Klou

Arguing and Answering back

Hi

I'm feeling low again; there is a lot happening around here (house rennovations) not all of it is going right and to top it off ds has reached new levels of infuriating behaviour. The constant arguing and answering back is wearing me down. He's only four and I am supposed to be enjoying spending time with him by working part time until he goes to school but I just crave bedtime and the days he's at nursery because I get so frustrated. Its the same old things really and probably just the fact I'm stressed that I have very little tolerance for his ways!

I just need to be honest about how I feel and no one at home seems to be listening.

Hope your easter hols are bearable.

Klou

Been there and got the t-shirt to prove it. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hang in there hun. Things WILL get better. T didn't start school fulltime until he was in Yr2 (September just gone) and it drove me mad!! I can sooo sympathise with you. I am only just learning to enjoy him now which is something I have NEVER been able to do.

I've just had building work done too and with a child, a VERY dusty house layered with brick dust, dirt etc etc, it was no fun! Glad it's over now, well, until I get the pastering done at least! LOL

Thinking of you and please know, you are not alone. :)

Hello

Glad it's not just us Char is 4.5 and he is getting on my nerves doing this he constantly argues and answers back or if you try telling him something he go on one just repeating himslelf with "ugh ugh ugh no no no no not listening not listening!!"

Any help PLEASE

Lisa x

Lisann

It is usually me who tells him 'I'm not listening anymore' at the point which I can't ignore him any longer. I try really hard to be calm and patient and not rise to his antics but sometimes......and alot of times at the moment......

Thank you for your support. I don't whether this is an ASD thing; a general child thing or if our ASD children just do it earlier, for longer and with more persistence than the average NT child.

Klou, my experience (although not particularly vast) is that every parent, whether they have ASD kids or not, experience what you describe at some point.

My bf's brother is autistic, he is 18 years of age and at the moment he is going through a stage where it is impossible to shut him up! He talks constantly none stop. Whilst it is ok when your not trying to concentrate on something, or are feeling upbeat, when you are a little under the weather it gets extremely trying.

Just stay positive, remember you are not a machine, you are a human being, and things get on top of everyone at some point. It does not make you a bad person, and certainly not a bad parent to crave some peace and quiet!

:D know how u feel, altho i dont get that with my AS son just 'normal' daughter, u cant win can u?

I totally sympathise.

Cols been answering back a lott to recently -

the other one is shouting at me for an hour at a time if hes had a bad day a school - like thats my fault -

I try to be patient - but I did snap last week - (deeply regret it) - I shouted back, realy quite laoduly - and when he stood shocked with his hands over his ears in tears - and told me that he realy didnt like me screaming at him. I shouted back that it was exactly how I felt - when he shouted at me for an hour straight. that subdued him - thought it might work too - but - new day - new start - yesterdays forgotten!! you know!

but there are always days that make it all worth it!! - few and far between - but they come.

My son has become rather "mouthy" too recently got alot of attitude, i thought it was just his age but the thing is if i dont put a stop to it now it might get out of control... He has got to show respect to us!!

Justamom

my daughter has been talking back shouting trowing things and hitting out she is good in school the techer said that she is talking a lot more in school so i think this is why she is like it in the house i told the techer that she mite have aspergers and since then she keeps saying she is talking more jioning more so i think she dose not belive me with find out dx on the 12 so i think she is pushing her to do more and that why she is like that at home what do you think could it be that any in put please all the best jill