Sign in to follow this  
lindy-lou

jordan

did anyone read jordans interview about her little boy harvey?he so sounds like he is ASD,she says she gets no help for him from the authority and it makes her sad,seems even the stars dont get the appropriate help.

I was going to email her and give her the address of this forum so she could join up and be anonymous and find out how to get help for him.

Sounds like a good idea.

I haven't read the interview, but thats terrible she gets no help for him, is it because she has more money than most do you think?

i think its because the proffesionals concentrate on his medical problems more,she says things like she has to cut his sandwiches into 6 pieces or he wont eat them and he's got to have 4 peas on is plate,he's blind too which must make it harder.

i read the interview she has mentioned in another interview that she thinks that he is autistic, she really has alot to deal with all his other medical issues too. I think it would be a fantastic idea to email her and give her this add she could be unknow to us all and still get good advice.

justamom

Maybe she still would like to talk to some people about autism, without letting on who she is. It would probably be really hard for her to go to a 'real life' support group, and people would probably feel very little sympathy for her. But money or no, autism is still hard to deal with.

she only gave the interview a few weeks ago and it doesnt mention that he has a DX of autism in the interview but it very much sounded so,i will see if i can find an email addy for her and let her know this place exists. :)

Theres an interview in closer magazine where she mentions they think Harvey may be autistic.I,m sure she would welcome the support available here. :D

Yes, definately a good idea :) ,

Although she gets alot of bad press, i think she is a really good mum. Totally devoted to her children.

Loulou x

In the middle of reading her book, changed my opinion of her, and watching the docs she has done. Model Mum, and extremely supportive of charities, my friends daughter is registered blind and she paid for the whole group to goto Centre Parcs last year, and it was not publicised she had done this. Poor little Harvey has been through so much, and still as an amazing smile.

My own opinion of Katie 'Jordan' Price has also been dratically changed from reading about her skills as a parent, plus seeing just how awful Jodie Marsh is on Big Brother. It's very hard not to compare the two as it's often been overblown in the media, but Jordan appears to be the salt of the earth next to Marsh.

DH and I watched the wedding doc ... unusual for DH, who's not into celebs at all :blink: ... OK - so they live an OTT lifestyle but good on them - they just seem to get on and celebrate life and all the good things ... really saw how much they care for Harvey and Junior - hope they get to the bottom of Harvey's problems - I must admit I wondered about Prader-Willi as his possible diagnosis ...

:D i think shes great

ive read her first book and shes been through alot, shes worked hard for her success and is a positive role model for single mums as she found her mr.right who cares for her and her disabled son.

Wait a minute guys... :unsure:

Not everyone welcomes the assumption that their child might have Autism from complete strangers!! :o

I certainly wouldn't have liked that from someone I didn't know...

It can be delicate enough when it is family or friends...but strangers??

Bid :unsure:

Whatever any magazine articles say, I still think we need to be sensitive here, guys :unsure:

She may be a celebrity, but that doesn't mean she and her family's health is public property...

Bid :bat:

I have to say I agree with Bid on this. The press don't always get things right for a start but, even if they have I don't think its for us to foist ourselves on her. Perhaps the best thing to do might be to contact the magazine concerned and offer some suggestions of where Katie, and others, could find help. That way the choice is hers.

Whatever any magazine articles say, I still think we need to be sensitive here, guys :unsure:

She may be a celebrity, but that doesn't mean she and her family's health is public property...

Bid :bat:

she is the one that gave the interview,making her sons health issues public knowledge,people in the public eye can be a good way of raising awareness for our kids dont you think?she also stated she receives no help for harvey,im sure that like all of us she has many questions to ask.

She strikes me as being very much in charge of what's printed about her. She's on the front of Heat magazine this week saying she wants to adopt a disabled child as a friend for Harvey.

I have had the luxury of meeting Jordan and have found her to be quite knowledgeable when it comes to autism, lets just say I did not care much for her until I met her, got the book and the sig to prove it LOL, she is a genuine person at the end of the day.

Hi Lindy-Lou/all -

while it's probably true that Jordan would welcome advice and support with her son, my guess would be she's capable of seeking that for herself - she seems like a fairly resourceful woman to me!! My personal feeling is that an approach to 'come and have a look at this forum', especially on the back of a thread like this could be interpreted as us touting for a 'celebrity endorsement' which - were I in her position - would be totally off-putting. If she's searching the net for UK forums she'll find us... If she likes what she sees, she'll use us...

For my own part, I can say that if someone had approached me soon after Ben's diagnosis mentioning forums and online resources i'd have run a mile in the opposite direction i had my hands (and head) full with all the stuff that was coming at me from different directions anyway, and it took me a long time to sort the wheat from the chaff..

Not saying you'd be wrong to give her the 'heads up' lindy-lou, but perhaps an e-mail to closer(?) or a fan site would be the way to go rather than a direct approach which could seem intimidating/insensitive...

In any event, i'd certainly echo all of the positive sentiments expressed here, and wish she and hers the very VERY best

L&P

BD :D

Bless, big thumbs up for Jordan >:D<<'> (she must have to hide a lot of her emotions about Harvey - we have all been there and know how devastating it is to raise a 'different' child).

She gets a lot of knockers (sorry for the pun! :lol: ) but I think she's actually alright, and if I looked like her, I'd have my boobs out 24/7 ... I might give the big Barbie wedding a miss though but then, each to their own.

Isn't she now on about adopting a child with special needs? Great, lets see how many other celebs do that.