Sign in to follow this  
lisann

Just a quickie

Hi all

Got a big problem with Char at the mo' He keeps getting naked.It's not funny cause he has always hated clothes and rarely has much more than a t shirt and pants on.But yesterday he stripped off again and wouldn't get back dressed he even ate his tea in the buf.Wouldn't mind but have Beth at seven and Char does seam to like his playing with his toger ( Privates).I don't realy want Beth to have to put up with this she keeps saying

" Mum tell him he's naked again" :oops:

How can I stop it????

Lisa x

Both my boys do/did this, thankfully the 13 year old has now started wearing underwear and shorts in the house.

:whistle: No idea how to stop it, if we are at home my son will take any opportunity to remove his clothes, as soon as he gets in from school they are off. Some mornings I will dress him as we are going out, then when I go to put his coat on he's naked again :rolleyes: Edited by lil_me

Turn the central heating down a notch or two and open the windows? It might encourage him to put something on. The rest of you will freeze, of course, but you can't have everything. ;)

My husband has stopped walking around the house with no shirt on. This is because my daughter wanted to copy him as she doesn't see why women can't and men can: she think's it's illogical and very unfair.

I hope you find a solution to this.

K

tried opening windows but it make him want to wee and he isn't very good at holding it plus he tries to escape through them.

Me head is spinning with what to do!! LOL

I don't walk about naked tho' so he def' isn't copying me :lol:

Lisa x

lisann

I sympathise with this one. I have three boys who think nothing of wondering around half naked. Luckily, I don't have to do anything as my dd is so cross she hounds them until they put something on.

Kathryn, laughed out loud at your post - L is right of course.

Barefoot

My youngest also doesn't feel the cold, he's only 4, and it has been frosty every morning all week here. This morning I went to get something out of the car, and he made an instant dash straight out the door into the street, starkers ! :oops:

Yup i can relate to this as well :unsure:

My 9 yr old son (soon 2 b 10 in march) walks around in the buff if he can (before he gets caught and ushered in2 his room b4 the other kids can see him) but he thinks nothing of coming out of the bath/shower and parading around from the upstairs bathroom to the downstairs livingroom with the towel on his head (copying me but i also have something on as well) :wacko: and thinks its funny but it's highly embarasing especially if his older sisters have their friends in :oops:

Julie x

I don't walk about naked tho' so he def' isn't copying me  :lol:

It didn't cross my mind for a minute Lisa. :lol::lol:

Another helpful hint: move to a country where it's culturally acceptable to wander round in the buff - somewhere in the Amazon jungle or the Kalahari perhaps? Your son will be then be free to indulge his natural tendencies without the restrictions our society imposes.

The rest of you will, of course, be really self conscious about wandering round without clothes but you can't have everything :P.

Edited by Kathryn

we had the problem of living next door to a very strict muslim family who were extremely offended by Com's nakedness, even when he was little (I never saw their children in the nude, from birth they would always be covered, none of that letting their bottoms air on the changing mat)

it took us till he was 4 to persuade Com that he could not go out (or round to their house) without knickers on and he was 9 before we managed the same indoors.

at 12 he finally got his teenage inhibitions with a vengence and now he's completely paranoid about being seen :P

Zemanski

I have the same problem with C, so much so that her community nurse has been round to chat to me about it again :wacko: She is obsessed with clothes and will only wear what she wants to wear, then as soon as she is comfortable (at home or respite) off they come :oops: Sometimes she is ok about covering up but I'm still at the 'desperately attempting at least a pair of pants' stage and can't seem to move on :tearful:

Respite are very understanding but it's making things very difficult, she obviously can't go round naked there and at home her older brother has friends round so it's difficult here too. Anyone got any ideas what I could do????

