Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

end of year reports

I just wondered when everyone recieves their child's end of year reports?

Yet again, we are at the last day of term and we have no report. I bet any money it will turn up on my doorstep tomorrow morning. :wallbash:

I just wondered when everyone recieves their child's end of year reports?

Yet again, we are at the last day of term and we have no report. I bet any money it will turn up on my doorstep tomorrow morning. :wallbash:

We got ours last week - then again, they are pretty useless. they bend over so far backwards to try to be positive that they end up being full of cliche platitudes :rolleyes:

Tell me about it! P's came back with him after his last day and was so glowing I'm sure his school next year will expect him to have no problems at all. A classic example was "needs encouragement to proof read for simple errors", when, in fact, he has scored only 2/15 in nearly every spelling test this year. :wallbash: He's been classified as dyslexic but the teacher didnt believe it!!

Edited by Pippin

well, our school is great, and did their very best to be truthful - which meant it said a lot about how he contributes well when interested and how he is very knowledgable about some subjects and that he has "worked hard at" improving his behavour. Which translates as only joins in if interested in the subject and runs off otherwise, won't shut up if a topic he is knowledgable about and constantly interupts & corrects (usually incorrectly) the teacher, and with full time lSA managed not to get suspended this year LOL

For our NT daughter they said she absorbs information quietly (doesn't particiapte in group activities), enoys PE (likes to run around & jiggles non-stop) and is still deciding which hand is dominent (can't write for toffee!)

Edited by KezT

My sons report comes in 3 sections.

The one by his class teacher is accurate but as always in a way that looks more positive than negative. I call it teacher talk. It does talk a little about his negative behavior.

We do get an opportunity to talk to the teaches about the report and get a bit more background, to sum up, if it is a subject he like he works hard if not he can be a lazy little :whistle: . I know from homework :angry::crying::wallbash: . Twice as much next year :blink::crying:

And he really did well at the residential trip, his teach was full of praise about how well he did and (in a fun way) said "I don't know why mummy and daddy were so worried about---".

Then there is the SEN report. This is really just a summery of what has been happening this year, what his problems are and what the targets are for next year.

Then there is the bit that the children write themselves.

In his case it is written by a scribe or we would never be able to read it. I think there would have been a bit of prompting, I cant see him remembering all the things they did this year. In it he also sets out what he thinks he need to improve on.

Times tables, Spelling and Handwriting.

All in all it is one of the better end of year reports I have seen. :)

The new school my lad is in now are great n very truthful but also for each negative will write a positive however small. He had a glowing report for his art, re and it.

We got my sons on the last week. He goes to seniors in September. We had annual review about 6 weeks ago and the review resembled nothing like the report!! The report was quite upsetting actually, but it's too late to act on it. I shall remember that for annual review next year that's for sure!! :wallbash: