Suze

OUCH!

Went to the dentist on monday to have a wisdom tooth out :crying: .............I,ve never had any dental treatment before apart from the old polish cos my teeth are perfect :D .Anyway this one had to come out because it was "compromising" the other ones.Oh I was so scared(I now have so much sympathy for my son who hates the dentist).....she injected me 4 times.........then put this big metal thing in my mouth and began waggle-ing it about :o ................then I heard this crunching sound and she pulled it out........thought I was going to faint :huh: ..........she shoved a load of tissue in my mouth and that was it :o , and I had to pay?16.00 for the privilege.Well monday was spent flat out on the sofa...........could,nt eat a thing (good for the diet :D )..........could,nt even make it on here.Yesterday was sore managed to eat.........today I,m back to full throttle..........but I tell you .......you should see the size of this thing..........can,t believe it came out of my gob :shame: ...........sorry mouth...........it,s a monster. :devil:

You're a brave girl i tell you. I envy you coz i posted a while ago that i had to go to the dentist but I still have not been not even picked the phone up to arrange an app. Shameful I know. Someone told me that it might just be a filling now but if i leave it,it could turn nasty so I beta get some you know what and phone the dentist.... Did it hurt much when they pulled your tooth out??? I go cold just from the thought of it...

Justamom

Oh Suze - >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I had my bottom wisdom teeth taken out and i vowed the top ones are staying in! Though one of them is starting to come through. Dentist (which lovely eyes) keeps looking at them when i go for my checkups! In a couple of weeks going for root treatment as my tooth which previously had all the root taken out is still sore and he thinks he has missed a root - oh the joys but then i will just have to gaze into his eyes! :bat:

Forbsay

When i was 20 i had all four impacted wisdom teeth rmoved under local anesthetic.My face was up like a balloon and all me gums were stiched.

What did my husband bring to me whilst lied in me bed of paine :( A bloomeing mars bar and some toffees. :crying:

Men.

Hope you feel well soon. >:D<<'>

I was eating curry and chips 4 days later so it does get better.

:P I,m sorry I did,nt mean to scare anyone, the slight discomfort of having it out is a much better option than the pain of an infected tooth.I did,nt feel a thing sometimes it,s the thought more than anything :blink: ...........justamom get that tooth sorted.It was definitely easier than child birth and much quicker :lol:

Hi Suze,

Really feel for you ... I had an impacted wisdom tooth taken out a few years ago and they had to break my jaw the remove it!

I had physio for ages afterwards.

Had a molar removed by needle last year but didn't realise that some of the meds I'm on for my Lupus thinned my blood .... I looked like a horror film cos the bleeding wouldn't stop.

Take it easy >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Suze,

At least after childbirth you get something good at the end of it all... I don't mind going to the dentist - it's handing over the money afterwards that hurts! :lol: I'm glad you're over it all now.

Justamom make that appointment Ok!? :) Better still, ask a friend to phone and do it for you, then you won't have to screw up the courage. I had a filling drop out once and did nothing about it for months and months till it was really painful and I couldn't stand it any more. I then had to have a lot more work done to try and save the tooth.

You probably wont need to have much done, and if it's going to be complicated you usually have to make another appointment anyway. So don't worry too much about the first visit.

K

Suze :o:sick:>:D<<'>

Oh I dooooo so hate the dentist. I'm going tomorrow for a check up, was supposed to go last week but it clashed with William's OT appointment.

After reading your post Suze I don't want to go.... last time I had a filling I had to be sedated first.

When I was in my 20's (a couple of years ago :wub: ) I had all my wisdom teeth out under general anaesthetic in hopsital. Like you Daisy I have thin blood (not because of meds though) and in the words of the surgeon who I happened to work with 'Bled like a pig'... my chin disappeared and became one with my neck, I was so swollen and my mouth was like a little post box. I've had 3 children by C'section since then and I still maintain that having my wisdom teeth out was by far the worst experience.

Suze, hope you're feeling much better, and if not remember alcohol is officially good for a sore mouth :thumbs:

Lauren

you have my full sympathy I am unfortunately going through treatment for peridontal disease which means the jaw bone is slowly reducing and I had my second lot of treament on Monday for which i had four injections on my upper left side of my jaw and then was given teh bill of ?207!

But it is better to get it done sooner rather than later!

Just hurts both physically and teh pay packet!