A-S warrior

Ben perry vs A-S warrior

Is there a difference? yes a significant difference.

A-S warrior is brave and untouchable - Ben perry is brave, but also vunrable.

A-S warrior is cocky, brash and slightly rude - Ben perry is very gentlemanly and kind, and hates hurting peoples feelings.

A-S warrior wont have a bad word said about aspergers syndrome - Ben perry lives in denial and pretends he doesn't have aspergers.

A-S warrior has a bad attitude towards pepole that argue with him - Ben perry is embracing and open minded, and has time for everyone.

A-S warrior is emotionless - Ben perry is dealing with alot of deep down pain, loss of a girlfriend, loss of a nan etc.

A-S warrior is a leader - Ben perry is a strong team member, but not a leader.

The point to this topic you ask? ive noticed while ive been away, ive developed an alter ego. A-S warrior is a character ive invented to delude myself. i use A-S warrior as a way to disquise myself from myself. the only parts of A-S warrior that are real are, i do train hard in the gym, and i make alot of pepole laugh with my flamboyant humor. everything else is bravado. i dont want to appear at all vunrable to anyone. i want to appear machine like, methodical and unstoppable.

well tonight, im taking off my mask. i am Ben perry. and im as scared as you are to be in this world. im just putting on a brave face and dealing with it.

Maybe somewhere between AS Warrior and Ben Perry lies the real you.

By facing your vunerabilites you become stronger from within and you don't need to rely on the hard outer shell so much.

This seems to be a good place to explore these ideas..

Edited by raydon

...im just putting on a brave face and dealing with it.

Nothing wrong with that AS; it's good to be positive and optimistic but it's worth remembering that many people come on boards like this because they have problems that are difficult to deal with in the 'real world' and want comfort, help and support from people experiencing the same difficulties.

It is great to be able to recognise the difference in who we are and who we pretend to be...we wear many different masks throughout our lives and can so easily lose the real us...Like Raydon said "somewhere in the middle is the real you" with the correct balance of both worlds... In order to find him you must embrace and accept both and know that you are worthy of being loved and are a unique human being who deserves to be happy.... :)...We all make mistakes in life Ben, some of us more than others but what defines us is how we deal with those issues, that is all...! Our mistakes are our opportunities either to clean the slate and begin again or to find a different route...

I'm sorry to hear about your gran Ben, it seems she had a very special place in your heart...my nan passed away around 15 years ago but for me its still feels like yesterday...It doesn't hurt as much now, her memories are stilll so fresh, I can still smell her scent, feel the touch of her hands, hear her voice and see her gestures...When I'm too stressed I often cry and confy in her silently...doing this gives me so much comfort I feel as if she is always watching over me...We were very close, I cared for her up until a couple of years before she passed...It took me years to get over not being there when she really needed me the most...but thats life, death is a reality, there is nothing more to it...As far as losing your girlfriend Ben, people come into our lives for many reasons...only you know what the true reality of your relationship was, and why she may have left...see the relationship for what it was, make it count for something, learn from the experience and use it in a positive way in your next endeavour:)...Maybe you just wern't right for eachother, keep positive...you know the old saying " when on door closes, another one opens"...Pain will ease...

Edited by karmadestiny

Pleased to meet you Ben - and sorry to hear about your losses! These revelations you've made must have been difficult to do since many of them are quite contradictory particularly the following ones:

A-S warrior wont have a bad word said about aspergers syndrome - Ben perry lives in denial and pretends he doesn't have aspergers.

A-S warrior is cocky, brash and slightly rude - Ben perry is very gentlemanly and kind, and hates hurting peoples feelings.

A-S warrior is emotionless

My question to you Ben is this - supposing you entered the forum as very gentlemanly, kind, embracing and open-minded Ben and A-S Warrior was another poster would you like what he has to say? Would you be awed by his words? Would you be in good company? Or would you find A-S Warrior went against your better nature and found his brash and slightly rude attitude and emotionlessness to be difficult to handle?

You've made a positive first step in identifying the two characters but now you have to decide which one you'd rather be? Which one creates opportunities? Which one brings people together? Which one do you most easily associate with? Which one would you rather meet in the street? 'Brash and slightly rude' or 'kind and gentlemanly'?

When you have the answer to these questions Ben you will better have an idea of who you are and which character does you the most favours and provides you with most opportunity. A-S Warrior may have helped you in the past as like an older brother looking over your shoulder but circumstances change and some times your better nature is required in the more grown-up world of real life. It's time to let Ben take over - let Ben take the driver's seat and let Ben decide the route.

Edited by Mike_GX101

I believe there is a medical term for people that identify and live with an alter ego, be careful with what you identify as in some circles people are very keen to see mental health issues where perhaps they would be unwelcome.

But I do understand the poles in which you exist, the bipolar thinking perhaps and think you should be as others have suggested working towards the middle of those two poles to achieve balance in all that you are, a place where you are open to learning and understanding as no one truly knows what is right and what is wrong, there are no hard and fast rules only that which society creates but we have to live in society as largely social animals.

But how to work towards the middle is a good question, how about this, stop being anything, ignore it all and just exist as a human being not a person with a label as really who are others to judge when they have their own problems they like to hide for not one of us is perfect in all respects.