lil_me

You'll probably find this very funny

:lol::lol::lol:

When he was about 7ish my oldest once asked me if I had had enough to eat when I was little, and if we used candles!! :o

I am a bit older than 30, but not that much older!! :lol:

Bid :D

Not age related but something amusing too. My friend had twins a while back and we went in to the hospital to see them. William was inspecting the name tags on the babies wrists and he wanted to know how they got them off. This should have been an easy explanation but it became complicated and after a really confusing dialogue it transpired that he thought that babies were born with their name tags all ready attached. When he found out that it wasn't the case and that the parents chose the name he was disgusted and wanted to know why I'd picked a stupid name like William when he would have much preferred to be called James :o It would have been funny but he was genuinely utterly disgusted and clearly not amused! I still don't think he has forgiven me to this day :huh:

Lauren

:lol: That was you told then Lauren

I don't know which was worse, being asked if there were cars, or on a visit to Beamish museum he asked if schools were like that when I was little :tearful:

My son asked tonight 'Did they have cars in the olden days when you were little?'

:crying: I'm not even 30 for a couple of years

Yes, lil_me,

I thought that was a cracker. :lol::lol::lol:

I was trying to explain about cavemen to my son, he asked if they had cavemen when I was little. :o

It was on the tip of my tongue to say 'no, but they may have done when dad was little' :devil:

But I didn't want to confuse him even more. :D

Brook

J has this game of "Guess who's my favourite person in the whole wide world?" and I have to go through a string of possibles before giving up and he tells me it's me, and I have to pretend to be surprised and pleased. So a couple of days ago I said "No, not little old me?!" and he replied "Yes, little old 45-year-old you". Not rubbing it in at all then.

Karen

x

I work in a school and Im constantly made to feel ancient.

During our Tudor project I was asked by three different children if Id worn similar costumes when I was a child.

A couple of months ago I was waxing lyrical about how when I was a little girl we didnt have mobile phones, computers or colour televisions etc etc. The children were shocked at these hardships, one even asked if we had water!!

I could go on but people of my great age tire easily.....

Lorainexx

My son asked tonight 'Did they have cars in the olden days when you were little?'

My daughter says exactly the same thing. When I've said something about programmes that used to be on TV when I was little - she says what they had TV's in those days!!

One of my cadets (aged 15) was talking the other day about getting a moped or bike when he is 16, I said that I had had a moped when I was 16, "Wow did you he replied" seemingly amazed, he followed it up with "was it one of those olden days ones, without wheels" He seems to think before wheels were invented people had bikes without wheels. I'm not sure which is worst him thinking I could have been around before the wheel, or that he actually believes they had bikes ithout wheels.

My Mum was born in the 30's, I once asked her if everyone walked as quickly in her day. I was referencing those old black and white films where everyone looked as if they were walking really fast :lol:

Karen what a hoot, my wee boy does exactly the same game!! He will play it for AGES and wants me to go through as many people I can possibly think of and then still act as surprised as I did the 1st time!

Last night got a pizza delivered for dinner (karate night, too late to cook, oh all right am a lazy moo) When it arrived W took it and said "we'll enjoy our pizza, thankyou very much" then he said to the guy "now you enjoy your money" to which hubs and I ended ourselves, it was just soo comical.