Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

Forth Coming event notice. arrrahhh look what it says

Ive not got any presants yet, but will be doing some online shopping soon, were hoping to collect our real christmas tree and we are making plans for the christmas dinner, but blumin heck when you see the calander saying next event is Christmas Day it really isnt that far away, its almost scarey, but really really looking forward to it too.

Well guys it really is on the way and when the cold front comes in next week we really will feel the chill... especially up north!

JsMumxxx

i did my shopping in October when i had enough cash. i then cut back so by xmas im in the black again.

If i am tempted to treat myself to something i just ask for it on my xmas want list. i rarely ask for anything

more than the value of £20.

Alexis

i did my shopping in October when i had enough cash. i then cut back so by xmas im in the black again.

If i am tempted to treat myself to something i just ask for it on my xmas want list. i rarely ask for anything

more than the value of £20.

Alexis

Hi Alexis

You sound very wise - wish my teenage niece could operate like this!

Hi Jsmum

I'm now panicking - I haven't done any shopping yet and my boys haven't even done Christmas lists yet. They don't seem to realise even Father Christmas needs time to prepare!!!!!

Hi Alexis

You sound very wise - wish my teenage niece could operate like this!

Hi Jsmum

I'm now panicking - I haven't done any shopping yet and my boys haven't even done Christmas lists yet. They don't seem to realise even Father Christmas needs time to prepare!!!!!

Good luck to sorting the pressies out, what I do for J every year is give him a Argos calalog and get him to cut out his favourates and stick them on a big poster, its a good way of getting them to see what they would like visually.

I have told Mary Christmas to go online and have a look, as its actually her who does all the shopping and preparing all santa does is deliver and eat the mince pies!

So do think about online shopping but for definate deliveries to ensure Santa recieves them in time it needs to be done this week.

Good luck im sure it will come together so dont panic just yet.

Js making named dinner place lables and were looking throw our christmas decorations box to see what we need new, we never just put them striaght up as he needs to get use to them and its a step by step aproach, my tree isnt certainly going up for another couple of weeks thats for sure, but we need to see if we need new tinsel, and every year we buy a new christmas tree decoration so J can identify the process of christmas coming soon.

Everyone dont forget your ADVENT CALENDERS TOO for TUESDAY as its the 1st DECEMBER 2009.

This year J will have two, one for home and one for school.

He has chossen Dairy Milk chocolate calander as he loves chocotlate but he also has a non sweet calander that we put little toys in that you self fill.

Anyway just reminding peeps to get advents even one for yourselves if you wanted to join in with the kids!

JsMumxxx

His burpday is on the 1st of December and wants and has now got hidden Supermario at the Winter Olympics for the wii, also we have been trying to get him a pinall machine,which he wants to have a go on when we go to Rollerball,the full size ones cost £4000 :o but a childs one in Early Learning has some pink and blue ones except they only have pink ones and to get anymore have to order with added cost :huh: so i am looking on online for something cheaper.

Edited by sesley

I have not started shopping.I know I will probably run out of time,but its happened before.I managed to get each of my boys one gift for christmas day and then got the rest at the sales.This worked out better because I could get them more and they could chose what they wanted (within reason of course) It may take away the magic but the thing is I am single mum of four so money is tight anyway.Also I am going to my brothers house for christmas so they will get loads of gifts from extended family.there will be loads to keep them busy on the day.

oh we have done that over the years get them something for the day and then the real thing they want in the sales. It teaches them the value of money and how to get more for it.

I can remember in the old days, the 'fun' of all that last minuet shopping on Christmas eve, all the forgotten present, I mean ALL THE FOGOTEN PRESENTS.

Well it took away the problem of trying to decide what to get everyone. Just grab the first thing you come to in the shop with the "That will do" approach. Fond memories.

Then I met Mrs c, Lets just say that I'm getting my ear well bent at the moment.

I!m done, for all 4 kids and family/friends, did it early and nearly paid off!!!! we have a new puppy, as my old dog sadly died in the summer, so tree is not going up till the last possible day I can get away with it.......

Enid

I went into town today and nearly every high street shop had 20% off everything, or a similar promotion. Has anyone else noticed this where they are? Pre - Christmas reductions would have been unheard of a few years ago, don't you think?

K x

Borders have apparently gone into administration this week, hoping they have a big sale!

