Sign in to follow this  
Lemony

Erm...hello!

Hi, i`ve only just registered for this forum and i have to say what a relief it is to be here! :thumbs:

My son, Michael, is almost 8 years old and has been diagnosed with Aspergers. I am a single parent and have fought a long battle with school/ education authority, which finally resulted in us getting full time statementing in November last year.

I`ve so much to say but instead i`m going to trawl through all the threads & posts over the next few days and hopefully gain a lot of help & information as well as maybe being able to provide support through my own experiences.

:)

Hi Lemony, welcome to this wonderful forum full of the best people I have had the good fortune to ever come across. :wub:

Hope you gain as much from us as we can from you.

Viper

Hi and Welcome.

I too am a single parent who has fought for everything you have for your son alone. It is hard but we do it b/c we have to and we know what's best for our kids.

I am currently after 4yrs of fighting, finally having my son assessed for Autism. He has a lot of other issues too but I believe he is either AS or more likely, HFA (High Functioning Autistic) He is 6yrs old.

I hope you find this board as helpful and as warm as I have. :)

hi lemony welcome to the forum lots of brilliant people on the forum hope you find it useful would love to hear your story i have twin boys aged8 you can pm if you like just starting my fight for them keep smilin luv karin xx :D:D:D:D:D

Hey there Lemony,

I have only just found this place also (exactly 24 hours ago to be exact) and have to say that it is a great place and you get very fast reponses from very caring and understanding people. I am an adult with AS, ADHD and dysleixa.

Hey I totally understand about the education issues but on the bright side you fought a winning battle up to now right! Im just pleased that he will be getting the help he needs. The earlier the better.

Guest flutter

hey and welcome to this womderful place full of peeps with soo much knowledge and understanding

Hi Lemony -

Bit of a late comer to this thread, but a belated 'welcome aboard'...

As so many have already said, a nice crowd round here, and knowledable to boot!

Hope your trawl through the existing threads is an enjoyable and enlightening one

L&P

BD :D

Hi Lemony, my son has Aspergers too and is 12, welcome to the forum and I hope you find much support and comfort on this forum,trouble is i hope you have plenty of time cos theres so much interesting info and threads to get thru. Penny

A huge thanks for the warm welcome :)

I`ve managed to read a few threads but not as much as i`d of liked so far due to the fact that Michael is still awake and full of energy!! A lot more energy than me for sure!

Hopefully get to read much more tomorrow (or should i say today?!)...if he finally sleeps!

Thanks again :wub:

Hi and welcome

I want to tell you that I love this forum because it is always here, it never judges but listens gently and qith good humour.

The forum is never a fair weather friend and even when you can't post for a while it is still there with hope and support and lots of fun.

My daughter is 11 and un- diagnosed but we believe she has Aspergers.

Jo