pingu

Dreams (anyone?)

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone wanted to share dreams, Not the millionaire / ferrari kind, But the sort you have when you are blessed with sleep. The reason i ask is quite selfish, I have been having a re-curring dream for years and its driving me insane, i have spent years trying to work it out, and i have been told its something to do with emotion, (as its to do with water) but i feel there is so much more to it, and am desperate for someone to tell me what it all means....

Ill try and explain what its all about..

When i was 17 (im 32 now) I had a dream about an old schoolroom, it was like a barn in the middle of a field, it had an upstairs a few desks were occupied there, in the corner was some sort of old fashioned cooker/ boiler, and it was hissing, i reached out to touch it, and heard someone shout "dont touch it" and with that i was outside the building and looking at this place going up in a huge fireball.... I woke from this and even now its still clear, I still get palpitations when i think about it, and in my opinion, this dream was a chain reaction and now im been haunted by the damn things. After that dream i constantly dreamt of water. I spent years trying desperatly to go a little bit further into the dream, and after 15 years here is my conclusion. (the bit i need help with)

It starts with a market place, the stalls are dirty and very old, the ground underneatth is cobbled, and im looking for a train station, I come out of the market and am hit by a wall of water, at which point i usually wake up. But along side these dreams, i have others which are like episodes of the same thing, i will be at the train station, but the train is late, or im on the bridge looking at the market, or actually walking along the street (a curved cobbled one) I come to a gate and water is trickling underneath and the flood is coming from a river, the more i stand looking the deeper it gets, i wake up from these dreams soaking wet and knackered, i feel like ive fought all night and the last thing i want to do is get up in the mornings,

When they first started i tried to ignore them, then i faced them, i emailed lots of people and all i ever got told was it was to do with emotion. But there is some feeling attached to the dreams, its like de'ja'vou only stronger, and i was just wondering if anyone knew what the heck was going on, Ive had 5 on the bounce, and im ratty and tempremental, I lost it with a psychologist yesterday as im so pariniod, but im sure i wouldnt be if i knew my dreams wernt trying to tell me something..

I sometimes get flashblacks to the dreams throughout the day if i see a crack or gap in the pavenment i suddenly recall a large chunk of memory ( i think its the dream) and from there another piece goes in. Trouble is, i dont know anymore whats reality and whats not, i would love to forget all about them truthfully and dream nice things, but it feels like im missing some clue, and i dont know where to look next.

I hope this makes sense, i really dont explain myself very well.

Anyway, if anyone has any knowledge about the above, or if you have an odd dream that feels like de'ja'vou, then please tell me then at least i wont feel alone in my nightmarish universe.

Take care all And Sweet dreams

Shaz

youre not alone in the de'ja'vou, i have a weird one regularly, im with my late grandad in a garden. anyway, i wont waffle on in detail but i was told the de'ja'vou feeling is because you subconsiously remember having the dream before. each time you have the dream the de'ja'vou feeling gets stronger.

dont know if that makes sense, or if its true but its what i was told.

H pingu,

I have a recurring dream where I am trying to get through to someone on the phone and it's an urgent call ,everything that can go wrong does and I wake up panicking and soaking too.

I know people will say it reflects what is happening in real life( my son and trying to get help),but I have been having this dream for years and it is really scary as the call is always really important as in life threatening and I never get through.

Theresa

Edited by asereht

pingu, it sounds like a past life regression to me. I don't know if you believe in that sort of thing but if you do or not it might be worth going to a hypnotist to see if there is anything they can do to help.

Thanks for all that its nice to know im not alone

pingu, it sounds like a past life regression to me. I don't know if you believe in that sort of thing but if you do or not it might be worth going to a hypnotist to see if there is anything they can do to help.

This is interesting as i didnt want to be the one to mention this in case i was barking up the wrong tree, but i have often wondered this. Now you hve mentioned it i feel safe to ask if you know any more about it.

Shaz

I don't know much but from what you say in your dream it sounds like it is set in a past time. The cobbles, water running in the street etc. Also the fact it seems real and the De ja vu all sound like a past life.

Do you know if you are you, if you know what I mean? Are you yourself in the dream or someone else, i.e. a man, old lady or young child etc?

What sort of clothing are you wearing and do you know where it is set?

Found this, you might find it interesting.

