Sign in to follow this  
oracle

OT I HATE football I do

I think I'm lucky my partner is at work, which unluckily for him means driving drunk and rowdy people in the taxis. Being in Durham its a bit of a mixed bag, some Sunderland some Newcastle supporters, some neither so tends to be fights galore after derby matches, I think he intends coming home before 5pm.

>:D<<'> It'll be over soon tho carole, and I wouldn't even consider offering tea/coffee, let them help themselves. Next time make sure you have the date in advance so you can go out. Leave them to it.

Edited by lil_me

I hate football as well

I would rather pull every hair on my legs out with a pair of blunt pliers! ( I resemble the Hobbit woman that they dug up in Indonesia!)

How much do you hate football everyone?

HelenL

I can enjoy a really good match - but there aren't many of those.

My bugbear is that it isn't just football - it's cricket, tennis, golf..etc.

AND, even worse than just watching it, is the fact that hubbie and kids also play. Which means muggins here has the delightful task of cleaning smelly kit and shoes!!!!!!

And..... you've got me going now......daughter's doing Duke of Edinburgh in the Peak District as we speak so I'll have muddy boots, wet tents, soggy clothes, kit bags, etc to deal with on Tuesday. Urrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!

Good job I got my degree.

Cricket and golf are nasty, like watching paint dry

2-2 carole, it's getting worrying, hope Matthew is ok, I know what my sons like when who he wants to win looses

Edited by lil_me

at least they are active participants and enjoying getting some exercise, Lil me, isn't that really the point of sports?

what I can't understand is this obsession with watching other people do it :wacko:

Zemanski

They can get all the exercise they want doing it, just wish they didn't broadcast it live on TV around the clock when its on. Also when the cricket is on up here they close the car park for one of the best childrens parks to use for additional parking and traffic is chaos :angry:

Edited by lil_me

This is the biggest reason I am happy to be divorced :thumbs: Ex was a football obsessive and it dominated his weekends and drove me to distraction, nothing was more important than the match, and the Sunday leaguers, and the drinks after the game which would last all day and night Sunday :angry: I'm so glad my teenage lad is into music and not sports! B)

OK OK, I'm openning myself up for attack here fight.gifbeat.gif but I actually enjoy football but usually it has to be a big match like the semi-finals or finals I like to sit and watch. FA Cups, World Cups etc etc.

OK, let the bashing begin, come at me with your best shot!! fight.gif LOL

Dare I ask who won????? whistle.gif

Edited by Tylers-mum

Hi thinking of you Carole ;)

I used to have this with my Ex my new one (I mean prtner) is much better he loves computers not football B) Please do not take it as an hint :oops:

So lucky I am nobody likes football in here :thumbs:

Malika.

dare I ask who cares?  :whistle:

where are you getting all those great smileys from TM?

LOL, I have them saved in my photobucket account. I visit a private board where there's about 30 other people on there from America and I got them from that site and saved em! :D I have loads of them saved and every once in a while i use one or two! LOL. rofl.gif

Edited by Tylers-mum

Oh a subject dear to my heart. Mr Jaded was married to football before he ever met me. We got Sky the minute football disappeared off terrestial. I am totally used to him appearing with somebody I've never met to watch some game or other. He doesn't do it much now because with 4 kids it is impossible to get through a game in peace. Now he phones me from the pub. :lol:

Edited by call me jaded

but do you know the inside rule?

or the onside rule for that matter? :P

I used to babysit for a football obsessed psychologist who wrote books on tribal behaviour in football fans

nice bloke but I really pitied his family on saturdays :blink:

Z

well another football obsessive here... me not M lol!! M much prefers playing it at his after school club than watching it!!

Carole - are the boys any happier today? I sulked for a while yesterday afternoon, M thought it was hilarious.... :unsure:

I do hate football too there are three males in my front room watching it at the minute all day from 12 on sky one dh one ds and ds friend.I am here also but as im full of cold and cant drg myself away from the sofa i can always have a nap lol.Im really pleased that out of my 4 sons there is inlly one who likes it lol.

Carole, PM me your address, I'll call the police and tell em you've been kidnapped and being held against your will!! :lol: That oughta work right???? ;)

Have fun and keep those mens feet firmly on the ground!! ;) I went to see a rugby match once at my local stadium (Wales playing France) and I quite enjoyed it. VERY loud though so it may get too much for David ok. Hope you enjoy it and looking forward to an update.

OMG and I would LOVE to see Rob's face when he enters work!! Hehehehe!!! Just for that, I'lkl be supporting Sunderland tomorrow! (although I reckon hand on heart that Arsenal will squat them! LOL)

Will be thinking of you tomorrow night! ;)

PS, the police call offer still stands ya know!!! :wub: