Sign in to follow this  
Alphazebra

You Guys

I just thought it was worth making this point. I have only been using this forum properly for the past week and have to say I have noticed something absolutely fantastic. One of my main issues in this world is that I get very depressed. One of the major causes of my depression is due to the way I see the world and the people and how my interactions with both seem to pick up on bad / pathetic / thoughtless / frustrating / frustrating / upsetting actions by other people. (I find the world very frustrating ;-) ). What I have been so impressed with over the last week is how much you all care, how much you all deal with on a day by day basis. Many of the things you talk about I have no idea about and have no idea how I would even begin to cope with. It would all drive me insane. But the support and welcoming sharing of information here is just brilliant. It has given me a new found faith that there are people out there who are worth knowing and worth being on this planet with. Thanks. You guys are great. :-)

Mad Pixie - ? I don't understand I am afraid.

I know the quote is from William Blake's Auguries of Innocence and was used in the Tomb Raider film, sadly where I know it from - big film lover here.

Here Here.

What you said. I have learnt so much from these people, not just stuff about ASD but that there are real warm, caring people out there. :wub: Now if we could just get rid of all the rest we could rule the world and what a paradise we would live in.

Viper.

I know what you mean Viper. I have had a recurring dream for a long time (whilst asleep - not as in really want to do it) that I wake up and everyone else is either just gone or is frozen in place. Its always nice that way ;-).

sorry, got mixed up between avatars and signatures - dyslexia :P

I'm a Blake fan - Nemo's grandad wrote books about Blake all his life - we think he was probably AS

Zemanski

I don't know anything about Blake, but have seen a few of his poems and they are very impressive. Have a lovely warm feeling to them.

So glad you feel at home here, AZ!

Bid >:D<<'>

I don't know what I would have done without this forum, and more scarily I dread to think what would have happened to my son. When I found this site he was self-harming and suffering from an anxiety depressive disorder :( But thanks to the support and in-depth advice I found here, he is now at a special reisdential school for AS and his life has been transformed :thumbs:

This is a truly special place! I'm particularly proud of the general ethos of tolerance and respect, which I suspect is quite unique among forums.

Bid :wacko:

I'm a Blake fan - Nemo's grandad wrote books about Blake all his life - we think he was probably AS

Me too! B) A Blake fan that is. :rolleyes:

The Tyger has always been my favourite although WB's own illustration of it looks more like a giant pussycat than the awesome beast portrayed in the poem.

Hi, Alphazebra, by the way, glad you found us. :)

K

Az,

I have to agree with you, these guys are amazing and they just get better and better. :clap::clap:

I've been pretty busy the past few days and have only managed to pop in now and then for a quick look, thought I would post later and tell you lot how wonderful you are, only to find someone has beaten me to it. :lol:

Nellie xx

You are right. These guys are great. I am still learning so much and I hope one day I can offer some valued advice.

The best thing (although not for the people experiencing first hand) is that everyone is responding based on their experience and not what the theory says in some book (though I love books and think they are wonderful).

Yep it is definitely the real people and warm response that makes this forum good.

Thank you everyone who has been helping me even if it is just because you posted and I found your message doing a serach for information.

I agree with you Nellie! I can't keep up either! :wacko::blink::D

But i'd just like to add my own thank you....i don't often post - kinda lurk about in the backgroup a bit - but the advice i have found on here - just reading through threads - has helped me, my son and my family >:D<<'> Ta xxxxxxxxx

I'm seriously worried about the amount of time it takes to keep up with all the posts on here. It's taking over. I've taken to you AZ, but not in a netstalker way :D:wub:

I find this site a very friendly and homely place to be, especially as the people here truly understand how I am feeling when my own family (siblings and mother) does not!!

Everyone here is awesome!!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I've taken to you AZ, but not in a netstalker way

Thanks call me jaded. You've been great help already. :-)

I totally agree with you AZ. I haven't been on here long but there are some great people and it's nice to be able to share my experiences as a mum of a little girl with autism. Sharing frustrations about wanting to help but not knowing how and realising that I am among people I don't have to explain everything to like I do in the real world. It's such a relief to be able to tell my stories without having to go into what autism is and ask for help and advice from people who are in the same situation as me. Finally, it's good to hear success stories too, parents of older children, and adults with autism who are doing well in life, it gives me hope that my daughters future isn't hopeless and there will be a place in society for her. :thumbs: