Sign in to follow this  
jools

diagnosis

camhs came to our home tonight and explained that the asd clinic met last week to discuss G and have dx ASD.

i was speechless, not because of the dx, but because we weren't expecting to get into the clinic till end of year at the earliest. i just wasn't prepared!

they pushed him up the list and went ahead without us

its a strange feeling.

even though we 'knew' to be told officially is very strange.

i hardly uttered a word when they were here.....not like me at all!

Ah, sweetie i know its hard its like a tone of bricks hitting you smack in the face even if you are expecting it, take some time out for yourself and try and digest what they have told you...

Thinking of you!!!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Justamom

Edited by justamom

jools,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

That must have been a shock to say the least. Take care of yourself.

K x

Thinking of you. It can be v emotional even though you are sort of prepared and know in your own heart. I found counselling helpful. Good luck

Hi

Know how exactly how what you mean. I've been battling for a long time to get my son diagnosed. When we finally got a diagnosis last month, I started sobbing in front of the consultant. She was so apologetic! I explained, in between breaths, that I was relieved at getting the diagnosis ? I was petrified she was going to say 'don't know what's wrong' and we'd end up being passed from pillar to post. This is the end of one major battle. There will be others, but you've overcome the biggest one!

Best wishes

Caroline

big hugs i think i will be exactly the same we hav been batling for along time and we r still waiting 4 a dx >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

thanks for all the replies >:D<<'>

after a dumb struck tuesday i had a tearful wednesday/thursday.

i felt stupid really......all this has done is confirm what we knew but its different when someone agrees with you isn't it?

anyway.....onwards we go.

have already asked the school (again!) to get on with statementing process now we have it confirmed

Just thought I'd say thinking of you-bound to feel a bit up and down at times.After good few weeks tearful myself after sports day brought home once again that Ben is different to others in his class-guess there will always be reminders that catch me out. >:D<<'> :D Karen