Sign in to follow this  
sesley

he has been left out of the school concert

we bought tickets and i was told today, P would not be init. :( its a shame he likes showing off, i know they are worried he might not be able to cope,but still they could have given him a chance and i haven't told him yet,he saw me hand the tickets back and i had to lie to him and say we could not go :huh: Its his :bday: birthday today as well he is 10 he has been quite good in school recently,no trouble. The last years he has been doing to the afternoon one whne we can watch,but opted out of the evening one,because its more busy at that time and we did not know if he could cope . Its still sad he is going to get left out though. The last term he was :angry::tearful::george: at times but oh well, he is going to the panto, i paid for him to go and he enjoyed it last years going on the bus and the panto. life is so unfair at times, :wallbash:

:crying: That is sooo sad :crying:

That is terrible, your son should be given the chance to perform, if he wants to.

At my daughter's school there were 2 brothers both of whom had asd's, one loved to perform, one hated it. But they always had the chance.

My Dd1 [no dx] and Dd3 [being assessed] have had parts in the school play.

All children can be unpredictable during performances, I think it adds to the whole feel of seeing children perform.

I worked with primary aged children for many years, many with sp needs. Yes there have been times when we have run out of the hall with a child about to meltdown. But there have been many times when they have suceeded and everyone gets such a buzz from it.

You were very good not to go in all guns blazing, I think I would have done. B)

P.s tell him happy birthday.

I am in the opposite position here,my son has a part in the play but I dont know how he is going to cope he hates people watching him even at home.He is excited though and practises everyday but dont think he knows what its all about as he never had a part before.My 9 yr old is great actor and singer and has done a solo twice for christmas at a different school,he hasnt been given a part this yr,just chorus so he doesnt want to take part at all.So I do feel for you and your son,everyone is meant to have a chance,hopefully next yr he will have a chance.Hope he has a lovely birthday :clap:

Ds has had a part in the play every year - he has to sit with his LSA as he caan not sit with the rest of the class for that long, but they have always found something he can do! Even though he refuses to dress up,!

They did Oliver Twist last year and he made a great Mr Bumble, with one whole line of "MORE!" and then stomping off stage :thumbs::thumbs:

it is not fair to leave them out completely

remember my sons very first christmas concert. he was so scared to be in the hall at normal schooltime, he would not even do assemblies, the noise was far to much for him, and it was usually crowded. I deciced to go and watch his classmates to try and show him i wasnt affraid of the hall. All the children and parents gathered in the hall the concert started. there was singing dancing lights on and off, and over by the door was my son and his LSA they were half in and half out sitting on chairs. All the parents clapped and were happy i couldnt have been more proud of my son and i had tears in my eyes, he had tryed to have fun for everyone else. The lady next to me asked which child was my son as we both wiped our eyes, i said mine was over by the door. She looked puzzled as i walked over full of praise for my son and his LSA. I dont think i will ever forget that moment and it brings a lump to my throat as i write this. Our children suprise us when we least expect it but we couldnt be more proud.

Having seen my son every year in the 'christmas play' - never a talking or moving role. Just sitting on the side with a teacher firming gripping one hand, whilst he struggled to cover his ear with the other one!! I was very worried when his new school did their version of the 'X' factor.

But my son auditioned as a magician. He got through. He has never performed magic before and posses no magic books - so he must have seen it on TV.

He got through to the finals and performed brilliantly. Alot of his repatoire was obviously repeated, but with great effect eg. "Is there anyone in the audience who would like to help me with the next trick?"

He didn't win and that made him cry and his teacher took him out the hall. But he soon recovered.

So, I really can't make any decisions on what he can/cannot, or should/shouldn't do anymore.

never mind i am gutted that they can't be bothered to do some work and include him in things,i will just have to keep him home in the afternoon of the concert day,for his own sanity anyway. However he will get a chance to do a starring role :wub::star: at church he will get a chance to carry a star around for the childrens service place. :thumbs: i will let you know how it will go.

Hi,

This reminds me of OJ at primary school. He had a major breakdown in yr5, was gradually integrated back in for yr6 when he started singing to his TA and other children. He was told he would get a solo in the yr6 end of year play cos he was so good and when it came to it they didn't have the faith in him and he wasn't given a solo - he was gutted and we boycotted the play. Since he started at secondary school he has been given so many solos and the school are completely behind him - have faith and look to the future! Things will change for the better!!

Stella xx

Hi,

This reminds me of OJ at primary school. He had a major breakdown in yr5, was gradually integrated back in for yr6 when he started singing to his TA and other children. He was told he would get a solo in the yr6 end of year play cos he was so good and when it came to it they didn't have the faith in him and he wasn't given a solo - he was gutted and we boycotted the play. Since he started at secondary school he has been given so many solos and the school are completely behind him - have faith and look to the future! Things will change for the better!!

Stella xx

Good on him, my girls all love singing and it has been really great watching them develop through music of all kinds. I am glad his secondary school have tapped into his talent. B)