• chips
    • eggs
    • salad!!!
    • nuggets
    • walls balls (oops that's sausage)
    • pancakes
    • other!!!!!!

Hi,

Never done a poll before....but would be interested if anyone personally......or your children have a fave food!

Joe's is sausages....sausages.....sausages!

He stopped with his grandpar and had sausage sandwich for breakfast....sausage cob for dinner and sausage chips and beans for tea. He eats sausages everyday for school dinner...and if you ask him what he would like for tea....it's sausages!

He rally cant see past them......I thought he'd get bored but this has been for the past three years.

Any other sausage fans out there? :sick:

Lisa

Fish - goes with his sealife obsession

But he's allergic to tuna :hypno:

Everyday he'd ask for fish fingers,chips and nuggets for 3 years :wacko:

He loves anything tangy, like oranges inc jaffa cakes but can't have the skin/white stuff so eats them tinned, fresh orange and other fresh juice, kiwis etc

He's got a thing about pasta tubes in chicken and mushroom sauce, this is the only pasta he will eat and HAS to have sweetcorn mixed in or he won't touch it. Also if he knew it had mushroom in he wouldn't eat it.

Everything he has is very specific in the way its made and what it is with, can't have a sunday type dinner without gravy and yorkshire puddings, any veg apart from sweetcorn on it and he'll throw it at you. Sauce on any meal without gravy but if it touches his food when you put it on the plate he'll throw it. Mashed potato is a complete no no, teachers been covered in that before for putting it on his plate :oops:

He used to love tomatoes, even smashed my Dad's green house once as he refused to get him one :oops: but someone gave him one that had gone off and he hasn't touched them since.

Edited by lil_me

My son also eats nothing but fish! He can have a fish finger, sausage or chicken nuggets all with chips at school once a week and he's always had fish - for 3 years!

He hasn't made the connection to the little thing that swims around in the aquarium yet, otherwise I don't think it would be his favourite anymore! Just like now he won't eat bacon because he found out where it came from! :oops:

Hi Lisa

My son did used to like sausages alot but now it's chips with everything if he had his way..... :lol: His favourite thing to be honest is yougurts such as munch bunch drinks etc lots of them, but all gone by tea time..... :lol: Oh, him and his sister likes to eat bread/butter sandwiches with red sauce in it..... :sick: I do find he drinks alot more than any of us and always takes a drink to bed but hes fine with using the toilet during the night but Always thirsty but seems fine anyway. He's quite skinny and you can see his ribs and trousers seems to drop off him but doctors are happy with his weight perhaps he will build up when he's older...... :D

Take care ALL

Amanda

Edited by Amanda32

I voted other. J's favourite, since forever has been tuna mayonaise sandwiches.

But he won't eat it if he can see the mayo, you have to mix it really well.Strangely he will not eat tuna any other way.

His other all time favourites are yorkshire puddings and bacon.(not together).

He hates sausages. :huh:

I myself love sausages but only when they are cold and on sticks for some reason. My son who is the one going through assessment has a real thing for rice with tomato ketchup on at the moment >:D<<'>

I voted other too. James doesn't do any junk food unless he goes to a party and the social benefits outweigh the nutritional. He does like sausages but only certain kinds (as if you'd expect anything else). And they MUST be from the farm shop at Corbridge.

We saw the hospital dietician last week and James was asked what his favourite food was. He replied "My mam's chocolate muffins, and carrots".

Karen

x

Jack goes through fazes of favourite foods and then he wants to eat them for breakfast, dinner and tea. He's very obsessional about food. For quite a few years its been bacon sandwiches and at the moment "Tropicana Smooth" orange juice, no other will do even though it's the same stuff in a different box. He's obsessed with chorizo too. He's going to secondary school in September and whenever anyone asks him if he's looking forward to it he starts telling them that you can get bacon sandwiches for breakfast. I think he thinks he's going to get there and eat bacon sandwiches, drink fizzy drinks because mum won't know!! (we don't allow them at home) play on the computers and blow things up in chemistry all day!!!! He can't wait.

With my youngest it isn't so much what she eats but how she eats it. She's very fussy about things not touching each other and how they're prepared or cooked. For example if she were to have jelly and icecream they'd have to be in seperate bowls and eaten with seperate spoons or she won't touch it.

Lisa

I just wanted to add that my husband has fads on eating the same things too. Did anyone watch the Osbournes when it was on? Well if you did my husband can be a bit like Ozzy was with the buritos and carrot cake. If you saw it you'll know exactly what I mean. :lol::lol::lol:

Lisa

My son loves all the kids fast food takeaways, and put me in my place the other day when he informed me that he does not like home food :unsure:

I just cant imagine why :P

Brook

Hi all,

It goes to show we all have faves. Parents I have spoken to with kid's with Aspergers and aldults themselves......tend to stick with one particular food stuff.

