Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

Big day coming up.

Well the big day is almost here.Ben starts secondary school in the morning.

Please think of us.

I am anxious but attempting to play it cool. :P

Ben does not appear too bothered at all but I am not sure he really understands how big the change will be.

I have taken to baking cakes and making pizza.A sudden urge to do motherly domesticated things appears to have taken over. :whistle: Karen.

Hope it's going well Karen. We're in the same boat today....P went off on the school bus with his sisters this morning....we dont even know who his LSA is yet so I'm chewing my fingers til hometime.

Thanks all. >:D<<'>

Early days but Ben did fine yesterday and was happy this morning.

I discovered that there is a positive aspect to secondary school.Ben likes having a written timetable and knowing exactly what he will be doing.

I think it is going to take a while to get used to the early start.It is currently taking ages for Ben to get dressed.Thankgoodness J is around to offer important advice on the current style of tie wearing and not doing up buttons on blazer. :)

Ben does surprise me.I thought that he had not thought about secondary school at all.Then yesterday evening he informed me that one the mods on the CCBC message board where he hangs out had been very impressed with his blogg about moving to secondary school.....that he has been writing for a week.Apparently they did not know much about AS and found it very interesting. :whistle::whistle:

Just excuse me while I have a proud mum momment....things may all go pear shaped by next week. :D

I would love to know what he wrote but I am not allowed to read the blogg....I was permitted a quick look at the mods feedback only. :devil:

Karen.

So far so good Karen. :)

My son went off this morning for his first day in year 8. I had to laugh - last year as a brand new boy he looked so smart. Today his tie was skew, his shirt was hanging out, he was a real scruff and proud of it! :lol:

K x

So glad it's going well Karen :thumbs:

My eldest (NT) had his first day at grammar school yesterday and he seemed to take it all in his stride - I sometimes wonder why I worry so much but I guess it's all part of being a mum.

So far so good Karen. :)

My son went off this morning for his first day in year 8. I had to laugh - last year as a brand new boy he looked so smart. Today his tie was skew, his shirt was hanging out, he was a real scruff and proud of it! :lol:

K x

:lol::lol:

J is in year 9.As I said he has been advising on all aspects of not looking geeky.Fortunately when the very strict year 7 head commented on the length of tie of some year 7s that she spotted ,Ben was wearing his school jumper. :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Karen A

Aargh - don't get me started on the tie, Karen!! My son's tie usually looks like one of

these. :rolleyes:

All the boys in his school wear them three inches long. It looks dreadful - if they aren't going to wear them properly I think the boys would look better without ties.

Hope today also went OK by the way :)

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Ha Ha Ha :clap: You've given me a right trip down memory lane reading that article about ties...

I used to wear mine 'skinny', and long, right down the front of my shirt, which I thought just looked so COOL!!! :whistle:

G is obsessive about his 'nooniform', and has to wear the lot, including vest and sweatshirt, all day, every day, no matter how hot the weather!...won't do non-uniform day, and even wore it couple of times during the holidays, just for good measure! :wub:

Aargh - don't get me started on the tie, Karen!! My son's tie usually looks like one of

these. :rolleyes:

All the boys in his school wear them three inches long. It looks dreadful - if they aren't going to wear them properly I think the boys would look better without ties.

Hope today also went OK by the way :)

K x

J says he is a number one [far left] :lol::lol:

School is going well but the weekend has been hard work.Ben appears to be working hard at school to manage but saving the grief for mum and dad.

I am sure it is a familiar story here. :D

Thanks for all the best wishes from all of you crew.