bid

The best of days...the saddest of days...

Just got back from Auriel's Leavers' Ceremony at his residential special school...long summer ahead until he goes to an FE college for AS :ph34r::ph34r:

It was a fantastic day - each leaver had a wonderful tribute paid to them by the staff, and we watched the Leavers DVD :crying::crying::crying:

Lovely to meet up with Bevalee from the forum and her smashing lad...also said hello to Gilbo, and Clarkie's son :D

It was such an emotional day for all the parents and staff. 'Thank you' just isn't enough for the help and support that the school give to the young people in their care.

The school's mission statement is 'Hope - Healing - Sanctuary' :tearful:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Guest flutter

>:D<<'> for the sad

but am soo glad you had found somewhere that kids can thrive

C x

Bid,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Where's the time gone, it doesn't seem a minute since you were telling us Auriel had got the place! :huh:

Here's to the next chapter, good luck Auriel! :cheers:

K xx

Edited by Kathryn

Oh bid :tearful: The word is poignant (if that's spelled right??)

These land marks in life are so what we all hope for but then feel sad when they are reached

>:D<<'>

Lauren

I'm in absolute bits tonight :crying:

It's really hit me that his childhood is gone forever now, and that part of our/his life is over :crying:

Boho :(

We've got T's Leavers Day in July (thankfully they keep them occupied up until the end of July!) - it is going to be a day of mixed emotions - sad to be saying goodbye to the children and staff he has grown up with over the last five years, and happy to be finished with school and moving on to new things.

We've also got to bring everything home from his room at school - don't know where it will all go!

Karen

:( ..............oh don,t set me off..............my little one leaves nursery and starts primary school in sept(help cos he can,t even wipe his bum, do buttons,put his coat on, hold a pencil properly....)...............and my eldest leaves primary and goes to high school :ph34r: ..........I,m gonna be a basket case :crying: too much change!!!!!...........

Bid >:D<<'> ...............hope the transition goes smoothly, >:D<<'> Suzex.

Bid >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sounds like a day of really mixed emotions, but you must be so proud of what Auriel has achieved. Hope all continues to go well for you both.

Bid

I hope you remembered to take a big box of tissues. Makes you sooo proud!

Glad to hear about bevalee and her son as I seem to miss her posts - perhaps she doesn't post much?

Congrats to all.

Barefoot