Sign in to follow this  
bevalee

Major Meltdown!

Very bad week :(

R is in residential school and is suffering really bad depression and anxiety.

One of the pupils was verbally abusive so R hit him. Wrong i know, but the school didn't suspend him but sent him home for a few days because he is very low. They said he could return tomorrow for the end of term Christmas celebrations.

I am very angry :angry: they phoned me tonight and said they don't want him to return until after Christmas now!

They should have told this to R last night before he came home. He is in such a state now ... cried for 3 hours ... banging his head and major meltdown. I am so worried about his mental health and now they have done this to him. I know what he did was wrong but now he is just staring into space and rocking, waiting for the bl**dy school to ring him back ... which they haven't ... this is just horrible.

Oh Bevalee i am heart sorry. Cant really give you any advice but i send you my best wishes and hugs to you >:D<<'> both. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Laine

Hi Bevalee - >:D<<'> to you it's awful to watch your child in such distress I know. I don't think the school are being fair telling you one thing then another, for Gods sake if don't they realise this changing thier minds will distress R more than ever :wallbash:

Don't wait for them to ring you, get on the phone and tell them exactly the situation they are causing for you all at home, I think you, not the school, should decide wether it's best for R to go back before or after Xmas, 'specailly since he hasn't been excluded, and then tackle it from that stance whatever you decide. Tell the school how worried you are about his mental health and how there actions are contributing to your worries.

Good luck, Take care,

Luv Witsend.

bevalee

I'm sorry to hear your son is feeling so low at the moment. Did you manage to sort out the problem about seeing a psychiatrist?

I think it's very unfair of the school to punish him by leaving him out of all the Xmas festivities. If he's feeling low they should be encouraging him not banning him.

He needs support right now not abandonment. Shame on them.

The school actually rang me back at 4.30pm, after i had called 3 times. Just said that there had been a break down in communication from the staff, and they would send out a form to make a 'formal complaint' if i wanted to. No 'Sorry' for the upset they have caused us. :(

Berverley, I'm so sorry to hear of this. How awful for the school to do this to your son just before Christmas, and especially when he is already feeling down. Not that feeling down or it being Christmas has anything to do with it, ie, they should never treat a child like this.

I do hope you can help your son get over this before the holiday's kick in.

I don't know what to advise, I can only give you a >:D<<'> and one for your son >:D<<'>

Lauren

hello bev,how is R today,ok i hope,im not really good at giving advice but i am thinking of you both,take care love hev