Sign in to follow this  
desperate

Thanks for everything

Hi all,

Thanks for all your support over the last couple of years.

I shan't come on to this site anymore, it's all so futile. We have a voice that is never heard and children that society doesn't want. Young offenders get more help and support than our children do, and I've come to the end of my fight.

I shall do what I can for Neil at home ant make his imprisonment as happy as possible.

He has no future and neither do the rest of our family it's a very bleak outlook but i am past being told what LEA's to do they don't. All they have to provide is some sort of education, they do not have to place our kids in appropriate schools, and lets face these schools don't want them anyway.

Hi desperate -

Sorry to hear how badly the systems let you down.

Hope you'll rejoin us sometime in the future: doesn't have to all be about education and 'problem solving', sometimes it's useful just to have a ###### good, mindless rant :angry::angry:

I'm sure i speak for everyone when I say 'we' would be happy to offer a virtual ear - anytime...

Very very best, and I hope you do get to view this message at some point down the road.

L&P

BD

Desperate, >:D<<'>

I have just read about the appeal. I am so sorry, this is so unjust, Neil and the family do not deserve this after everything he has been through.

I can understand how you feel, I'm sure I would feel just the same in your shoes.

There is a school out there that will meet his needs, you just need to find it and demand a placement. I am happy to carry on the fight with you if you change your mind, you only have to say the word.

We are here if you need us.

Take care,

Nellie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Desperate >:D<<'>

I understand how you feel, we were feeling pretty much the same a few months ago.

Please believe me when I say that all is not lost. You really need to contact IPSEA. When we were feeling that we'd come to the big education and LEA brick wall :wallbash: IPSEA were (and I'm not exagerating) bl***y brilliant. They are there to get what your child is entitled to..........an education, and also to support and put forward your feelings.

I had 11 years of fighting to get Alex an education when schools didn't want him. But with IPSEA's help at only one meeting, the rep kept quoting sections from the SEN code of practice and other legalities. Unbelieveably, withing two and a half weeks Alex started Education Other Than At School which we asked for. Ok, it may not suit everyone, but it suits Alex, and he is happier now than he's ever been.

I know I keep on plugging IPSEA, I'm just amazed how suddenly everybody wanted to do what should have been done years ago.

Annie

>:D<<'>

PS We're always here for you

Desperate, I am so sorry. My son is 14 and having a hard time at the moment he has also stopped going out on his own.

Please keep in touch if only to talk. I am sure we will all be here to listen. Take care. Love to you, your son and your family.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Desperate,

I too can only say I'm so sorry about what has happened. I hope you will stay in touch.

:tearful:>:D<<'>

K