Wonder if this falls in with the routine thing.....because most of you have said they like food in a particular way!

Please may I also add.....rice and tomatoe ketchup.....errrrreeeee.. :sick:

Ha ha ..........at least Joe's is plain old sausage :P

Lisa x

My AS son is amazing in that he will try almost anything and sometimes I wish he had a favorite I could fall back on! (except juice, he has a Super Nose and can't stand the smell LOL).

Now my NT dd OTH is currently eating only sausage and vegetarian chicken nuggets, has been like this for a year, I have no idea why she is so healthy...

Sam loves Tuna Pasta or Chicken Korma. And carrots!! His actually quite partial to the odd sweet or two as well :lol: The only one in my family who doesn't like Strawberries either, though he loves strawberry jam and PB sandwiches.

Edited by kazzdt

:lol: Julian will eat pasta all day every day! :lol: And cheese - huge cheese addict but has to be proper cheese not that plastic stuff and not dairylea either!

Jamie (NT) eats anything and everything including the fringe on the rug in the Lounge!

Now I know this is very strange. I've been reading through the foods and did anyone else notice the yorkshire pudding connection? My son loves toad in the hole and yorkshire pudding. He'd live on this if he could.

The one I find hard is the complete fear of any fruit in any form including juice. I have actually had him climbing walls to get away from a peeled grape!

It is hard with the liking of food, you think you've cracked it and suddenly they won't touch it :crying:

Never mind - I suppose its true when they say a child won't intentionally starve themselves :P

Squishy

I took my child doctors regarding lack of diet...and he said to me you'd be surprised what the body can extract out of sausages! :lol:

To be honest.......I had to agree when I thought about it. :whistle:

Not saying anymore..he he :P

Lisa

Makes you realise how different they all are ... my 4 year old son hates sausages/meat/potatoes/pasta etc. He would only eat the same three meals a day (cereal, toast, Jetters and Alphabet potato letters - oh and yoghurts) for 2 years, then I got advice from our HV. He tried a few new things, cheese (grated and on its own), sandwiches - always sweet fillings (needed him to eat those as he starts school in Sept), egg .. everything else he eats is junk - crisps, sweets, cakes etc much to my annoyance. He wouldn't touch a chicken nugget at home but get him to a MacDonalds and it's a different story!!! One thing he has got a liking for this year - ice cream and lollies ... and I'm so happy about it as I always felt he was missing out. If there is anything else I should try him with, let me know! Stephanie.

Some of you might be interested in the system James and I are using to encourage him to try new foods. I appreciate it won't work for all of your children but it might be worth a try for those who are occasionally willing to try something new.

We did the initial preparations together so that James is on board with the idea. I scoured the internet for photographs of foods that James will eat, plus those he's mentioned before in the past and those that he definitely won't touch with a cattle prod. I printed them all off at about 1" square and cut them out. Then we made a series of charts to stick on the wall, all with 1" square cells. The main chart is called "Foods that I like" and the majority of the pictures have been stuck to that with blu-tak. We have other charts called "I have tasted", "I don't like this yet", I want to try sometime" and the most important... "This week I will try". Every week he chooses two items from the other charts and sticks them here, and we make a conscious effort to learn to like them. He starts with simply having it on his plate, then progresses to touching it, licking it... eventually (hopefully!) eating and enjoying it. Every step of the way he gets a token in his jar for achieving his goal. Once he's happy to eat it the picture gets transferred to the "I like" chart, but only if I know that I can give it to him at mealtime and he'll eat it. If he really doesn't like it then it goes back to where it started and no harm has been done, but at least he tried.

We've only been doing this for the summer holidays and haven't made massive strides but so far he's eaten Gouda cheese (he's never liked cheese at all so this was a great step), red peanuts, kiwi fruit and cashews. It's not much but it all adds to a bit of variation in his diet.

Karen

x

B) I typed other......ours is a pepperoni pizza fetish :devil: . My son is an incredibly fussy eater, no veg / fruit.Lives off meat etc.He also has favourite types , so only has certain bread, sausage etc.He covers everything in vinegar and ketchup :sick: .And as a baby was very sickly , bad reflux.All his food was pureed till he was 3 , he could,nt stand lumps.Even now he will vomit very easily at food textures and smells.

Hi,

Kai loves chicken nuggets, potato smiles, carrots and ketchup. He would have it every day for dinner, but being the meanie that i am, he doesn't.

He has to have exactly the same: six nuggets, four smiles and carrots in circles. The ketchup has to be in exactly the right place on the plate, not touching any of the food. He eats it in exactly the same order every time!

