DaisyProudfoot

It's hard not to laugh sometimes

We all know that meltdowns are stressful for all concerned but sometimes Martin's meltdowns become so absurd I just end up laughing - which I know is wrong cos he's distressed and everything but sometimes it all seems to silly.

Take yesterday for instance one of my older sons and his twin sister were each on a computer, Martin wanted to go on at 7.45pm which was fine by my daughter who was more than happy to agree. So I said "that's fine but.............."

AND THEN THE SCREAMING STARTED ....... IT GOT LOUDER AND LOUDER AND LOUDER ........ :crying:

and I kept saying "But Martin, I only wanted to say..........."

SCREAM, SCREAM, SCREAM, KICK, KICK, KICK :crying::crying::angry::fight:

"But Martin........." says I

SCREAM. SCREAM, IT'S NOT FAIR, YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME ETC ETC ...... :angry::angry::crying::crying::crying:

"But Martin......"

It went on like this for a good ten minutes until eventually I managed to say: "But Martin I want you off at 9pm."

It took a while for it to sink in for him but then he said, very calmly and without the screaming "OK"

............and it all ended as abruptly as it started. :wacko:

that's one of the BIG problems with AS - you can never get a word in edgeways, either they're off on their current favourite topic or they're not even stopping long enough to take a breath between screams so you can't even tell them things that would really please them :wallbash:

Com does this all the time, especially when he's under stress at school, and when you do finally get the word in he stops just as dramatically :blink:

Zemanski

:D:D:D

My son has taken to screamin IM MR INVISABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I answer him by saying we should be so ###### lucky !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer have to laugh Daisy if yer didnt youd scream also.I alugh at my son and take the mickey at times.

I say things like hey up lets be dareing hey lets wear a clean paire of socks. :D

Or how about liveing dangerously and stepping of this part of the pavement instead of the designated spot :D

All is met with a stoney scowel which makes me snigger even more.

Then i wonder why hes always shooting at me with his toy gun shouting die !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheheheh

:lol: .............paula your bad!! :lol: ............my son came out of school with his deep furrowed brow tonight...............swinging his shoulders and speaking monotone........(usually a pretty good indicator somethings wrong :huh: )..............he would,nt speak all the way home , so half an hour passes and I,m still none the wiser,so I begin to do an impression of Kathryn tate,s dodgy cockney gran........rubbing my thighs and saying............"come up ta see me............come up ta see me ain,t cha"............did,nt take long for him to laugh then get angry with himself for laughing...........then get angry at me for making him laugh.............OUCH!...........won,t try that tatic again :o .........no I,ll let him come out of it on his own.

:D:D:D

My son has taken to screamin IM MR INVISABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I answer him by saying we should be so ###### lucky !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer have to laugh Daisy if yer didnt youd scream also.I alugh at my son and take the mickey at times.

I say things like hey up lets be dareing hey lets wear a clean paire of socks. :D

Or how about liveing dangerously and stepping of this part of the pavement instead of the designated spot :D

All is met with a stoney scowel which makes me snigger even more.

Then i wonder why hes always shooting at me with his toy gun shouting die !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheheheh

that made me laugh out loud! Actually I say similar things and coming to think about it, I get shot a lot too :whistle:

:lol: I have had a glass or three of wine so I probably don't make sense but - (or perhaps I have a strange sense of humour)

Tonite I was talking on the phone to one of our parents who has an annual review tomorrow.

I was trying to give her some help and I said - just remember - you are dealing with ignoramus's. My son heard this and started to screetch at the top of his voice "anuses, anuses, anuses"

I am not going to be able to look at the 'lea' without thinking of assholes - truly out of the mouth of babes! :lol:

:Love

HelenL who may have finally cracked!

Helen

Youre son spoke for the nation :D:D

I often make the mistake of asking my son what hes being doing in woodwork at school.Big mistake he goes on and on in every technical detail and no amount of me shouting shut up im looseing the will to live stops him.

Hes started saying recently that its revenge on me i cant think what for :P

We didnt used to be able to have a laugh and joke with him about his little ways not when he was younger bvecause hed just scream the place down and try to kill me but has hes got older it has been possible to take the mickey ever so slightly in a fun and always loveing way.I thought id just point that out incase some of the parents think that it will never be possible to have a laugh with there AS kids we thought that at one stage also.

This did give me a chuckle. The Boy does this - even tho I park the car on the drive instead of opposite on the road when we get home now, he still has to cross the road to go to the particular spot on the pavement to step off :lol: . It doesn't bother me any - I'm used to it - but hubby was a bit surprised & panicked that The Boy was running off :lol: so had The Boy crossing the road, quickly being run after by hubby, for them both to step off the pavement and cross the road back again :lol: . Luckily we live on a VERY quiet close. It did look a bit like one of those Benny Hill sketches tho, where everyone is running along in a long line.

Edited by Jill

Char goes

La la la la la la la la la la la la I'm not listening, I 'm not listening , I'm not listening

I do chuckle sometimes I know I shouldn't but i just need to say one word sometimes.

Lisa

:D

The thing I do which drives my Mum crazy is I follow her around when I'm talking, getting louder as I go.

I am not going to be able to look at the 'lea' without thinking of assholes - truly out of the mouth of babes! :lol:

:Love

HelenL who may have finally cracked!

You said it Helen :lol::lol:

:D

The thing I do which drives my Mum crazy is I follow her around when I'm talking, getting louder as I go.

Lewis used to do exactly the same. He still does really but when he was little he would practically hang off me screaming and crying all day, it was hard work because i could never get it out of him what was wrong!

We do get a laugh sometimes though, when Lew takes things literally, like when i told him his brother would hit the roof (he had messed up the bedroom) he just stood and stared at the ceiling!! :lol:

His latest one is singing the song "You are my sunshine. " but he sings "You are my Dadshine" to Richard and "You are my Mumshine to me...." :wub: