justamom

I hate the school run

:crying: Do any of you just wish things would go smoothly in the mornings??

K woke up in a bad mood this morning and I made things worse by telling him he needed to bath because he had written all over his body with pen. He then proceeded to lock himself in the bathroom so we all had to wait until he calmed down to use the loo...

We have a lift club with my neighbour and he left at 8.00 to catch his lift he came home 5min later in a panic "Mom do you know where my uniform card is??" they have a card that if there uniform is untidy they get ticks and if you get 5 you get an after school denention. We have search high and low and its grown legs and left the building because we can't find it anywhere. This is his 5th replacement card so his teacher will not give him a new one at least i think he won't K says he wont but that's just because he was in a mood and everything i say is wrong today.

He has now gone to school in an even worse mood because he is afraid that he will get into trouble. He checked and rechecked that he was neat and tidy so he would not get pulled up. Stress or what???

I feel sorry for his class mates today they are gonna cop the bad mood he's in...

Hope he's in a better mood at 3.30.... Roll on the week-end.

justamom

Hi jam

oops that's a funny abbreviation of your name :lol: Sorry if it offends, will write in full next time, just being lazy!

Anyway, would just like to say that ds is the same, except his is with a toy. They are allowed to bring in something small for playtime, as usual he takes all year to chose one, boy he hates choices! God help us if we run out of time and he isn't able to chose one.

I also had problems with going to bed....we would put both kids to bed and spend the next 2 hrs up and down seperating them coz they would take it in turns and go in each others bedrooms to play :angry: We tried numerous things to stop it and nothing worked. In the end we came up with he goes to bed later than his sister (only 1/2 hr) but boy it makes all the difference in the world and we now have our evenings back.

In fact typing this i realise a solution to our morning meltdowns, to chose a toy the night b4....it might work :pray:

Maybe that is something k could do, get things ready for school the night b4, would that work? C is just the same, have a morning meltdown and the school suffers until lunchtime. In fact i was called once because of this and asked what caused it, i told them he had something taken away for unacceptable behaviour (he threw a shoe at his sisters head) only to be told i shouldnt have done it as it causes them problems at school!!! boy was i :angry::angry::angry: I soon hit back by saying he was not gonna get away with that sort of behaviour. Funnily enough they don't approach me anymore if they have problems in the morning

Anyway, hope things improve with k, wishing you a btter week ahead

tmf

x

In fact i was called once because of this and asked what caused it, i told them he had something taken away for unacceptable behaviour (he threw a shoe at his sisters head) only to be told i shouldnt have done it as it causes them problems at school!!! boy was i :angry::angry::angry:

I got that same thing from our Head a couple of years ago - I was annoyed with him and left without "waving at the window" which was a regular morning ritual for him when going into school (thankfully grown out of that now!). She rushed out of the school at the end of the day and said: "DON'T YOU EVER leave him without saying goodbye again he was hell to live with all day!"

He had no dx at that point.

Yup... morning's are a pain here too, especially the first one and a half hours after he deigns to rise from his bed.

I don't like getting out of bed anyway :P but one of the things I really hate about the school run is that our sleepy, otherwise traffic free, village turns in to a dangerous free for all, every man for himself, as all the parents race to the school up narrow roads in their overly large 4x4's. Trully terrifiying!

Lauren

My As son has to be up and ready for the special school bus by 7.30 am !!!!!!!!!! Anything can set him of on a rant its like walking on eggshells.If anything goes wrong he wont leave the house.

Hes 12 and has kind of come up with a type of solution to speed things up and smooth things along he now sleeps fully clothed :blink: He decided all this himself.I tried at first to make him sleep undressed but he just redressed himself.

Its saveing time and hassle.For once theres method in his madness and hes come up trumps.He doesnt do this on a weekend so its obviously something just for school days.

My As son has to be up and ready for the special school bus by 7.30 am !!!!!!!!!! Anything can set him of on a rant its like walking on eggshells.If anything goes wrong he wont leave the house.

It really annoys me that I have to do this every morning - otherwise I know she won't go. I find I have to say sorry for things that I think don't need a sorry for, that she can speak to me so awfully and I have to keep my mouth zipped shut for fear of anything which would stop her from going.

i long for steves taxi to come in the morning,he is so miserable,its not through tiredness,just plain miserable,as he left house today he screamed at me to f******,good job that taxi was there cos i was seething!!

Nice to know that you're not the only one. I posted the other day because everyone was crying. I feel absolutely drained. I have been into school for each of my 3 kids with problems, and my nt, 6 burst into tears and said it was all HER fault! Nothing like kids to make you feel guilty.

l says she can't wait until she's grown up, because grown ups get to do whatever they want. :tearful::wacko:

I am glad that i am not the only one that has these difficulties. tmf - no offense taking i laughed at the abbreviation - i think getting things ready the night before might help...

