Tally

It's Snowing!!!

Hi we have sleet here in Bedfordshire,its awful so very cold!!!!My baby refused to put his mittens on and now his hands are red and feel like ice blocks :tearful: I hope its does snow here they said it will snow anytime between today and next wednesday.I wonder if we will have a white christmas :pray:

Yes in Herts.

I was on the phone all morning with the blinds closed and got a surprise when I looked out the window just now! I love it when it snows at Christmas. :)

K x

Yes in Herts.

I was on the phone all morning with the blinds closed and got a surprise when I looked out the window just now! I love it when it snows at Christmas. :)

K x

Eek! I love snow, but not when my children are miles from home in the wide, wide world. DS2 is an hour's drive away and I don't want him getting stuck at school!

Snow's great when it falls at night and you wake up in the morning and everything's quiet and muted. And you can stay at home and not risk going out and getting stuck somewhere...

Lizzie :unsure:

Yep, snowing here too :)

Normally, I love the snow, but the last time it happened we had nothing to feed the kiddies at school because the kitchen at the school our meals come from was closed. Tomorrow is our school Christmas lunch, so if that happens again it will be pizzas all round instead of roast turkey and christmas pud :o

(Mind you, I think most of them would prefer the pizza ;) )

Edited by NickyB

:pray: Please just let it snow on christmas as i am working untill christmas eve, do love looking out the window on christmas day though when it's snowed. :) no snow as yet in the NW area.

Teresa :)

We have quite a bit now, it has settled and it still coming down. I am going out for my work Christmas dinner tonight. From where I live the journey is not too bad, but most of the others are coming from the direction that is quite steep. I am just going to allow plenty of time and take it really slow.

East coast, its not snowing here yet!

I too love snow, I know were due to have sleet,

It is very cold here.

JsMumxxx

No - it's just fer fer fer fer fer fer fer fer fer ferlippin' freezin' round here :(

No way yark it - I want the cold to go away, it can make a brief reappearance as snow on the 25th, melt by late arvo and then stay gone until the same time next year...

Go on snow - clear orf back to the polar icecaps and cheer the polar bears up.

Oh I wish it could be August every day

With the sunshine shining and the snow all gorn away

With the girls in their miniskirts and t-shirts whey hey heyyyyy

let the sun..shine...down... for August...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Snow in central London :thumbs: :thumbs: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: - at one point is was coming down really heavily in huge flakes and because there's a slight wind blowing it's stuck all to just one side of the trees and their branches in the park - it almost looks like someone has come along and sprayed it on it's such a perfect Christmas card scene :)

I love the snow (did you guess? :lol:) :bounce: :bounce: and I always find it amazing that (odd grumpy people aside :lol::shame:) people suddenly become almost friendly when it snows, even in London! :thumbs:

Severe weather warning issued for Friday for loads of snow :thumbs: :thumbs: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

yes I did see snow, :dance: also in London. :robbie: I love snow too, reminds me of home! (MA, USA) where they currenly have quite a few feet of snow! :thumbs::party::bounce::clap::cheers::groupwave:

more snow tomorrow, Mumble? Awesome!! :D

it's such a perfect Christmas card scene :)

Yerse - people shivering their nuts off trying to get their cars started in the morning, scraping at the windscreens and windows with CD jewel cases 'cos every single scraper you ever buy disappears as soon as it actually snows or gets frosty. Roads and railways at a standstill because no matter how much warning they give us the people who manage the road/rail networks are never quite ready for it... Little old ladies in fourteen layers of knickers, petticoats, vests, stockings, blouses, cardigans, scarves, gloves, wooly hats, overcoats, over-overcoats and over-over-overcoats keeling over because of the weight and claiming it's hyperthermia... Young girls outside nightclubs in mini-skirts and bare-belly tops with corned beef legs and frostbitten fingers regurgitating tequila slammers over the pavements and singing 'So here it is - Bwark - Merry Christmas - Hooey - Everybody's - HeeerrrrK - having - Blurp - fun'... Old men turning somersaults as they grab for wind-blown trilbys and lose their footing... the sickening crack and crunch of their brittle bones on landing... People saying 'cold, ennit' as they pass each other on the streets having not spoken to a soul since summer when they sweated 'hot, ennits' at total strangers who grinned back warnings of global warming and melting polar ice-caps... kids praying for snow so they can get a day off school even though they live 100 yards from the school gate and the only lesson for the day was nativity practice anyway... Conscientious workers negotiating all of the above over a distance of 60 or 70 miles only to get to work and find they're the only one's who 'managed to get in', despite the fact that the rest of the staff compliment share a flat above the office... Kids throwing snowballs loaded with frozen dog-eggs and/or broken bottles at the somersaulting little old trilby grabbers or making demands with menaces using icilcles as offensive weapons... opportunist dieters quaffing mugs of hot-chocolate and marshmallows under the pretense of 'needing it to warm up' and convincing themselves briefly that they'll 'burn it off trying to keep warm' before the bitter pangs of regret compel them to eat an entire packet of 'comfort food'- hob-nobs establishing a vicious cycle of negativity leading to them, eventually, starting smoking again or embarking on some other self destructive course of action that leaves them staggering and bewildered on New Years Eve with a full three months of anti-climax SADS ahead of them and a hacking cough...

