Sign in to follow this  
loulou

oops!

Hi everyone,

Went to the corner shop this evening with Kai, and on the way back he paid his usual visit to the phone box. He goes in it and pretends to call his "wife", Velma from Scooby Doo (don't ask).

Anyway, he came skipping out and said to me, "I just talked to someone then Mummy."

I asked him who it was, and he said "I don't know, but i think it was the police cos i dialled 999!"

OMG!

I shouted at him and he started to cry. He said, "But i didn't put any money in, so i didn't think it would work." :crying:

Poor little man, I have always explained to him how he must NEVER call 999, but i didn't tell him it was free from a pay phone. He cried all the way home. I called the police station and told them, in case they thought someone was in trouble. When i told them he was 7, they were shocked so i told them he had ASD and they said, "Oh ok then!".

Kids eh? I'm sure he'll never do it again, he thought he was going to get arrested!

Loulou x

LOL.

T called 999 when he was a lil older than a year. Didn't even know he had the fone as I had made a quick bathroom visit and when I came back he was on the fone. I took the reciever from him and had a bollocking from the 999 operator for allowing him to use the fone. Umm, hello!!!! :angry:

k did that last year, he had dialled them and then put the phone down but not quite on the hook so they sent a policeman around to see if everything was ok. l have never been so embarressed in my life luckily the police man was ok about it.

My 2yr old did that twice :o I heard someone taliking to her on the phone so i took the phone off her and quickly hung up :whistle: When i looked at last number called it was 999 - whoops!

My son used to dial 999 from our house phone.

When i grabbed the phone of him i could hear the police or whatever saying yes weve put a trace on the number then saying my adress !!!!!!!!! I was shouting at them hello hello.It was obvious they thought a child had called and the mother was ill or soemthing so they were sending someone round.Luckily i explained my son had done it and that i was sorry.

It did kinda reasure me though that if id ever to say dial 999 and my son couldnt say what was wrong then the cops would be on there way.

Lou lou

:D The velma thing and youre son made me laugh.

Theres a book called liveing and laughing with autism full of silly true life stories and quirks that are realy funny.Youre velma thing reminded me of one.

A couple with there as son were in a shop.He wandered of and they couldnt see him so they asked the customer services to put out a call for a "Wally Wilberforce" to go to customer services. :blink::blink: There son only responded to this strange name it wasnt his real name.The shame of that day still haunts them.

Our son once only answere to the name sparky now we call him rotton royd againe its a dont ask thing.

My FIL lives on his own and has one of those big red 'Panic' buttons on his phone that summons an Ambulance if he has a fall or feels unwell. If we forget to hide it one of pur kids will always press it and we have an embarased converstion with the operator nearly every time we go!

Simon

:D My twins called 999 from my dad's phone when they were little - he didn't half get a telling off.

Perhaps we should teach them to dial 101 instead - with the call not being an emergency :lol:

Why is it that buttons no one should touch are bright red. :blink:

Talk about red rag to a bull.

My son used to keep ringing the bell on the bus coz that was bright red.Id to keep shouting sorry we dont want to get off over and over againe as i struggled to keep his hands of the bloomeing button.

My son is an avid reader... with the consequence that he follows any written instruction that says:

please ring, press for attention, whether or not attention is required...

He also decided that a sore finger required an ambulance one afternoon last year and i only realised when i heard him chatting in his room, (not used to him doing roleplay etc) went to check and realised he was speak to the ambulance service. also got a rolicking from the 999 services, who didn't think him being autistic was too good an excuse. he's not done it since, but him and red buttons in buses is just asking for trouble.

or little packets of sugar and ketchup in service stations. Does anyone else have to frisk their kid's pockets????

omg, my dd did that when she was 2 and a half, i didnt know and she replaed the receiver. Then i got a call from the cops saying is everyone alright we got a call but noone said anything just heard breathing. I said oh it must have been ellie, she was always phoning someone, and the officer said im coming round to chat to her.

I said shes only 2 and a half, but she came anyway poor ellie sat there on the sofa while this officer read her the riot act!

Her face was a picture mind you, she never phoned anyone again! :lol:

i did that a few times when i was youngr

i used to have an obsehon with 3 digit groupings and would constantly be picking up the phone and dialing 3 digit sets of the same number needless to say when i got to 999 i got a big scare and i stopped using the phone for about 13 years (this was when i was 4)