Sign in to follow this  
smallworld

Off Topic

Hi,

this is totally non asd, but what telly advert is really annoying you right now ?

I've started this thread cos I'm so annoyed at the latest 'specsavers' ad, the one where the girl in glasses takes her boyfriend to meet her mum who's just got contact lenses.

My 12 yr old wears glasses (so do I ), what sort of message does this advert send out to children/young teenagers ?

Sorry need a non asd rant :wallbash:

wac

The one I find pathetically annoying, is the one where the bloke rings up for a loan and his wife stands there with a video camera recording him. OOH I really hate this advert, it's just sooooo corny. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brook

that really stupid advert for head and shoulders with sea minerals I swear the first time i heard it he was going to say something else!

Also anything to do with feminine hygiene! Should all be banned - we know we need the damn things we do not need them to rub it in (so to speak!)

Caroline!

Ooh yes, that one's cringeable !

I can't stand that one with that huge bloke bellowing 'HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED AT WORK, OR IN PUBLIC PLACE....?'

Ha, it's just come on telly :lol:

What fool thought he'd be a good choice for that ad ?!!

Or how about that Barclays ad with the robot ? I just don't get that, to me it's quite believable that banks have robots, I never seem to be able to talk to a real live person !!!

Perhaps I should stick the bbc, then it's just those silly dance bits to put up with.....

wac

Hi

The advert I hate at the moment is Burger King.

A cow walks across the background with Burger King written across it :o especially as I don't eat meat.

Not that you can call Burger King meat.

Can I be sued for saying that :lol:

I hate loan adverts. They give you an impression that loans make your dreams come true, when it gets in you in a lot of debt. :blink:

Crazy Frog- 'nuff said. :wallbash:

Those debt adverts where people look at all their debts and act all sad :tearful: then they call Suchandsuch Finance and they are all happy and jolly :dance:

Irn Bru adverts are great though: "Even though I used to be a man/Even though I used to be a man!" :D:lol:

Aaaaaarrrgghhhh, the loan one that Brook mentioned, picture loans, the whole things really bugs me but the most annoying part is that he's on the phone asking for the loan and then has to say the immortal line "how much did we want to borrow again?" to his wife, then "Oh yes, �25000" as if it is just some small insignificant amount. Never ever, ever ever will I be phoning picture for a loan.......Or a friendly chat about football!!

Malc

I've started this thread cos I'm so annoyed at the latest 'specsavers' ad, the one where the girl in glasses takes her boyfriend to meet her mum who's just got contact lenses.

My 12 yr old wears glasses (so do I ), what sort of message does this advert send out to children/young teenagers ?

OOh yes - I don't watch much TV so don't catch many ads, but this one really bugged me on several levels!

message= "glasses make you so unattractive and geekish that even next to your older mother you will appear invisible to your own boyfriend. And it's your own fault for not wearing contact lenses, so there".

It's extremely demoralising and insulting for those who wear glasses - have we not moved on from this stereotypical nonsense? :angry: I thought Harry Potter had made glasses cool. :unsure: Not everyone can wear contact lenses either.

It's also sexist - would the ad have worked if the genders had been reversed? Or could it be that only GIRLS in glasses appear unattractive. :wacko:

Thanks Wac, I was feeling calm till you reminded me. :rolleyes::P In fact I might complain to the ASA about it - seriously!

My 16 year old daughter has worn glasses since she was 7. We noticed even then on the magazines for little girls she used to buy, they never featured models wearing glasses.

To hijack an old rhyme:

Folk shouldn't make asses of women in glasses. grr!! :ph34r:

K (who will soon need them permanently, :rolleyes:)

The Gospel According to ghd

The one with the pretty girls and a list of commandments "Thou shalt not pinch your best friend's boyfriend" etc.

A bit blasphemous I think - and what's it an advert for exactly? :huh:

Daisy

The BK ones 'They're only 1.99er' Grrr! I could throw the TV with that one!

There is also another that I can't remember right now but I remember seeing it thinking it's REALLY bad and the broadcasters will have a LOT of complaints about it. I haven't seen it air since then so maybe they binned it! LOL

My pet hate for an advert is a local one so there will only be those of us in the North East that will see this one sorry :oops:

This advert actually upsets and also makes me angry. It's an advert for a local Radio Station and it shows a guy walking through a park with a baby pinned against his chest in a sling. He has headphones on - so he's really tuning into the baby - and he's singing along to the radio. Along he goes singing na na na na na baby give it up give it baby give it up. The baby meanwhile pinned to his chest is becoming visibly more and more upset and just as the advert ends you can see that the baby is really distressed. It's a real baby and I would like to thump the Radio Station and also the Mum for allowing them to do this to the baby and then broadcast it.

Move over Mary Whitehouse :lol:

Carole

I hate the radio ad for the new Construction Industry Scheme.

The Inland Revenue (sorry it has been rebranded as Revenue and Customs) has a Tom Healy (Auf Weidersein Pet) soundalike talking about the new regulations in the construction industry.

However, when it come to talking about gettingyour tax return filled in and submitted, they use a guy who is a little bit plummy.

This is subliminal stereotyping - in my view. Northern - manual worker, southern- white collar tax return filler outers! :lol:

Carole sounds nothing like a construction worker :lol::lol::lol: Mind you, with the recent dismantling of her house, Revenue and Customs would be daft enough to consider that she has a construction company. :lol:

Love

HelenL

Waccoe they do not need to do anything to the Baby to make it cry. The guy singing very loudly and off key does the job very well. The Baby, which is pinned to his chest while he prats around singing and waving his arms around is terrified and you can clearly see it's distress.

What worries me is how many blooming takes were there?

Carole