Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frangipani

Four hours ironing

Guest hallyscomet

Hi, Moderators,

I have a serious problem, this sight has caused me a backlog or ironing, at least 4 hours :lol::lol: The thing is I really havent worked out how I can take this with me while I do the ironing.

Your urgent help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I guess you can empathise with this serious dilemma :lol::lol:

You see I have half a dozen girls sleeping over and I have quietly filled up the spare room so no one notices, now the truth is out, I have a messy room in my house :o:devil::lol::lol:

Regards

Hailey.

Edited by hallyscomet

Hailey,

that's nothing, we went on holiday LAST OCTOBER and I haven't reached the bottom of my ironing pile since :whistle:

I lay the blame totally on krism :lol::lol:

but it's a small price to pay for my ever-shrinking sanity,

wac

Guest hallyscomet

I empathise and agree totally, on sanity levels :lol::lol::lol: come on lets knock over that ironing. :lol::lol:

Hailey

Hi, Moderators,

I have a serious problem, this sight has caused me a backlog or ironing, at least 4 hours :lol::lol: The thing is I really havent worked out how I can take this with me while I do the ironing.

Your urgent help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I guess you can empathise with this serious dilemma :lol::lol:

You see I have half a dozen girls sleeping over and I have quietly filled up the spare room so no one notices, now the truth is out, I have a messy room in my house :o:devil::lol::lol:

Regards

Hailey.

Hi Hailey,

I'm afraid I can't advise. What is ironing?? :huh::huh:

I tend to get round this problem by wearing jeans all the time - gravity causes the creases to drop out eventually.

I only iron solidly for two weeks in the year - when Wimbledon is on telly. It's how I offset the guilt of watching TV during the day. :rolleyes: So you could try watching a bit of tennis while you do it, but be careful not to burn yourself during moments of high tension - like when Lleyton Hewitt serves for the championship (is he still in it by the way??)

On the other hand, you could draft in additional resources. You have half a dozen girls in your house - they should get through it in no time.

Hope this smoothes out your very difficult dilemma - (sorry about the pun: at 2:15 am that's the best you're going to get. :lol: )

night night

K x

Hmmm....

Best I can suggest is to inform said visitors that you wish to teach tem a vital life skill and present each of them in turn with a share of the iorning :lol:

The ironing is a form of tortur. It is band from my house. If crease free clothes are needed to go out we buy new :lol:

I don't do ironing if I can help it - just tend to tumble dry everything.

Having Lupus means my joints are too painful to hold an iron most of the time.

Anyway what's the point - you iron clothes put them in the cupboards and the kids crinkle them up again!

Daisy

Don't do ironing either if it can be helped. If I need to iron anything it is done with great angst. Don't quite see point of ironing things, to fold them up and put them away, they end up with creases from the folding. As for hanging them up, the amount of times things fall off hangers in my wardrobes and lie there can't be counted, so its a big no no for me too.

Ironing, whats that? :unsure:

Absolutely hate it! wish I could afford for one of those ladies who do it for you!

Then again, I might train hubby up. :lol::lol: on second thoughts, I'd end up

having a moan at him for not doing it right and do it myself anyway. :fight::lol:

Brook

Confession time :o ........I do ironing :o

I have my laptop in the kitchen right next to where I iron. I just flit between the two...........mind you, it takes about 3 hours to iron a couple of shirts, but I do get it done........eventually :D

It is Soooooooo refreshing to see all you ladies posting that you DON'T iron...

I always feel slightly guilty 'cos ben's school uniform is drip ironed, tumble dry ironed or run my thumbs down the creases and hang up by the leg bottom (trousers) ironed...

as for me - stopped wearing shirts when I stopped wearing suits!! long sleeve/short sleeve tees of various weights and i'm done!!

So, thankyou ladies, you've made an old young man very happy :D

A very wrinkled (but only the clothes) BD ;)

Just do what I do :rolleyes: fold it into a pile as neat as you can manage and sit on it :whistle: "while your on the computer" :thumbs: ........see it,s easy you can squash press your clothes and be here at the same time.I,m doing 4 t-shirts ,a skirt and a pair of pjamas as we speak....multi tasking at its finest :D

Thanks for that Suze. Great idea :thumbs::clap:

I brought a side-step machine today, thought it was about time I did some sort of fitness type thing, so now I can exercise while I'm on here too :thumbs: ........ even if I do have to stop exercising every now and again :rolleyes: at least until I've mastered the art of reading threads while like this :bounce: .

All these hints and tips are great :clap:

I'm into multi-tasking too...

