Sign in to follow this  
~Jonathan~

What are you listening to right now?

Right now, I'm listening to the album Mighty Rearranger by Robert Plant and the track Dancing in Heaven.

Matthew saying but why - but why - but why. It could turn nasty.

Carole

Absolutely nothing. :lol:

Maybe I'll come back here when I have got something on! :D

James

Edited by Gordie

Had Jem on earlier and the theme to celebrity love island.....it has a lovely summery sound.Right now I,m listening to eldest laughing at the pink panther on telly ,but after the other music thread re-awoke my past fave bands I,m gonna look out my old albums get the hi-fi sorted and have an hour of nostalgia.Shall put on The The, The Clash ,lou reed (from my art student era) and Blondie !........loved debbie harry.

:bounce::clap::bounce::clap: I,ve had a fun filled time shaking my head and twitching to the music.......such a perfect day ..glad I spent it with you....oooohh such a perfect day you just keep me hanging on .....youuu just keep me hangin on.......da da da de de bum diddy bum diddy bum. :clap: kids think I,m on the Actimel :lol: .

Hi,

I'm listening to my fave soul man, Alexander O'Neal. I've loved his music since i was 15! It helps me relax when i'm getting ready for work.

Sigh....................

Loulou x

Bon Jovi. :dance: Great, the kids are in bed (for now) so I've ot time to chill.

Viper.

Guest flutter

fairly odd parents :(

why she needs to watch that when she has me i will neva know

Just driven into work with the sunroof and window wide open with AC/DC playing loud, in a vain attmpt to recapture my mis-spent youth.

Simon

Simon , I think I heard you singing along :lol: Great choice of music by the way B)

Viper.

Richard Thompson - Mock Tudor. Why this guy's not famous I shall never know :unsure:

Any rap coming from upstairs from the room of my 19 year old son....otherwise its quiet...only sound of the computer...if it is me time I listen to Aled Jones or similar.....

Ah - I'm finally listening to something while surfing this forum!! :lol:

All Saints - "Never Ever", at the moment.

It's on "My Station", on the free radio service provided by Yahoo! Messenger, called LAUNCHcast. I think it's brilliant, the way you can so easily customise it over time to suit your preferences, by rating various songs, artists and albums. :)

James

Well, a few hours ago I was at work, singing along to Robbie Williams' 'Angels' on karaoke at the residential special school where I work!!

It was the Leavers Party :tearful:

Bid :wacko:

Not me on my own (although I did get one of the mikes :devil: )...all the staff and students from the residential unit where I work! :lol:

Edited by bid

my very odd goldfish making smacking noises. He always does it this time of night, when he wants feeding. I just wish I knew how.

:george: Ok it's not a fish but it is orange and very cute.

Viper.

I've had a letter writing day today, so have been listening to quite a bit...

Started with some Missy Elliot (Hope she doesn't kiss her mother with that mouth!)

Then got noisy with Death In Vegas (must have been zemanski mentioning Polyphonic spree: the remix of scorpio rising), then some nice, chilled ORB (Cydonia) and some even more laid back JJ Cale (special edition). At the moment it's I Monster, which has got me thinking about the Beta band (Daydream), but I'm also hankering for some fine female vocal stylings along the lines of cocteau twins or Sinead Oconnor's/Jah Wobbles 'visions of you'... Might even dig out The Holly Cole trio's 'Temptation' and go with some smokey Jayazzzzz! Hmmm, break out the Jack Daniel's, mother, that telly's staying off tonight, methinks! ;)

I don't do this nearly as much as I should!

L&P all,

a very mellow

BD :D

PS Viper: He swims to the surface then blows bubbles... He's a carp...

If you've ever been carp fishing at night, it sounds like you took a wrong turn and ended up in lovers lane (snogger's snickett). :lol:

Guest flutter

my sanctuary music

heart, newish album jupiters darling

but need to fast forward to the bit that will make me feel calmer

Cx

Rufus Wainwright Anyone heard of him?

I saw him in Oxford in May. He was excellent live though (on CD) I find his voice slightly grating.

HI Jonathan,

I saw him live three times he is wonderful. I like him on cd too though.

I also got to meet him last may( got a photo with him) after a concert here in Dublin he is so nice and genuinely down to earth. My son (18) and daughter(17) like him too and we hope to see him again when he comes back over here.

Did I say like? Maybe obsessed would describe it better.

Glad to get your reply most people say" Rufus who" when I mention him.

T

Edited by asereht

Did I say like? Maybe obsessed would describe it better.

Glad to get your reply most people say" Rufus who" when I mention him.

T

Hi theresa -

Guess that makes you a 'fag hag' then! :lol::lol: Every episode of "Will and Grace" on DVD, no doubt ;)

Getting back to the music side of things - I'd agree that Rufus is a major talent, but also see Johnathon's POV, 'cos he can be irritating... Also, I wish he'd invest in a good 'damper' between him and the mic (Alsion moyet could use one too!)... 'Breathy' vocals can work sometimes - but not on every track!

If you like rufus, check out that Holly Cole Trio album I mentioned above... Great vocalist, and the albums all covers of Tom Waits' stuff... 'Jersey Girls' will get your foot tapping, and her version of 'I don't want to grow up'll leave you reeling for days' with permanent stiff hairs round the back of your neck!

L&P

BD

Hi theresa -

Guess that makes you a 'fag hag' then! :lol

If you like rufus, check out that Holly Cole Trio album I mentioned above... Great vocalist, and the albums all covers of Tom Waits' stuff...

Wow never thought of that guess it does :lol:B):lol: .

Thanks for the tip on the album I'll check it out!

Theresa

Edited by asereht

I recently bought Want Two on CD (with bonus DVD) for 8.99 inclusive of P&P. My girlfriend adores Rufus Wainwright and has also had her piccy taken with him. The great thing about Rufus is that he's so comfortable about his gayness :thumbs:

Be a proud Fag Hag B)

Edited by ~Jonathan~

I have want two and my son has all his other cd's ,dvd's.

Cool your girlfriend got a photo with him too.

Thanks for starting this thread it's good to talk about something other than ASD's for a change.

We should start more threads like this any ideas?

What am I listening to right now? Elvis - I can't stand the guy and I have no idea why my neighbour thinks that I want to listen to her music? :tearful:

Beam me up Scotty I can't take any more

Carole

Guest flutter

the many fans trying to keep house cool

but its me own fault for ironing and using oven in this heat

:thumbs:

Hi jomica.

You've piqued my interest with Madeleine Peyroux. When I next have some pennies available, I'm going to order off her albums.

Thanks for the 'heads up' with regard to her music, I appreciate it :thumbs:

Now I've had a chance to listen to it properly I really like the new White Stripes CD

It took a few listens, didn't it bid? Now I can't get enough of it. It's still a bit odd in parts though (LOVE Take Take Take!).

Hubby's 40th birthday today and James got him Best of REM, so we're listening to that this morning.

Karen

x

The neighbours cr@p R&B music thats been blasting since 7am :angry: at least my house doesn't join on, but I don't want to close the windows

Edited by lil_me

I'm opting for some UK doom metal today in the shape of Paradise Lost :band: