Sign in to follow this  
jayjay

IEP at school today, well done teacher

I had an IEP and consultation at my sons (PDD-NOS) school today and he is doing brilliantly, considering the struggles he has at times, i am at a bit of an advantage as in that my sons teacher has a son with aspergers so completely understands him and the way he thinks and feels, she wants to get him statemented now so that it is in place for him when he needs it rather then struggle at a later date when it is to late :wub: i know i couldnt ask for any better a postition to be in and just am so grateful the teacher is so understanding and knows exactly what i am going through. :tearful: . Just needed to sing her praises to someone. :thumbs::thumbs:

jayne xx

Jay Jay - where is this school and wonderful teacher :dance:

Just kidding - we are not allowed to and I will get a wallop from the moderators if I incite people into being naughty :lol:

It is lovely to hear of a successful relationship and they are very few and far between, but they give us hope and remind us that there are some good eggs out there

best wishes

HelenL

Hi Jane :)

I'm so pleased that you have an understanding LSA for your son, great to read some thing positive about his education.

Good luck with statementing procedure. :pray:

Hi Jane

The school sounds fantastic and it's great to here of an understanding teacher.We had a problem earlier this year with our now old school basicly it was cr*p so we decided to move home and get Char into a much better school.The difference is amazing they are used to dealing with AS ASD infact all forms of disabilities and Char has progressed.

Good luck with the statement I think you are deff 'doing the right thing get the help in now so should he need it in the future it is already there, Fingers crossed.

Lisa x