As our past lives are stored in our subconscious, it's possible that some of these memories surface as visions or dreams in those people that have "thinner veils" to the subconscious. I suspect that most of the time these memories surface because there is something from the past that is unresolved and still has a deep effect on that person's emotional being. It is also possible that some memories can surface randomly. One can measure the importance of such a past life memory, vision or dream, by the emotional feeling that accompanies it.

do you think we should take this to PM's cos some people might find it upsetting, we might be offending peoples religious beliefs

Hi Pingu,

I'm like you with the dreaming, but after becoming more sleep deprived over the last few years I am losing the recurring dreams.

I'm still dreaming vividly, even if i drop off for a few minutes on the settee. I feel like I am living a double life !

dreams featuring facing water (lots of it, ie drowning, floods,the sea, big waves etc.) are thought to be symbolic of life and facing up to things,and a fear of 'getting into the swim of things' so to speak !

At the times of our son's dx I was having recurring dreams about being in the sea but the only way out was a beach with a wolf on it :wacko: These dreams continued in a similar form for over a year, they always reminded me of that 'Waterboys' song 'This is the Sea', in particular the line 'that was the river, this is the sea'

I think I'd been paddling in the river all my life and was now faced with the ocean and it's scary !

Please don't think I'm totally mad,

wac

P.S. other half (DOH) has recurring dreams of falling of a tall building, I wonder what that means ? I keep telling him it's an anxiety dream, but perhaps I'd better look it up !!

Could the second dream be related to the first dream, ie.. the first one had fire and the second one had

water (you know, put the fire out). :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Okay, I'm no help, I'll leave now. :rolleyes::D

Brook

Possibly too simple - but my feelings about the second dream are that it represents uncertainty and a sense of being overwhelmed...

water and 'drowning' (overwhelmed by events - unable to make sense of the weight of things pressing down on you)

uncertainty - a journey (train/railway or path to be travelled) that leads you to the above...

put the two together and you've got worries about what the future might hold and your ability to cope with the events that might lie ahead.

Deja Vu element - it's standard psychology that strong emotions (anger fear etc) arise not only as a response to current events but also as an 'echo' of previous life events, which is why it can be really easy for someone to lose their temper over something that to others appears quite trivial. They're not actually responding to the actual event, but to the repressed/internalised emotions that event represents...

So, the Deja Vu element occurs because the 'new' dreams/situations have a resonance for the individual that may be wildly 'different' to the trigger event, but tap into the same emotional responses...

as i say, probably a huge oversimplification, and probably miles off the mark, but if it's helpful I'm glad...

The first dream is a bit more complex, but i'd guess at it's core is a 'self esteem' issue or possibly an underlying fear regarding the 'power' of certain emotions?

Scenario one: you touch something you 'shouldn't', are warned (scolded?) to leave it alone and then watch as it all blows apart as a consequence...

Scenario two: Maybe the burning/destruction represents your own anger or rage? The warning not to touch (a control you resent in some way or consider unjust) as a trigger for that rage??

Sorry - probably twaddle...

L&P

BD :D

id go with the past life thing too.

I have a dream where im dressed in old fashioned clothes in a realy large house.I go up some steps and im meant to be cleaning but cant resist opeing a large wardrobe thingy.Inside theres gorgous gowns and i start to hold them up against me.Im wearing a grey long smock like dress.Suddenly the lady of the house enters and shouts at me and i run back down the stone steps.

its so so real and not like a dream but like a memeory.

Ive had another one also where im in the lebanon everyone speaks a different language and were in a large building.Suddenly im terrified and we are told to get out.As i pass a mirror on the wall i glance at it and i see a reflection of a woman with blonde haire and wearing glasses.I dont look like this now.The fear is overwhelming and then i hear a loud bang and it ends.

I beleive in reincarnation and think these are buried memories of other times.

Edited by Paula

>:D<<'>

thankyou so much for all your replies, i have read them all and i know you all have valid points, and also some experiences of your own (thankyou for sharing them), I have taken on board what has been said, and i really wouldnt mind seeing about past life regression, and even if i am barking up the wrong tree (so to speak) at least it will be an experience, at least it will be an excuse for a sit down :lol:

thanks again for your help as always and please feel free to add your own strange dreams, (it does fascinate me, hubby never has any). Hmmmm I feel my very first poll comming on :whistle:

take care

shaz

x