No great suggestions I'm afraid, and all I can say is what happened in residential care. This was a school for 8-19 with autism, sld and behaviour problems. Rule was: it's ok to have no clothes but only in your room. This was reinforced by pecs as all were nonverbal. And leading back to their room if they came out naked using simple language "no clothes - only in room". Now I know it's easy to say as I was just working there on a shift and not 24/7 and staffing ratio was high and we weren't doing the daily things of life, all 9,000,000 things at once. But it did work in the end with persistant practice. Same goes for other behaviours not acceptable in public - mainly masturbation. This probably doesn't help at all, love Kat

Hi

Have the same problem with both mine- they take their clothes off all the time and would live inthe nude if possible. I have taken H to a beach in scotland in feb and before i could stop him he was completly naked! Cold is no deterrent! The other day at the swimming pool I looked around and they had both removed their trunks! The explaination was from H " they were itching our winkles" :lol: his younger brother had just copied!"

Com definitely doesn't feel the cold, in fact, he has a terrible problem with heat in the summer.

at the moment Com is still going to school in a short leeved shirt with no coat - I can get him to wear a kagool if it's raining, but only if it's raining hard, or snowing

last year he didn't wear his sweatshirt all year so I haven't bothered to buy them this year and he's still in shorts and sandals at home - at least it's cheap!

Com responded, eventually to a privacy rule, much like the one described by Kat. There are several things - biting toenails, nakedness, picking his nose ... - that must only be done in a private place. His private places are clearly defined (no point telling them to do something in private if they don't know where private is) - his room and the bathroom with the door closed.

could perhaps use a social story for this?

Zemanski

Edited by Zemanski

Clothes ... wouldn't it be lovely is they just wore them :blink:

T has just started to get inhibitions about being naked, as his older brov is 15 and typically body shy now. But saying that, it is ###### freezing and me and T have just come back from sainsburys to which he wore shorts and a t-shirt, but it was a step up from the pj's that were half on most of the morning. He used to get naked at the first sign of a beach, sand pit or paddling pool (or even a pond), or any outside area where he could play come to that .. its only recently he has started to wear underwear, hated them there pants or shorts, so used to be commando, used to be a bit difficult changing for PE, his TA would take him out so he could change in the boys toilets rather than in the classroom with everyone else as everyone would laugh at T no pants.

HHxx

Another naked evening Char sat playing xbox as if it is quite normal to sit naked in the front room and let the bl**dy xbox controller sit quite nicely on his toger while playing.Found out later on the xboxcontroller only Blo*dy vibrates when you crash nemo into something hmmmmmm what now!!!!

Think naked xbox playing is a deff no !!! Wait for the screams.when I tell him.

Lisa x

I am starting to get a similar problem with Louis.

He will suddenly undress himself, and parade around the house with nothing on. It wouldn't be so bad, but he doesn't think anything of bending over and deliberatly showing you his bum :wacko::shame: Tis yuck - esp. when he can't use toilet paper properly :hypno:

I have had this problem with Ben for ever. We just accept thats how he is. I have 3 older girls and they have friends round all the time and Ben is right there with them, stark naked. They all just ignore it now, like it's something normal. The way I look at it is, if you can't be comfortable in your own home then where can you. If thats how Ben feels comfy then so be it, if other people don't like it then they don't have to visit. I'm sure modesty wil come with age. :pray:

Viper.

Nick hates clothes too, he strips off whenever he gets the chance. I found out he hated the labels rubbing against his skin so we found some t shirts without labels or cut them out and a very soft fabric that didn't irritate him and as to the underware since swapping over to cotton boxers he is much better anything tight and it was a no no.. He also very rarely feels the cold so windows open wouldn't help..

Good luck

I do it when I'm angry or frustrated. I drop my trousers and lift up my shirt and sort of jump on the spot. Mum just looks at me and says "done now" and I usually say "yep, any chance I can have a cup of tea when you next make one?" and then head off upstairs. Mind you, I'm 31 which doesn't really help however, I rarely leave the house at all so it's okay I suppose.