Sign in to follow this  
hev

we went swimming

me and steve went swimming today,first time i been in couple of years,we really enjoyed it,i cant swim,gonna go regular defo cos it was lovely just me and steve,i felt really shy walking in there cos im a big girl then i thought why would people be interested in me and now ive done the first steps i feel confident to go again,watch out for me in the next olympics :whistle:

i wish there was a swimming smiley :lol:

Great stuff hev. Swimming is such a good form of exercise. I wish I could take William but the last time I took my 3 swimming we lost William and then when I found him he was floating 'playing dead' just below the surface of the water. I waded to him as fast as I could thinking he had drowned :o I hauled him out and he got a fright and had a huge tantrum in the middle of the pool. I was shaking so much afterwards I couldn't get the key in the locker. We've never been back since!! I might try again now that they are all older.

Lauren

Guest hallyscomet

Way to go Hev, :thumbs: thats just what I need to do, just do it. :lol::lol:

Once you overcome this fear of what others think you wonder what all the fuss is about, my son and I want to make swimming a regular part of our exercise to get back in shape, there is not stress on the body.

Next you'll be doing Aqua Aerobics Hev :dance::dance:

Thats great, you have to push the rest of us to get off these computers and start swimming. :lol::lol::lol:

H.

great Hev. Im also really concious about my body shape :blink: and it has really put me off swimming in the past. I sometimes go to a pool quite a distance from where I live so I don't bump in to anyone I know :ph34r:

:D

Well done Hev.

I havent been to the swimming baths for years me.I hate stripping off and think every ###### looking at me and me wobbley bits.

Theres always some young thin thing in a great looking bikini and im all pale and rotton in a naff costume.

Plus i get sick of holding me stomach in as i walk to the pool :( now when the kids were little yer could carry them in front of yer to hide yer gut.

Hi Hev that's great news :thumbs: something you both can enjoy.

Know what you mean tho paula kids don't do owt for your figure strech marks flabby hangy over bits :sick: not a nice sight for us mums in the mirror is it.I wish I had the confidence to go in the pool when I do I have to have the swim dress thing on otherwise forget it!!

lisa x

Well done hev!! :clap: It is the 1st hurdles that are always the hardest to get over,we love swimming and im no kate moss believe me (already have a bump a 6 monther would be proud of :oops: ) India is a pure natural in the water,totally fearless,it is a joy to see her have so much fun,i hope you continue to go,you get a real buzz from swimming,always makes me feel like ive done something worthwhile :)

I dont have stretch marks and im not too flabby.But i hate being drip bloomeing white.

I wish i lived in a red hot climate where you developed an all round all over tan.It would be great.

yer see some right sights though at the pool.

Some men leave little to be desired and unlike women they insist on bloomeing letting it all hang out.Great big bellies hung over tiny speedos. :blink:

A couple of years ago we were in cornwall.Weather were warm.

Suddenly me husband starts gesturing me to look around behind me ,I did and came face to ###### with a naked bloomeing bloke. :fight: And he were bent over. LOL.

Hell fire.Turned out they were from germany and the whole blooming lot of them just stripped of naked on the beech.

Never seen the life guards run as fast.I were laughing me head of every ###### were smiling.One woman said hey talk about advertiseing.they werent young fit things either oh no couple of right silly od beggers.Sights yer see.

paula,you lucky thing not having stretch marks and flab,my tummy is like a road map :lol: am going swimming again monday,cant wait

Ive cellulite though Hev and a bit of a varicouse vein on me calf hence the reason i never wear skirts.

Ive also a breat big scar down me stomach and two on me knees due to operations i had when i was a child.

Ive got loads of freckles and moles and for good measure im bozz eyed :P

I aint bozz eyed realy LOL. But i am the rest.

None of us are perfect in the physique department.Thats the beauty of getting older and fadeing eyesight you cant see yer sen as well.Im ment to wear specs but i cant be doing with being in sharpe focus.

:D

Take care hev.

Edited by Paula

Well Done Hev :D

I joined a leisure centre in January, and go to their gym twice a week and their pool once a week.

I was the same as you, abit nervous, with a belly that's nearer the floor than my midriff :( But eventually you just think, who cares, no one takes a blind bit of notice.

I try and take the kids when I can, although if I'm honest I prefer to go alone. I find it so relaxing and its great to have some time to myself now all 3 kids are at school. Our daughter has a huge issue with wet floors and dryers.......she's terrified of both of them, so makes it abit tricky......seeing as she can't levitate :unsure: If we do take the kids we try and take them individually, much easier :D