Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

which one to watch on a saturday night

its infuriating that they have put it on together, I was watching xfactor but then the adverts come on and I switch to Strictly come dancing and then get absorbed and forget to put on Xfactor again, I know that XFactor is on again tomorrow but im busy tomorrow and probably wont get to watch it, why do the officials do this, I love both Strictly come dancing and Xfactor, they should think about the viewers more, so who are you going for and leaving to see if you can catch it another time.

JsMumxxx

Erm... Saturday night is DVD night... :lol::whistle:

Tonight it's 'In The Loop', but if i hadn't got that to watch I've got a 3hr video of paint drying that is infiitely preferable to either of the above!

Edited by baddad

ahh the wonders of freeview+ we watch strictly and record x factor, then when strictly finishes we start x factor. but i agree they should just not be so silly and share the viewing.

if i had to choose i'd go for x factor, for at least the first half. i dont llike strictly when theres so many dancers, i can't keep them straight from one week to the next. also wasn't too impressed with martina going out last week

Edited by NobbyNobbs

I didnt watch either in the end as I got distracted and it was anoying me because once I was watching one of the sides I wondering what was happening on the other side and I couldnt settle so gave up, and did some poems instead!

JsMumxxxx

I have dvd nights too but Ive watched them all loads, watched sleepless in seatle today have not watched that for ages!

xxxx

xfactor

'In the loop' was excellent, BTW, but I'm such a tired wee poppet i fell asleep in the armchair watching the extras! :lol:

I'm orf to bippity now, having just wuk up...

Bring back Bob's Full House and Blankety Blank - that's what I say...

:D

Can't bear either of them and would rather stick pins in my eyes, to be honest :whistle:

However, Saturday night is movie night chez Thirlaway and we plumped for The Simpsons Movie - a delight every time :thumbs: We're still laughing, ackshully.

And Green and Black's ice cream for pud. A perfect evening!

Karen

x

I love XFactor and I love Strictly come dancing and my post was about which one to watch not have comments that have cause me to feel a little bullied in this post just because I like these programmes, I would rather watch these than stick pins in my eyes and watch paint dry, thats is why TV was developed, we have moved on from the older evening programmes and Im happy with whats on, dvds are fine and have its place but on a saturday night I like the telly, thats my choice, all I was asking is which one are people going for, thats all.

JsMum

hi jsmum

xfactor wins for me but like you i switch over on breaks, we can watch it in peace tonight no competition enjoy :notworthy:

theresa x

Jsmum,

Sorry you feel upset by some comments. I'm sure no one meant to make you feel bullied by giving their opinions of the programmes - the comments were meant lightheartedly and not as a judgement on your TV taste. I think programmes like x factor/Strictly are like Marmite - you either love em or hate em! I'm sure everyone has their own favourite form of TV relaxation.

To answer your question, I don't watch either of these regularly and last night we opted for The Two Towers which was on another channel- my son's choice - even though we have it on DVD!

If I had to choose between the two it would probably be the x factor. Although I don't usually watch it, I often catch up with the best clips on YouTube.

K x

Hi Js Mum

I watch X-factor, I'm not a fan of Strictly, I prefer the ice skating one.

My husband goes on the computer while I watch X-factor (however he still listens and comes in moaning about some of the singers :wallbash: )

My sons aren't interested in either, but they're usually on their computers or playing lego or reading (oh, the modern family!).

I just wish all these sorts of programmes didn't waste so much time with padding (shots of crowds, judges 'chatting' back stage, reshowing bits again and again etc).

I can't believe the guy with Asperger's went out, he had a brilliant voice. Obviously, someone who sings a song properly is not what they are looking for :(

I saw the x factor for the first time last night, it was on at work and as I was not to busy I got to see some of it.

Now not wanting to hurt anyone feelings, I was quite astonished as to how bad it was, am I missing something or is that the point??.

I not talking about the acts, well not all of them, but whats the rest of it all about?

Edited by chris54

The X Factor ... but only up until the live shows start - then it just gets boring and repetitive ... which Simon Cowell has only made more so by inviting crowds to the initial auditions and to boot camp. :rolleyes: That was a bad move. So after next weekend's "Judges' Houses" stage (even though they aren't actually the judges' houses! :wacko:), I won't be watching either of 'em! :D (Especially now Scott James has gone.)

The problem with the scheduling clash is that Strictly Come Dancing is now so long (or, at least, will be from this Saturday onwards, coz they've got every couple dancing, plus the results and the dance-off) that it's almost impossible to avoid a clash. I'm a BBC fan, but they don't do themselves any favours by competing for ratings with an ailing commercial rival, during one of ITV's most-viewed (and therefore highest-revenue-generating) shows of the week - talk about shooting yourself in the foot, at a time when the licence fee is under pressure. :rolleyes:

Bring back Bob's Full House and Blankety Blank - that's what I say...

You'd have to bring back Bob before you could bring back his Full House. :lol:;)

James

Well the decision of which to watch has become somewhat easier since they chucked off Lucie Jones and kept the terrible twins. :angry:

X Factor was my guilty pleasure, and I was almost starting to be convinced that it was an actual talent competition, but now that they they have got rid of the one remaining contestant who had any talent, I won't be watching it again.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

i always record X factor because when i watch it back i can do mini chores during the adds :whistle:

Well the decision of which to watch has become somewhat easier since they chucked off Lucie Jones and kept the terrible twins. :angry:

X Factor was my guilty pleasure, and I was almost starting to be convinced that it was an actual talent competition, but now that they they have got rid of the one remaining contestant who had any talent, I won't be watching it again.

Same here (but I might watch the final - that shouldn't be quite as infuriating - :wallbash:) ... although this now means I won't be watching either of them. :lol:

i always record X factor because when i watch it back i can do mini chores during the adds :whistle:

But surely if you've recorded it, you can forward through all the ads! Doing mini-chores during the ads would be a reason not to record it! :blink:

James