MumTee

DX today

:( Got dx today - how come I feel so sick even though I knew it was going to happen eventually? For some reason it's taken me by surprise..... I know my boy was the same walking into the appointment as when he walked out, but I felt...strange/sick/giddy. I think my main fear is that he'll never be able to communicate with me at all - I suppose because I need some reassurance that I'm getting things right for him - and only he can tell me. :(

And then again I feel kind of privileged to have such a special boy...

And then again I feel terrified that I'm not up to the job..

And I'm worried about the monumental battle ahead to get him what he needs and deserves...

I need hugs....!

MT >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It's a real emotional rollercoaster after dx, even when you 'knew' beforehand :(

Try and take things easy if you can, and be gentle on yourself and your family >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

You are with people who really do know how you are feeling right now.

Bid >:D<<'>

Diagnosis: You want it, you don't want it. You get it and you wish you hadn't...but then you're glad you did....all the reactions I think we all have. It is still a shock even when you know it's coming, as you say.

Just let the news sink in over a few days and take things steady. As for hugs..

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Its a whirl wind kinda feeling getting a dx I know and like you said you expected it but still its a shock to have somebody tell you... Let it sink in - your boy is special and lucky to have somebody like you who cares...

sending you lots of hugs >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

justamom

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It still comes as a shock when you finally get a diagnosis. Emotions run riot for a while.

Be gentle on yourself, give yourself time to take things in. We're always here for you.

Annie

>:D<<'>

((Mumtee)). It must be a lot to come to terms with. Give yourself time.

Sending more >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> your way, MumTee. You aren't alone in your reactions but you've probably realised that already.

Look after yourself

K xx

I felt the same...For now I have decided (and is still v early days for me) that it really doesn't matter what the label is..I just have to do all in my power to help with all my sons individual problems (language, social, play etc) and it helps me now to understand them on the AS level...I am just beginning to get some NHS help now that we have a dx and I realise that I would have none without it.

Anyway I feel for you coz I know how tough it is!! :(:(

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

MT - It hits you like a brick :blink:

The dx has many advantages and now you can really begin to learn what makes your little one tick.

Keep strong, there's going to be a lot of ups and downs. Denials when he's having good days and acceptance when he's having bad times :rolleyes:

Daisy

Take your time and be gentle with yourself >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Don't worry about the road ahead - think of the diagnosis as a signpost to help you - but for now it's time to rest a while and take all the TLC you can. >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> MumTee >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I know the mixture of emotions you are feeling right now, lots and lots of things whirling around to think

about. We also already suspected before being told the dx, I too felt the same as you.

Sending lots of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> take it easy.

Brook

More >:D<<'> >:D<<'> MumTee

It does take time to sink in. We only got our dx a month ago. It hits you again when you get it in writing and again when you have to start sharing the news. So I'm putting this one off for now unless it is vital people know - like nursery.

I feel like we are treading water a bit and waiting for something to happen because at the moment nursery are handling him well and there are no big problems.

So take it easy MumTee.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

However much you were expecting it, getting the confirmed diagnosis does knock the stuffing out of you for a while. This is normal and happens to nearly everybody.

Don't be hard on yourself. You're doing a great job!

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

OH You and me both kiddo!

Felt like I was reading my own post, reading yours.

I really do know how you feel and Im sending all the best wishes that I can!

We got S dx yesterday and I am reeling. Even though it was not a surprise.

Take it easy be kind to yourself and have lots of warm fuzzy vibes that Im sending to you

Love

F >:D<<'>