I've got a sandwich on a piece of string dangling from the peak of my cap, a flagon of red and a long straw next to the keyboard and I'm sitting on my bike with it propped on housebricks...

Guess which bit I'm lying about ;);)

As for that ironing Suze, NEMO said you could be getting on with smoothing the creases out of your six-man tent for the summer holidays!! :o:o:o

He did! Honest!

###### rude, I say...... go on, hit him!! ;);)

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

BD

Wish I was a rich girl, la la la la la la la la la

http://iron-maidens.com/

:( Could have it all done for me, at a price. I HATE IRONING !!!

Until then I will use Suze's idea I think, I do usually iron whilst on the internet, of course I don't take the blame for any burns

Edited by lil_me

I'm into multi-tasking too...

I've got a sandwich on a piece of string dangling from the peak of my cap, a flagon of red and a long straw next to the keyboard and I'm sitting on my bike with it propped on housebricks...

Guess which bit I'm lying about ;);)

The flagon of red. From where I sit it looks distinctly like a chardonnay.

You really must disconnect that webcam!!!! :o:devil:

K

:huh: ................Baddad this is really creepy, how did you know about the six man tent :o .

To paraphrase Kathryn, you really MUST turn that web cam off!! ;)

If you really do have a six man tent my info is wrong...

Annie said you had a couple of three manners...

well, she said you were 'Too Tense', anyway ;);)

She did. HONEST... Go on, hit her :fight::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: ..............ooh you lighten my mood :D ...........Annie is the sweetest kindest little hunny bunny, who ever skipped through a field of daisies........she would never do that. Cos I knows..cos she,s my friend she is :D .........

:lol: ..............ooh you lighten my mood :D ...........Annie is the sweetest kindest little hunny bunny, who ever skipped through a field of daisies........she would never do that. Cos I knows..cos she,s my friend she is :D .........

:wub: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

(and i WASN'T being sarcastic) >:D<<'>

I've been trying to reply to this since last night.......every time I click on something, I get cut off :angry:

Badders - go and sit on the moderator's naughty step :shame: six man tent :shame:

Suze - >:D<<'>

Just going off to skip through another field of daisies :dance: .....nearest I could get to skipping :P

Well, I haven't ironed for years, unless it's a poshnob affair ;)

I hang things up to dry and then fold them meticulously, and that does for us!!

Bid :) (where is the 'slut' emoticon??)

Kathryn...do I look crumpled?? :lol:;):devil:

Well, I haven't ironed for years, unless it's a poshnob affair ;)

I hang things up to dry and then fold them meticulously, and that does for us!!

Bid :) (where is the 'slut' emoticon??)

Kathryn...do I look crumpled?? :lol:;):devil:

But you are always immaculately pressed when you visit me, surely?? Are you telling me I'm not posh enough to iron for?? Gee thanks. :lol:

K xx :devil:

Shows you ladies are far nicer than us blokes...

Cos when bid said 'Do i look crumpled?'

I WOULD NOT have been able to resist 'Well your clothes don't!'...

Of course, I'm sure that any bits that DO look crumpled are supposed to be that way (i.e. inside of earlobe, back of knees etc), and all else is crease and blemish free...

I may be :lol::lol: , but I'm not :wacko::wacko:

;)>:D<<'>

BD

PS: 'Poshnobs' - i like that! Not in my thesaurus though, so please inform...

Guest hallyscomet

Hey Guys

I forget you are in winter mode. The truth be known I iron as little as possible in winter as we can get away with it.

But you know those summer cottons even if you hang them up they still look crumpled :o you start walking down the street looking all stiff :bancomp: errrrrrrcreak I must say I do love those non iron items but aren't those knickers and bras :lol::lol::lol: I would surely get arrested walking down the street like that,

maybe I buy Lycra, will go to the Batcave to inquire but that can be a very scary experience, for some of us :o:whistle::lol:

Hailey

Hailey,

When you get into the Batcave I'm sure Cinders would be more than happy to lend you one of his sooperdooper lyrca irons and if you're doing the smalls ....... JT will be more than happy to assist :lol::lol:

Daisy

Daisy... I hope you not suggesting I'm a dirty old knicker nicker :shame::shame::shame:

I'm a clean new knicker nicker ;);)

Arnold Layne... had a strange... hobby.......

Bid - POSHNOBS!! You could market those... Hobnobs, only posher! finest belgian chocolate instead of cadbury's (not that there's anything wrong with cadbury's if any cadbury's employees are looking in), Organic oats, acacia honey -you get the idea...

Orlrite darlin' this time next year we'll be millyonares... you do the packaging, I'll drive the three wheeler ;):lol: