A-S warrior

you have 24 hours to live, and about to have your last meal. what would that meal consist of?

I remember reading somewhere that in parts of the world where cannibalism is within living memory human flesh is known as "long pig" - so presumably it does resemble pork - both in smell and in taste.

Excellent response backing up my pork suggestion :lol:

Cannibalism doesn't really appeal to me in terms of cooked food - as for raw... maybe - but then at least with a pig I don't care that much what its done as long as the meat is fresh and cooked nicely - with a human other things would matter - wouldn't want no skanky person's flesh :devil:

I can think of other things other than eating to fill up my last 24 hours. But if I was forced into a 'choosing your last meal' situation, a good pizza would do fine.

Guys you really cracked me up tonight:)!!!....I haven't laughted like this for years...my sons thinks I've lost it, his never seen me laugh so loud....thnx for making my day;)!...well night...x

I'm still opting for cannibalism - seems a really valid option - and after all.... isn't it the most popular option that most people would think of last for a last meal.... to be perfectly honest, given a straight choice between semolina and a human steak, I'd probably opt for the steak cuz what the hell? I already know that semolina is foul!!!

A more interesting question is at what point within the 24 hours of life do you eat this last meal? Do you wait til the end and try and scoff it quick before the time runs out or do you have it early and then feel hungry for the rest of the day? Wouldn't people rather do something else for the final hours than eat?!?

Anyone remember that scene in Jurassic Park where the main characters get back to the park's central building and find an entire banquet set out on the tables and they tuck into it all thinking they're safe when they're not? Well that's the kind of final meal I would like. I'd have a spoonful of everything and would most likely go up for seconds...and er...thirds (but shhh don't tell anyone!).

Edited by Mike_GX101

A last meal would consist of what I can't afford normally and that would be peppered and garlic steak cooked rare and lots of it with buttered and minted new potatoes and an oil soaked salad, eaten with a good Chateaux neuf de Pape.

Maybe the conditions in which you eat the meal might be as significant as the actual food, like the laid banquet Mike suggests. In that case it would have to be really cosy, with some great music and a beautiful view from the window. I'm not sure I'd want family and friends there at that stage, coz that would be just too upsetting, wouldn't it? I think I would have had to say my goodbyes already.

But this is it, every time we go to sleep we assume we will wake up, but that is the best way to go where one can enter the dream state and stay there until what happens happens if it does at all.

I've always thought that I wouldn't want to go in my sleep, because you could be dreaming something horrible with nothing but death at the end of it. I've always thought a painless but lucid loss of strength and final exhalation to be a better option.

And where does your mind go at the point of death if not the dream state, because there are different levels of death where clinical death according to the medics is not total death for things carry on functioning for a while after. I believe the clinical death is to do with the point at which medical science cannot or mostly may not bring someone back.

But I have had an NDE and I can say it was like a very real dream with every sense aware and heightened, thus informing me at the point of death we dream, but what I experience might be totally different from what someone else may experience as we are all different.

So whatever however we come to be in that situation I believe it is a form of sleep that occurs where our minds go off wandering and perhaps carry on as the 22 grammes leaves the body.