Yes... VERY picture postcard, ennit ;):whistle:

Right, I'm off to buy a sack of salt, a velcro lined trilby and a bottle of whisky... i may be gone some time...

:D

Edited by baddad

Oh I wish it could be August every day

With the sunshine shining and the snow all gorn away

With the girls in their miniskirts and t-shirts whey hey heyyyyy

let the sun..shine...down... for August...

From what I've seen, extreme cold doesn't necessarily deter girls from wearing miniskirts - or shorts with tights which is particularly bizarre. :hypno:

It mustn't snow for the next couple of days as I'm working and the trains are bad enough as it is and I'll be forced to spend a fortune on cappucinos to keep my hands warm while waiting on platforms..

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Yerse - people shivering their nuts off trying to get their cars started in the morning, scraping at the windscreens and windows with CD jewel cases 'cos every single scraper you ever buy disappears as soon as it actually snows or gets frosty. Roads and railways at a standstill because no matter how much warning they give us the people who manage the road/rail networks are never quite ready for it... Little old ladies in fourteen layers of knickers, petticoats, vests, stockings, blouses, cardigans, scarves, gloves, wooly hats, overcoats, over-overcoats and over-over-overcoats keeling over because of the weight and claiming it's hyperthermia... Young girls outside nightclubs in mini-skirts and bare-belly tops with corned beef legs and frostbitten fingers regurgitating tequila slammers over the pavements and singing 'So here it is - Bwark - Merry Christmas - Hooey - Everybody's - HeeerrrrK - having - Blurp - fun'... Old men turning somersaults as they grab for wind-blown trilbys and lose their footing... the sickening crack and crunch of their brittle bones on landing... People saying 'cold, ennit' as they pass each other on the streets having not spoken to a soul since summer when they sweated 'hot, ennits' at total strangers who grinned back warnings of global warming and melting polar ice-caps... kids praying for snow so they can get a day off school even though they live 100 yards from the school gate and the only lesson for the day was nativity practice anyway... Conscientious workers negotiating all of the above over a distance of 60 or 70 miles only to get to work and find they're the only one's who 'managed to get in', despite the fact that the rest of the staff compliment share a flat above the office... Kids throwing snowballs loaded with frozen dog-eggs and/or broken bottles at the somersaulting little old trilby grabbers or making demands with menaces using icilcles as offensive weapons... opportunist dieters quaffing mugs of hot-chocolate and marshmallows under the pretense of 'needing it to warm up' and convincing themselves briefly that they'll 'burn it off trying to keep warm' before the bitter pangs of regret compel them to eat an entire packet of 'comfort food'- hob-nobs establishing a vicious cycle of negativity leading to them, eventually, starting smoking again or embarking on some other self destructive course of action that leaves them staggering and bewildered on New Years Eve with a full three months of anti-climax SADS ahead of them and a hacking cough...

Yes... VERY picture postcard, ennit ;):whistle:

Right, I'm off to buy a sack of salt, a velcro lined trilby and a bottle of whisky... i may be gone some time...

You could have saved yourself a lot of time and condensed that post into two words. One being the noise a sheep makes, the other a stripy mint sweet... :ph34r:

more snow tomorrow, Mumble? Awesome!! :D

Friday, not tomorrow :)

You could have saved yourself a lot of time and condensed that post into two words. One being the noise a sheep makes, the other a stripy mint sweet... :ph34r:

So when are you planning to emigrate to warmer climes, BD? :lol:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

hmm, we had a few blobs of snow, but nothing much so far, its looking good for late thurs/friday though. i got more snow than anyone could want when i was living in america.

3 months solid of snow layered over 2 inches of sheet ice, snow days announced at 9am when your first class started at 8 so you were sitting in a freezing classroom for 20 minutes before giving up and falling over too many times to count! that said... i could go for some more snow :bounce:

It has turned to rain now. The snow has gone all slushy and will freeze solid overnight. It's all downhill to work, so at least it will save on petrol!

Friday, not tomorrow :)

:robbie: Oh right I've got my days mixed up :huh::oops: but thats what I meant. Although technically, right now it is tomorrow already, so really the snow will be tomorrow? lol Its past midnight wed or thurs am if you will and Im just being a smart a*s. :P

Young girls outside nightclubs in mini-skirts and bare-belly tops with corned beef legs and frostbitten fingers regurgitating tequila slammers over the pavements and singing 'So here it is - Bwark - Merry Christmas - Hooey - Everybody's - HeeerrrrK - having - Blurp - fun'...
:clap::bounce::balloon::):D:lol: :lol: :lol:

baddad that was so funny, your whole post. I espesically loved the bit I quoted. Made my day! :thumbs: (you get the idea, with all the little smileys...!!!!

Its snowing here now, on and off but it has been quite serious snowflakes too, tomorrow is forcast for more snow, it is absaloutly freezing here, really biting cold.

J returned home early yesterday so his holiday has officially started now, its a good job in light of the weather changes.

Do you remember febuary 2008, snow covered uk everywhere.

I feel for the elderly as its just soo expensive to keep warm as it is.

JsMumxxx

Severe weather warning overnight here! :ph34r: Just did a big Tesco shop so we should be fine and snuggley.

As we're not going anywhere for Christmas and no-one's coming to us, I would like it to snow on Christmas Eve, Christmas day and Boxing Day once I've got my last food shopping done!

The infamous work Nun's Christmas Partay has been cancelled due to hard times :crying: BUT I'm off out on the razzle with one of the home units this Saturday night so a brief window in the weather please!! :dance::bounce:

Bid :)

The snow all melted overnight. There was a bit of a blizzard this afternoon, and then that melted as well. Apparently we are due some snow tomorrow though.

Agggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

heavy snow, and laying. Ben's school cancelled tomorrow so he'll be wanting to go out and play in it, and I just copped for my at least once or twice per year chest infection which will probably last me right through xmas even if i get straight on anti-bs' :wallbash::wallbash:

Bah humbug doesn't even begin to say it... :wallbash:

We had several inches in an hour and it's all drifted up against the front door. :o And the wind is howling. And it's Christmas! At last we can sing all those well known carols "In the Bleak Midwinter" "Good King Wenceslas" and mean them!

I would love to have snow on Christmas day, despite midsummer Christmases being the norm of my childhood.

But not tomorrow as I have to struggle into London - wish me luck!

K x

Its really thick here this morning schools cancelled.Sam has been screaming for an hour,he is not happy and thinks he is the only one who is not at school.Its the last day so it is dissapointing,not just for the kids but me as well because I thought I could wrap their presents today that way there wouldnt be anybody peeking through the door.My eldest was sad to but got over it when the neighbours ame round and they went to the park to make a snowman and snow angles.

We haven't got much at all :( I got up so expectantly this morning hoping to see it like it was last February, but there's little more than a scattering settled on the roads. We're still having occasional flurries, but not enough to make any significant covering.

Guess I won't be needing the waterproofs and wellies I got out last night in preparation. :lol:

A good six-seven inches here (fnar fnar)... made the trek up to the GP to get anti b's for the annual CI and it really is quite serious (the snow - not the CI, though that's no bed of roses!)... What's really amazing is the number of idiots who have taken to the roads with absolutely no clue of how to drive in snow/ice. there's a jack-knifed lorry outside the wine merchants and at least a dozen or so white ven-men trying to drive up the hill sideways by leaving it in first and revving the hell out of the engine (try second, drive slowly...). Ben's really got the hump because I don't want to venture out to the woods etc to go tea-tray sledging. I keep reminding him of when he was ill in the summer hols and just lay in bed for three days (a first for him - he usually has the constitution of an ox), but I can understand his annoyance. I'll do board games and hot chocklit later ;). he's at his mates tomorrow, and today's an extra day off skool anyway so what's he got to moan about?? I arsk ya!

