Sign in to follow this  
justamom

Da Vinci Code

I read the book, which I enjoyed...but when I read a couple of his other books, it's basically the same characterisation and plot in all of 'em!! :o:shame:

Boho :dance:

I wish I'd seen the film before I read the book. I find that film versions are usually disappointing after you've read the book. With the exceptions of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings of course.

Justamom, let us know what the film is like please :D

Lauren

My sister saw it and said it follows the book pretty closely. I haven't read the book or seen the film yet so can't comment!

Lynne x

I'm glad to here that Lynden that it follows the book closely because i could not put the book down... I will let you know what i think.

I know that the film had bad reviews, (a reporter on radio 1 said it was the best film he ever slept thru) but considering the box office takings its not done to bad in the first week - 116million coming close to number 1 - Star Wars - the return of the sith, that took 136million in its first week so that's not bad going for Mr Brown i'd say.....

We went to see it on friday. If you have not read the book, as a film by itself, its good, very entertaining! However, they changed the ending slightly and a few other things, and left a few things out.. in my opinion the book was better *shrug* but it was a good movie.. and wade sat through it with only a little fidgeting and such! :thumbs::clap:

I don't think it was a wig, I think He grew it like that

:blink::o oh dear, that's worse then isn't it? :lol:

A friend has read the book and thinks it is a load of tosh and one of the worst books ever written. It is peppered with factual inaccuracies and contradictions. He can't understand why the book is such a big success.

A friend has read the book and thinks it is a load of tosh and one of the worst books ever written. It is peppered with factual inaccuracies and contradictions. He can't understand why the book is such a big success.

That'll be me then :lol:

(Early christian teachings and heresies are one of my 'things')

nemo...... your new avatar.... :thumbs:

had to edit 'cos I put an apostrophe in 'your' and rumour has it that this drives nemo mental :huh:

Edited by Lauren

this drives nemo mental :huh:

I was chauffeur-driven mental years ago, these days I just pedal around Loopy on Sea, with occasional days out to Little Huffy in the Marsh! :lol:

As for the avatar, I suspect that it's a preview of the next Scissor Sisters' stage show! :thumbs:

Edited by littlenemo

Your avatar is brill!!! Nemo

Went to see the film today, it was very good bit disappointed that it was not as good as i found the book, i could not put it down.... but i was a bit preocupied byt he people infront of us - when they walked in the smell nearly made me heave, B.O. bad (like dawn on BB for us saddo's who watch bb)dh and I got the giggles..

Then to top it off the man kept farting and we needed gas masks.... But all in all it was ok!!!! not fab just ok. Dh does not like crowds so we were lucky that the cinema was not packed, so trust a smelly man who kept letting off sit infront of us - dh recons he is doomed when we go out :lol:

Hubby has read the book and wants to go to the film he keeps going on and on.I think I may give in and take him if I can find a babysitter

WESTIE u available??????? LOL

Lisa x

I'm in a 'read the book, so i'll probably hate it' thing....... can't decide if i should go and see it.. :unsure: Toms hair is enough to put anyone off :sick::lol:

Nemo - Lovin' the avvy! :dance:

Going back for a moment to the farting man in the cinema, I needed to go to the toilet the other day (I was at the library) so I popped into the one they have there. All the troughs were taken so realised I needed to go into the stall. As I tried it, it opened and a chap I'd been speaking to in the library 20 minutes or so beforehand came out. He smiled at me and I said hello and in I went. Well, the smell hit me immediately, it was disgusting :sick: and I thought I was going to vomit. I didn't have a choice but to stay in there and do what I had to because I was busting to go. I could almost taste the faeces in my mouth, it was overpowering. Anyway, I came out and washed my hands, dried them and went back into the main part of the library and there he was, serving happily behind the counter only now every time I see him all I can smell is the smell I smelled when I went in to the toilet after him. He's gone down in my estimation a little as now when he sees me (even though he smiles and I smile back) I can smell nothing but very strong toilet fumes!!!! :sick: