little difficult to wake but got up in the end. Came home from school OK but soon developed the ever present earache/ headache Ibuprofen given with little fuss. Not mentioned again said he felt better when he went to bed. He has spent most of the evening winding up/ fighting with Piers who is equally as bad I might add. Piers was also hyper tonight fighting everyone, using lots of avoidance techniques. Lydia is still awake, that girl needs very little sleep Lord help me. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

>:D<<'> I hope today is less hyper.Karen.

cam is back today! im probably more stressed than him his behaviour is generally worse after hols!

fingers crossed he has a calm day :pray:

My lad went back today eeekkkkkk he wasnt totally 100% bout going back...had the proverbial ear ache n 'hay fever' symptoms that he hasn't had all holidays lol. Dropped him off n felt like I was leaving a lamb for slaughter...no calls as of yet thank god. Know for a fact he will be horrendous after school what with being tired n stressed etc.

Well Ben did get there.He was half an hour late.I decided when we had been unable to encourage him out of bed by the time he should have been out of the house to aim for after assembly.

Ben has this last half term at primary school.In July my days of having children at primary school will be over. :thumbs: I am counting the days. :D Karen.

Edited by Karen A

sadly the two weeks off has upset Ben, yesterday and today he went in crying. The nursey have said taht they would phone if they had any problems.

Before the half term he was going in happy and laughing. He had even started to mix with with the others. Anyone have any ideas on how i can get this back. Ben is 3

Matthew went bk today woohoo he should of gone bk yesterday but he had an appointment at GOSH so went bk today. new SENCO started yesterday so hoping shes better than the last one

Well Yesterday went very well, he was fine, no upset at all.

Today we had a bit more resistance to him going so we'll see how he got on when I collect him shortly.

He did say that they had an extra play time and their lunch outside as the weather was so nice so I think the additional fresh hair helped him (he's a different boy out in the open air!) Today is glorious weather again so at least he can go straight out into the back garden and be a bit "free" when he gets home.

Big hugs to everyone >:D<<'>

often towards the end of term p gets restless and then he relaxes at home and says where can we go on his day off :wub: and then returns to school and is usually ok ,its the novelty of being back i think, so far we have had good days and they have been back a week. :pray:

J was reluctant to go this morning but went....argh picked him up n had a meltdown when he came out cos some kid has been teasing him n winding him up all day blaming him for stuff when he was nowere near n generally being a mean so n so, asked him did he tell anyone n he said no cos he didnt know what teacher to tell so have already written a letter for him to take in tomorow.....want it nipped in the bud or it l end up like the last school.

Marcus was OK today said he had a good day after an initial drama about not waking up when i told him too. Taxi picked him up this morning and i collected him from school this afternoon as i was in the area, spoke to his LSA who said he had a good day. When we got home the phone was ringing it was the attendance officer asking why M hadnt been at school I assured he had and she started to argue saying he hadn,t got his mark I told her i had collected him myself and she then apologised, feel very concerned by this as it is obvious they don,t have a clue what is going on and who is at school but at least M is OK.

It has been Piers causing problems today. Had to bribe him to walk to school (power ranger key ring he got for easter but had forgotten in my pocket). Collected them tonight and ended up with another child for tea (little boy a year older than them with global development delay). Piers spent the entire time having a tantrum over everything. after a tantrum over the WII I turned it off he launched himself at me hitting and scratching drawing blood. I lifted him and carried him to his room to have timeout and he called me a "stupid fu***r" I was so shocked i am surprised i didn,t lose it but calmly carried him to his room and left him to calm down. I later found out he has heard this word from a "friend" at school they are 4 years old. DH is devastated. He has continued in the same mood all night minus the swearing thankfully. The trouble is he is like butter wouldn,t melt at school and every time he gets near a professional so we can,t get a diagnosis.

Hope tomorrow is better.

oh i have bruises and he told me he hated me( aged 9) so i front him and say well you can't use my pooter :bancomp: anymore he calms down and says i don't hate you mum i love you :wub: and then says he is sorry i threw him in the car made him put his seat belt on and refused to let him hold the sat nav,which he loves to do , i drove him to about 200 yards from home and said right get out you can walk home, and when you do you can go in your room and no tv or pooter until i say so,so he gets out no arguing and i drove off leaving him to walk home , i waited in the house for him he came in went into his room and shut the door, and one point he said how long do i have to be here, until 5pm i said and right on 5pm he comes out and says i am sorry mum i love you :wub: and we were all sweetness and light again. ots like he is two people, the :angry: person next and the :wub: one the next.

We always dread first days back. Levi went back to school today.. He was about 40 mins late, as he refused to get out of bed. Trouble started last night - he wouldn't go to bed 'til middnight.. (I stay up with him. Maybe I shouldn't? I guess I'm not a very good role model as I go to bed at 5am.. Anyone have suggestions on how either of us can get some sleep?) But at least he got there and with no temper tantrums either. He even dressed himself :thumbs: I think it went okay. He never likes to talk about it when he gets home, if you ask him how his day was he gets irritable, but he didn't come out in tears, so it can't have been too bad. At least with the nice weather he was able to go on his tramploine when he got home and let off some steam!

Edited by Thompsons

Well sent the letter in with J tho it took everything in my power to get him to school as he had his 'headache/earache/bad belly etc'......no call off the school as off yet so if no joy il go in and see them tomorrow.......saw another little girl in Js class n she said the kid is not the nicest of kids so glad ive sent a letter to nip it in the bud!!!!