Now - all you snow lovin' ******** - tomorrow is supposed to be my big xmas shop day. How's that gonna work then? Please let it thaw...please let it thaw... please let it thaw... :pray:

:)

A good six-seven inches here (fnar fnar)... made the trek up to the GP to get anti b's for the annual CI and it really is quite serious (the snow - not the CI, though that's no bed of roses!)... What's really amazing is the number of idiots who have taken to the roads with absolutely no clue of how to drive in snow/ice. there's a jack-knifed lorry outside the wine merchants and at least a dozen or so white ven-men trying to drive up the hill sideways by leaving it in first and revving the hell out of the engine (try second, drive slowly...). Ben's really got the hump because I don't want to venture out to the woods etc to go tea-tray sledging. I keep reminding him of when he was ill in the summer hols and just lay in bed for three days (a first for him - he usually has the constitution of an ox), but I can understand his annoyance. I'll do board games and hot chocklit later ;). he's at his mates tomorrow, and today's an extra day off skool anyway so what's he got to moan about?? I arsk ya!

Now - all you snow lovin' ******** - tomorrow is supposed to be my big xmas shop day. How's that gonna work then? Please let it thaw...please let it thaw... please let it thaw... :pray:

:)

What about online shopping, most supermarkets doe that now?

JsMUMXXX

It was probably the coldest night ever last night, my teeth chattered well into an hour when I got into my PJs, even J had a blanket glued to him and he never feels the cold, but he too was agreeing it was FFFFRRREEEZZZZIINNNG

Today I ventured out in our car new driver and all that, and the only thing that worried me was ICE! luckly it thawed out and it wasnt too bad, there is little flurries thats all, we are suppose to get around 4cm but nothing at all like that were I am.

Maybe it will come later, Saturday is going to be mayhem, so I may do christmas food shop on monday.

Thats if there is anything left by then, the supermarkets are quickly outselling already, but Monday Im hoping there will be some vegies left.

Its warmed up considerably today, so not sure if were getting more with it getting actually warmer.

J particularly likes it when the snow is actually falling from the sky, he loves to try and catch it.

I hope the snow stays too for a bit as well.

Its going to be odd for many children having a day off on their last day, it kind of makes that a bit of a difficultie for when children need closure, start, end, thing.

JsMumxxx

edited to add that its really really snowing now, and lots and lots of it, sky white as snow, just as the local school children are going home!

we could have that 4cm of snow now!

Edited by JsMum

Been at it here in Waveney for the last two days on-and-off. Not too thick in the town/village but our Tesco driver told us it's quite bad on the roads and most local tradespeople are starting their rounds early in case it gets worse. Drifts all over the Norwich-Lowestoft road, for instance. Oh and watching cats watching snow is such a hoot :jester:

Snowed a bit yesterday evening, but at 7.30 this morning most of it had gone. Then a 8 it started snowing heavy. Battled our way to school. At 9am on the dot it stopped.The main road was mostly OK but all the other roads and pavement were pretty deadly. One thing I noticed was that the normal congestion caused by all the parent who insist on trying to park right outside the school didant happen today.It often grinds to a holt along there especially when you get an artic sent down the road by their satnav.

So I'm outside the school at 3.30 this afternoon, as usual my sons class was one of the last out, then it started to snow heavy again, By the time we got home we looked like Yetty's. Then of course we had to go out in the garden and play with the snow. It stopped snowing at about 5pm. More snow is forecast for tonight, my son hopes so, my wife is not so happy as we hope to have visitors on Monday and if the weather doesn't improve they wont be coming.

I'm in work tomorrow night, no problem me getting there, if push comes to shove I can walk there as it only about a mile away, problem comes in the morning, I cant go home in the morning until the next shift come in, and for some of them it wouldn't take to much to stop them getting in, if you know what I mean.

Edited by chris54

I had about 2-3 inches of snow this morning, but it gradually got thinner and thinner all the way to work. I got up early and drove slowly, but there were lots of people just driving along like normal.

Most of the roads are fairly clear now, but my road is a fairly quiet road. Just enough cars have driven down it to compact the snow, but not enough to clear it. It will freeze into a nice ice rink overnight and I have to drive on it again in the morning!

Well I trudged to the station in the semi darkness through ten inches of snow. Very tempting to stay at home with my family - school, college and husband's work all closed for the day.

The journey was a bit grim but not as bad as I was expecting and no snow at all in north London where I work - just very very cold. Journey home was very straightforward - I think a lot of people just didn't go into work so the trains weren't too crowded.

I too have lots of shopping to do still and I'm hoping my Christmas Amazon order will make it on time. :pray:

Hope your bug clears up soon, BD and hope everyone manages to get all their preparations done, etc.

K x