In the past I've had to be really organised about Christmas. Working in a supermarket, I'm just too tired to do anything much in December and need it all organised before that otherwise no one gets anything. I am really disorganised this year though!

I have cross-stitched a couple of presents. Last weekend I saw some china which my dad collects at an antiques fair, so he's getting a jug and some salt and pepper shakers this year! My grandad's getting his usual calendar - he lives abroad, so I usually get something with nice pictured from around Britain, this year I found one with a picture of the village where he was born for January.

I still have loads to buy though, I don't know where I am going to find the time (or the money).

I am cooking Christmas dinner for 7 people this year, and probably also having my uncle staying for a week. I'm a bit scared about that since I can't even cook a roast dinner! A condition of the invite is that my mum comes early and helps me a LOT with the meal. She is bringing cake and pudding, so at least that's one less thing to worry about. I can't even cook a normal dinner most nights, and I will have to every day while my uncle is staying.

I went into town today and nearly every high street shop had 20% off everything, or a similar promotion. Has anyone else noticed this where they are? Pre - Christmas reductions would have been unheard of a few years ago, don't you think?

K x

Last year,two weeks before christmas I got all kids gifts half price(except one or two but even they were 25% off)So I am waiting for this again this year.I have always noticed(since 2004) they do reduce toys two/three days before christmas,but by then most have brought their gifts or the toy you want is sold out.Not feeling festive yet.Last yr my ex stayed over for christmas,even though we were not together,it was easier for the kids and for me to have extra pair of hands.This yr he has said he doesnt want to come,but will think about it,my brother has invited us to his place but not sure cause with Sam's AS I worry things will get out of hand,Dan (3) is also started "acting up" when my family is around.Because they live a good 15 min drive away I cant just walk home if things get bad!!!!So not sure yet what will happen on the day.I am going to buy all the food the same week 21st and if we dont eat it christmas will keep for new year.

Oh yeah i have started my shopping a tin of choc's and some twiglets, hate shopping with a passion, no really I do dread it every year, hum bug. But have noticed a lot of promotions on in the shop's, brought a dehumidifier today from Argos, if you spend over £100 pound you get a £10 pound gift card, was a nice surprise. I am the one you see shopping Christmas eve :wacko: I think to myself it will be different this year but it never happens.

Teresa :)

I have done very little so far. I was dreading it as Marcus couldn,t decide what he wanted and was getting himself in a flap about it, everything he did want was either too expensive or just too rubbishy. He has now decided so I can now relax. Lydia is easy could buy 20 times over as long as it is either pink, high school musical or hannah montana I am on to a winner. Piers don,t have a clue he doesn,t know and has very few interests unless you couldn,t fighting and jumping around like a mad thing. Will be doing mine on line also due to little time with work etc. I have got advent calenders and ordered my dairy free chocs today so I am sorted at least. It will be quiet this year for us (welll except for the kids) as in laws are not coming this year MIL has dementia and gets very anxious out of the house. Hope it all comes together soon.

I have done very little so far. I was dreading it as Marcus couldn,t decide what he wanted and was getting himself in a flap about it, everything he did want was either too expensive or just too rubbishy. He has now decided so I can now relax. Lydia is easy could buy 20 times over as long as it is either pink, high school musical or hannah montana I am on to a winner. Piers don,t have a clue he doesn,t know and has very few interests unless you couldn,t fighting and jumping around like a mad thing. Will be doing mine on line also due to little time with work etc. I have got advent calenders and ordered my dairy free chocs today so I am sorted at least. It will be quiet this year for us (welll except for the kids) as in laws are not coming this year MIL has dementia and gets very anxious out of the house. Hope it all comes together soon.

Hi Joybed, hope that its a nice christmas this year for you, and the kids, Im sure it will come together as we do get there in the end, my son has too asked for a few items that are expensive too, im sure its a adolescent thing too, but funny enough he loves hanna montana too, and actually pink is in even for the boys!

Im ording online too very soon too, good luck and try and not to worry.

JsMumxxxx

After posting on here yesterday I thought I had better ask T what she wanted for xmas, her reply was " remember when you got me a present and it came in a big box and I played with the box instead of the pesent", and we started to have a laugh about it, she then said how much she loved just sitting in the box and thought that it was the best present she had ever had, must say many year's have passed since then, and even back then i was doing the usual last min xmas shopping which i hate, well i needn't of bothered I could have just kept getting her a bigger carboard box :lol: I wish she had told me way back when.

Teresa :)