My neighbours must think i'm a mad women because the shouting starts from early on in the morning - i never hear them though maybe i cant hear them over me on shouting!!! We must be the neighbours from hell no wonder they don't greet us much... I have made an effort tonight to talk very calmly and not to shout so lets hope that changes our morning routine.

K's mood has not changed tonight, he has been in his room for most of the evening so at least he has not kicked things off with his sister..(he picks on her when he's in a mood).

justamom

Jb1964

I too have to take verbal abuse and stuff of my son and im the one doing the apologiseing !!!!!!!!!!!! Half the time for stuff ive not done.But if i dont just do as he says then hell kick of and ill be stuck with him all day.

It basically like liveing under a dictator at times.

I feel at times that im just so bloomeing weak and such a pushover because i admit i let him get away with alsorts and just let it wash over me.I should stand my ground but when all you want is to get them on that school bus and out of youre haire you do what you have to do to achieve this.

Justamum.

Weve had crowds gathered outside our house when its kicked of.Bet they wonder whats going on.Summer time is the worst because the windows are open and everyone can hear the hell hole that is the inside of our home.What can you do theough hey.No one comes to our house and i aint invited to theres thats after 14 years of the same neighboures.

My son got of ok today :D:D Thankgod.I hope everyone elses did also.

Paula, you made me laugh about the window open during the summer!! It so true though they can hear even more with the windows open. So What hey thats my few,

k got off well this morning too.

justamom

We were having a really dificult morning, Throwing screaming, refusing to dress but i somehow turned her anxiety to my advantage and I now (3 hrs later) quite proud of myself. B is laso really anxious about looking neat and being on time so very quietly I kept slipping in "we will be late if" and finally at 8:20 she got dressed AND made her packed lunch. We felw into the car (me in a half dressed unwashed state, her younger sister asking if she had been good and B saying over and over "Am I late...." I was able to tell her that the bell had gone but registration hadn't started and despite feeling awful that she was pale and shaking sent her aff into school on her own. I know that 3 o clock will bring the result of such a plan this morning but she goes to my Mum's tonight!! :dance:

Sounds awful and maybe making things worse ? but I know B had to go to school and that anything could have set her off and will again so I just tried to use it to my advantage.

Now I really must go for that shower I didn't manage to get earlier!!

My son hasnt been to school today.

I found him in his bed looking worse for wear or so i thought.Reckoned he was ill with a soare throat.So i said oh stay in bed and sleep.

Then a miricle took place what i call the 9 o clock miricle.He was up dressed and bloomeing fine. :wallbash:

Im a soft touch and he knows this.But if id have forced the issue hed have kicked of and been a paine on the school bus and at school.

Hes lived the life of riley all bloomeing day.

Hes realy proud of himslef and keeps saying "I pulled a fast one ,have i mum ,have i" " Yes you have " I say through gritted teeth.

Edited by Paula

My daughter didn't go in today either - although when I popped home lunchtime even though she still didn't look well she was playing on her DS!!!

I musn't complain though - she went all last week and 4 days (mornings only) this week - and this week they've had exams - so I'm really proud of her. Even though we had quite a few 'worries' she 'coped'. The school were absolutely fantastic for a change - they sat down with us and went through every exam what room it was in (she has no idea about room numbers - i.e. M2 or G10 - she remembers the rooms only by what lesson she takes there and who the teacher is) what she could do once she'd finished - they even allowed her to do the afternoon exam paper at home and not to sit the music paper (this is in the afternoons and she's not been to a single lesson all year - but last year they still said she had to sit it - so that's some progress).

The only thing is they've given me all the exam papers today so that she doesn't miss the morning ones - and she's worrying like mad that by doing them at the weekend she's 'cheating'!!!

Just thankful it's Friday - two days off with no hell of a morning (some mums I know hate the weekends and school hols because they get under their feet - I know she'll still have massive meltdowns anyway apart from school related - but anything that means one less is great for me!!!).

don't mind them under my feet but Sundays are worse than school days. doesn't matter what routine we try to put in place to relieve her anxiety she always has a major meltdown.

Just thankful it's Friday - two days off with no hell of a morning (some mums I know hate the weekends and school hols because they get under their feet - I know she'll still have massive meltdowns anyway apart from school related - but anything that means one less is great for me!!!).

I also love the week-ends, not that we get to sleep in at all because K is up early... Its 2 days off from the school run. i am going to set up a new routine because today we had another "near meltdown" over some book he could not find... Come sunday night his books will be packed and ready for school.

justamom

don't mind them under my feet but Sundays are worse than school days. doesn't matter what routine we try to put in place to relieve her anxiety she always has a major meltdown.

Yep, I admit Sunday from about 5pm onwards is 'walking on eggshell' time again. I moved the 'hairwashing' nightmare to a saturday instead of a sunday thinking that might help - but it didn't.