Viper

A poem

I wrote this a while ago, just thought I would share.

My Son.

My precious son to me is as flower are to the birds and bees.

As sunlight shines on his golden hair his smile is like a breath of air.

The rage he shows is second to none but I just love him, he's my son.

Life with him is filled with pleasure but moods can change, as with the weather.

When he was born, my life complete.

His dainty finger, his tiny feet.

A healthy boy of body and mind, just a bit different we were to find.

Don't judge my son as good or bad, he is just an innocent lad.

He doesn't mean to scream and shout, he just hates it when we are out.

Don't point and whisper or stand and stare, he's not stupid, he knows you're there

No comments please, no tuts or sighs, we have to live this, this is our lives.

I love my son, he's like no other.

I gave birth to a perfect boy, he's still perfect and brings great joy.

Sounds a bit corny now but I have had a Brandy (or two) so I don't care.

Edited by Viper

Viper,

That's not corny!! it's actually really good. :wub::wub::thumbs:

Enjoy your Brandy, and have one for me seeing as I dont drink. (OMG, I'm exciting) :lol::cheers:

Brook

Thanks Brook and TM. I don't think it is a real poem, you know follows all the rules of one particular type, but it was as good as I could do. :oops:

viper what a beautiful poem im gonna keep it it brouht tears to my eyes its really wonderful happy mothers day to everyone hope your all having a good one keep smilin luv karin :D:D:D:D:D:D

thats lovely viper it says it all really. thanks for that it bought tears to my eyes :crying: (also drinking at mo so cheers) :wub::wub:

Hi guys, glad you enjoyed it. It's how I felt at the time and find I still feel the same about him now. :wub:

Hi Viper >:D<<'>

your poem I just love it it is so beautiful :tearful::thumbs: thanks for sharing with us...with or without Brandy. ;)

Take care.

Malika.

That's really sweet :clap::clap::clap:

Poems don't have to follow rules really ...... they're just about feelings and emotions ....... all of which you've expressed admirably ......... hope you have it stuck on the loo wall so you can escape there during a meltdown! :rolleyes:

Actually Daisy we don't do feelings in our house. My family haven't seen it, they would just say it was soppy and I would feel silly cos I have shown emotion. I don't think my husband had a very loving upbringing and I know I didn't and to show emotion was not something we were encouraged to do. I have written a lot of poems in my time but never shared any before now. :crying:

My children would probably be ok as I have given them lots of love and they show me emotion all the time, they even hug each other sometimes, which I find very touching and quite amazing as I have never hugged my siblings. :( My sister and I have just started saying "I love you" at the end of a telephone conversation and both find it excruciating, but we are getting used to it gradually. >:D<<'>

IKWYM - there seems to be an increase in "hugging" in our family - grown ups hugging grown ups when they say hello and goodbye. I even have to kiss my mum and I haven't done that since I was 5! It's all very strange and I'm not really comfortable with it - but what the heck, everyone's doing the continental thing these days :blink: