Sign in to follow this  
raelien

Legoland

I was dreading it -

I didnt know what to expect and I was going with a freind child in the same unit as col. they go very often and have the day planned to an artform - "bring change of clother for the wet rides she said - we do them last so we can get changed for the journey home and a big picnic - food expensive, " she also suggested I used the Tesco voucher for his ticket and went in as his carer wich meant the whole day cost ?5.50.

We get there - alomost first in and was almost last out. 9 hours on the most beautiful day of the year so far ( i got sunburnt).

I have to say - WOW. the staff were amazing - Col and his mate got exit stamps on there hand wich meant we went on everything without Qing - meaning we got to do everything - somethings twice...

And Col - was amazing.

A few minor spats - but to be expected - but nothing major - no shouting just simmering agression at times.

He did the legoland cars ( electric free roaming cars) - and after doing the video lesson he walked out on his own and got into a car - carfully drove up to a stop sign and stopped.........................................................................

................................................................................

..................................................until we had to shout that he could drive on - if it was clear!!! bless him - he concentrated so hard and drove perfectly - and when he came out they gave him a little legoland driver licence - so he then announced that he could drive daddies car - and asked at bedtime if he was alowed to take it out today!! - its taken some explaining - but he understands it only to drive LEGO cars now - god help us if he ever builds one!! lol.

I would reccomend the day out to anyone - realy good day out - and realy easy - the kids were happy - wich made the parent happy - which kinda made the staff happy too - I didnt hear any screaming children all day - other than on the roller coaster - and I hear more than that in our local tesco's.

We went to Lego land about 4years ago could even be longer and the kids loved it, hubby keeps saying that we should go back at that price with the vouchers and careers bit i think it would be a lovely inexpensive day out...

Got to do something kids are very bored... I have to work this afternoon and then i said i would take them swimming.

Justamom

Great! We live close by so have annual passes. The carer and exit system works really well .... but they like you to contact them in advance for a carers pass and you need to take some form of evidence that your child has had a DX (just for those who are thinking of going).

We'll be there on Saturday!

I contacted them first and asked what Id need to take -

I was told -

A blue badge -

DLA evidence

Letter from hospital confirming diagnosis.

I had at least one of the three, so I took the letter.

We did it last year with a letter which I luckily had in the car! It was great. Loved being able to go around without waiting. Whats this about tescos?

Tescos clubcard vouchers - the ones you are sent quarterly if you shop regularly - You can either redeem them for there face value in store -

or check online - and there worth four times more than there face value -

I went on the clubcard deals website and looked up legoland ( theres loads of places) and a kids ticket - normally - ?22.00 was reduced to ?5.75 - which I paid for using vouchers - just typed in the online code in the middle of the voucher - and within three days a ticket - (valid for all year) was on my doorstep!!

great scheme for holidays -

If you know people who just use there vouchers as cash - buy them off them - there worth loads for a day out -

? 5.75 for a day out was exceptioanly cheap - and because I didnt buy food there - I spent ?15 in total - thats getting in -

- Batteries and two disposable cameras. cheaper than our local cinema.

Ive always seen the clubcard deals advertised but I had never paid much attention - but if you planning awaydays - check it out...

Hi just a quickie

How does it work the no queeuing if you take a non dx child with you as part of the group.???

Example Dx child non Dx child mum (carer) and dad??

Lisa

When we went they stamped J in red and the rest of us (six - two children and 4 adults) and then up to three others in the party coukd go in with him at the same time - no queuing.

yes thats how it worked with others who were there using the exit pass system - makes the day so much less hassle - for everyone

I emailed the customer services person to see if they did a reduction for annual passes and this is their reply (useful if you are thinking of going):

Thank you for your enquiry, if you wish to purchase and annual pass for

your children you will be required to pay full price, however as your

son is autistic you will be able to visit the park each time using a

carer ticket, which is free of charge.

We also offer an exit pass scheme for guests that find it difficult to

understand the concept of queuing, as your son is autistic he will be

able to us this procedure. Your son will receive a red stamp and the

rest of your group a black stamp, this will enable your son and up to

three people with a black stamp to use the exit of the rides instead of

queuing for a long period of time.

To make the beginning of your day easier, head straight towards guest

services (grey building on your right - past the ticket booths) and they

will be more than happy to deal with your annual passes, carer ticket

and exit passes. You will be required do bring proof of documentation

stating your sons condition; this is to ensure only the correct guests

use the exit pass scheme. If you do decide to purchase annual passes we

can put a note on them detailing your sons condition ensuring you wont

need to bring documentation each time to gain the carer ticket and exit

pass.

We are going on Sunday too, carerquie.

We bought annual passes last year as the theory was the more often we went the more m would get used to it :huh: Didn't really work that way though. M wants to see the laser show on Sunday but I know now it's a mistake. A trip to Legoland for us never goes smoothly and what with the predicted crowds at a laser show I think it will all go horribly wrong!!! :blink:

Still I am out to be proved otherwise.

mum22boys

p.s Hope your day goes ok carerQuie. If you hear lots of screaming coming from a 6 year old boy, it'll be M!

I took the kids today, and we all had a great time which was only cut short by a hail storm.

I bought the kids an annual pass each, and I went free as a carer. They also put a note electronically on my son's pass to say that a carer will go free each time he visits so I don't have to take the paperwork each time, which is handy as it means that my husband could go instead of me. (I will post again if that ever happens!)

We got the hand stamps for the exit passes, but decided that as there weren't too many people about that we would queue with the natives - and it was fine. Nothing longer than 10 mins, and it gave us a bit of a breather.

Do take a picnic and bottled water etc if you go, as the food is very expensive to buy.

What age children are the rides aimed at would you say? I want to take my niece and nephew for a day out somewhere but their ages are very far apart - one is 6 the other is mid-late teens! Do you think there would be anything to occupy the older one?

Thanks

Niki :)

I went on Saturday - and one of the boat rides broke down with us on it!!! Nightmare!!!! DS coped fine, bless him!

However .. it was fab, the exit system is top banana!!!

Just for those who wondered, I don't think there is that much for the older kids there ... kids between 3 and 8 get the most out of it, older children and the under 2's are not catered for all that much but there are a couple of bigger roller coasters now. I mean traditional coasters, there are no rides that take you upside down or endanger your life etc!!!

Legoland is for little kids.

Chessington World of Adventures for middle kids.

Thorpe Park for bigger kids.

I live close by, count me in!! I will hold all your handbags, pushchairs etc ... cos I'm too chicken to go on anything!!!