Sign in to follow this  
helenl53

Dfes have said YES

Hi All,

This may not come to anything, but I wrote to Secretary of State for Education (Ruth Kelly) before I went away and asked for an enquiry into law breaking by my LEA during the whole Statutory Assessment, Statementing and Tribunal Process. My MP told me to go away and enjoy myself as a response would take some months. - but - I have a letter dated 7 days after I wrote telling me that although Ruth Kelly will not be responding to me personally, :lol: , I have had a person from the Dfes appointed to launch an enquiry.

I am delighted - for two years I have been asking for the Dfes to do something about lawbreaking and been told 'we do not interfere in local matters'.

This will raise the profile of what has been going on in my own Borough and take it out of the local arena so I am hoping that any outcome will impact on other authorities and other families affected by lawbreaking.

The enquiry will take a while, I am sure as the Dfes have to independently gather evidence, but I have had nothing to lose by taking this action.

Best wishes for the coming year for everyone

Love

HelenL

Well done Helen for hanging in there, I have been following this and wait like you to see if they will finally do something. I think you are absolutely right this will have a direct affect on things, thank you for keeping us posted.

Best of luck, HHxx

Hi Helen,

Welcome back >:D<<'> .

I'm really pleased for you, it's a big step in the right direction :thumbs: . The chipmunks will prevail ;) .

If the Dfes wont do anything about lawbreaking, who will? Is it me or is there something wrong there :wacko: .

Go Helen :ninja:

Love,

Annie

XX

Helen,

Well done, you are a star. :notworthy:

Welcome back, I hope you enjoyed the break.

I'm off for a week on the 23rd, I can't wait........in fact I might not come back! :lol:

Nellie xx

Thanks everyone.

My MP has been briefed on this matter and I have told him that this must not be allowed to be swept under any carpets. He is fired up and ready to go!

If there is any outcome, it will have been helped by my absolute insistence on dealing with all matters by correspondence -(snail or email) and so have managed to collect quite a considerable amount of 'proof'.

I was given this advice by my GP at the beginning of our problems and he told me that even if I attended meetings or had phone conversations, then I was to drop a line to the other party to confirm the content of the meeting or the phone conversation - it was to draw out a response from the other side and if they did not respond, then it would indicate acceptance of the facts as stated by me. He had been caught out by the 'system' and told me that he had an experience where a conversation was denied to have ever taken place! Please, please please guys - get everything in writing - no matter how trivial and unimportant it may seem at the time. I would also say that you must challenge the opinions of the schools and professionals dealing with your child if you think it is wrong. I did not challenge reports that were written about my son and they came up and bit me on the bum at Tribunal as they were used as evidence by the other side and accepted by the Tribunal as fact.

I am not getting slushy here - but - I can not say enough that I would not be doing what I am doing if I was not a member of this forum and gained priceless knowledge and support from everyone. :wub:

Best wishes

Love

HelenL

Please, please please guys - get everything in writing - no matter how trivial and unimportant it may seem at the time.

Couldn't agree more Helen. I say this time and again. Your experience just goes to prove the reason why I say it.

Well done Hen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

That's great news, justice will be done and if not don't forget to get your Cat Woman costume on and climb Big Ben. I know I'm gonna see you on the News one day.

Well back to the portfollio..will it ever be finished :rolleyes:

SV

Helen well done for persevering(sp) with this. Like annie I'm surprised that the Dfes do not want to get involved in local issues :huh: It's like the lady I once spoke to at the LEA who told me 'we don't really like to get involved in school matters' :lol:

I was given this advice by my GP at the beginning of our problems and he told me that even if I attended meetings or had phone conversations, then I was to drop a line to the other party to confirm the content of the meeting or the phone conversation - it was to draw out a response from the other side and if they did not respond, then it would indicate acceptance of the facts as stated by me.

Excellent advice - we do this after every meeting and phone call now - keeps them on their toes...