My neighbour's boy came for tea the other week and they both wanted nuggets and smiles. I only had 7 smiles left, so gave them 3 1/2 each. A major meltdown followed because of the fact that there weren't 4 smiles on his plate and i'd CUT ONE IN HALF :wacko:.

I felt so sorry for my neighbour's boy. Bless him, he gave Kai one of his smiles, but unfortunately it had a spot of ketchup on it so he carried on screaming.

Loulou x

My son will only eat macdonalds nuggetts no others ,he can suss them a mile off.

He dislikes the fries and all chips so each day we have to make the long trek to fetch him his daily fix of 9 nuggetts the staff know us well and give us free toy's B) (bless them) .

The only oher things he will eat is ready brek, weetabix, toast , jam sandwhiches,

smokey pig crisps and jelly tots and that is the contents of his complete diet :(

Yeah my little one loves sausages also, tuna and mayo but as someone else said not if he can see the mayo??? yorkshire puds and bacon are up there on the list also, never any veg or fruit he physically heaves over it still put it on his plate in the hope of a miracle!! :D

Hi,

Never done a poll before....but would be interested if anyone personally......or your children have a fave food!

Joe's is sausages....sausages.....sausages!

He stopped with his grandpar and had sausage sandwich for breakfast....sausage cob for dinner and sausage chips and beans for tea. He eats sausages everyday for school dinner...and if you ask him what he would like for tea....it's sausages!

He rally cant see past them......I thought he'd get bored but this has been for the past three years.

Any other sausage fans out there? :sick:

Lisa

Hi

C is walls balls however he's just found fish and this week it's fish on it's own all the time.

Makes a change from wallballs so no complaints here

:):):)

C is walls balls

Well I knew walls had ears - but you learn something every day!!!

And version two...

Walls' may have ears, but my local butchers have snouts and trotters too...

They've had a few financial troubles recently... had to start putting breadcrumbs in the middle to make ends me(a)et

...Is that an Aylsbury duck???

...Steak and kiddley? Don't you mean...??

A sheeps head with the eyes in???

Ahhh, I feel a butcher related batpost coming on... ;)

Peanut butter sandwiches -

My son would eat them every day if he could -

he likes sandwiches in general - but hes a lazy eater - he doesnt like using a knife and fork - and prefers instant easy food -

I have a job trying to get him to eat hot meals - its not that he doesnt like them - its that he likes sandwiches more.

:lol: amybe I should have left the walls balls out?

Can we replace that with faggots..... :lol: no no....please dont tell me what they have in them! I grew up on them :wacko:

Blue

My favourite food is sausages and mash, oh and pasta (not at same time obviously). But thats just at home. It makes a difference where I eat. Once my girlfirend and I have eaten at a restaurant and I have picked something, I will always have the same thing at that restaurant. My girlfriend can reel off all the foods I eat at a particular restaurant and can order for me anytime. The main reason is the hassle of the decision. It is so much work trying to decide what to pick on a menu that once the decision has been made once I don't see any benefit in putting myself through all the stress to pick something else (unless of course I didn't like what I ordered the last time). The same goes for sandwiches, cheese sandwiches every day. Drove my mum crazy when I was at school. She couldn't understand why I always wanted the same. At the time I diddn't know either. It just made sense. (Oh I'm 27 by the way and have only this year been identified as an aspie.)

I discovered yesterday why Col doesnt eat his veggie -

He stated that they are simply too much work to eat - if he was sppon fed them then he would clean his plate but he doesnt like having to get the peas, sweetcorn, beans etc onto the fork....

Thats why he likes sandwhiches so much - no effort.

my lad doesnt like anything that you have to chew... he says its hard work lol. he likes spaghetti hoops at the moment with potato waffles

Gosh I must be the mother from hell!!!!! My son ASD son has always been an incredibly fussy eater. Unfortunatly/fortunatly for him I've got a willpower stronger than his. After what seems like an eternity, he will now eat a reasonably heathly diet. I just point blank refused to give in. He knows that rubbish food is not an option. I am convinced that most of the craving for fad foods comes from having school lunches. Therefore my son had a healthy packed lunch instead. I know I sound holier than thou, but believe me persistence works!!

I opted for other 2...

C will eat mini milk ice creams until the cows come home...

strawberry jam sarnies are the fav, but we do tend to eat the jam 1st bread last!

and if we get full up on jam then we just leave the bread.

sausages we love the inside, we hate the skin lol :unsure:

and we like all fruit, and we also took a bite out of a red pepper once too :o (think she thought it was a big tomato) and we liked it!!!!!!!! :lol:

mc

I voted other. J will eat most things (no problem getting meat, fish, veg or potatoes down him) as long as it's ........mashed and mashed and mashed :wacko:

Or sometimes blended as he has been known to choke on a baked bean :whistle:

Doesn't like chewing, my little man :wub:

Denisex