Sign in to follow this  
raelien

we visited the new school today

we went with colin to visit his new placement - and WOW!

There are five kids - a teacher and two ta's - one extra because A is blind. - the class room is fantastic - each with there own work station -

colin will get to go riding - swimming - do trampolining - he will have speach therapy - and music therapy.

hes going to thrive.

And becuase its a unit attached to a fab school - they try to encourage mainstreme interaction whenever and wherever possible.

His teacher was amazing with him - for the first time I didnt feel I had to explain his actions they knew what to expect and had all the answers for him - it was great - i have never felt so comfortable around a teacher before because I knew - that she already knew what to do and how to deal with him at his worse.

I know im counting chickens before they are hatched - but I have a good feeling about this - he should be able to cope better at a much smaller country school.

he cant wait for monday - but it will be his first time we havnt taken him to school - a mini bus comes for him! so he's a bit worried about that.

B) Pleased everything went well, its not counting chickens from what you said its being positive and you need that so you'll be at ease and Colin will be too. I hope he enjoys it, sounds fantastic :thumbs:

hi raelien sounds like a really good school hope he has fun and enjoys it good luck to your son in his new school i think our twins do well as its not a big school infants/juniors bout 245 only in classes between 20-25 tell him to have fun at his new school so glad for you as well keep smilin luv karin xx:thumbs: :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Sounds like a really nice place, I really hope he thrives there.

Makes all the difference when you see that the staff have understanding without you having to explain everything. B)

All the very best to you and your boy :)

Brook