Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Fitness dvd's

Hi,

I'm trying to find a fitness dvd, for myself, but the choice is bewildering :unsure: . Looking for something straightforward, which works on the whole body,with some boppy music, for a rather saggy nearly 40 something who creaks :lol::lol::lol: . Tried a yoga one but spent the whole time running thru endless lists in my head of what I had to do next day/that evening etc rather than feeling the inner peace :rolleyes: Also tried pilates one.......didn't suit me and couldn't find any stomach muscles in the first place :ph34r: .

Joined a gym in Jan, but sometimes struggle to find time to get there, and if dh is at work, he has car, so I'm stuck. Thought a dvd would be useful for days I can't make gym or go for a swim.

So, if anyone can recommend any, please do :D Something abit dancey would be good :D

Mrs TheNeil seemed to like the Nell McAndrew workout DVD ("Ultimate Challenge, Ultimate Results")(apparently) as it had various levels, various 'stop points' etc. That's all set to some pop type music

Personally I just put my running shoes on and hit the streets :)

I bought one of the celebrity fitness DVD's and couldn't do it! It was a hoot, the moves were far too complex... the music was great though!

The best one's to get are the Step Aerobics. The moves are really easy to pick up and they are always done to fab music. You have to fashion a step (or buy one.. they aren't very expensive) but that's the only equipment you need.

Also, the callenetics dvd's are very good and the exercises extremely effective... but no music and can be very boring.

Lauren

Don't buy fitness DVD's, but fitness VHS videos from Ebay.

My DP did this, the advantgaes of doing it this way is they are dirt cheap. So for around ?20 you should be able to afford a dozen or so videos, try them all and ditch/sell the ones you don't like, rather than paying ?10-15 for one DVD and taking a risk on whether you like it or not.

She liked the Callanetics Videos and the Rosemary Conley ones the best. I quite liked the Barbara Currie Yoga ones.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Has anyone tried the games on the playstation 2 eye toy? there is an exersise one for adults???? havent tried that one, but have tried the interactive games they make you use areas that you never knew that you had! plus it is a hoot when you do it with the kids!

http://uk.ps2.ign.com/articles/669/669004p1.html

http://www.techdigest.tv/2005/08/eye_toy_kinetic.html

These DVD's are all rubbish, I've watched loads of them and not lost an ounce............. :lol:

Guest flutter

lol @ Jill

i have got loads of these from cher to the woman from corrie

i wnet to a class for a bit was soo much better, ( if u can get out) did kill me tho

i have got the leah braknell ( form emerdale) yoga thing and i really like that, me poorly bum dont tho :crying:

think i would try what simon says or try u local library?

C x

i did one once called the silver foxes,in it was jackie stallone,al pachinos dad and other famous peoples parents,it was for pensioners but it suited me fine!!i lost lot of weight once by doing a libby roberts video every night,ive tried loads of others but in the end i find them all boring,good luck though,i hope you find one you enjoy

i've never been any good with dvds, they get boring & repetitive for me, I love actually going to the gym but obviously that isnt always possible.......I just ordered myself a pc dancemat & game with free delivery for ?9.99!! :)

that'll do me for now

Ive got a roweing machine me thats a good full body workout if yer do about 500 pulls on it to music.Dont half tone yer up me stomachs like a washboard.But nothing wokrs without a decent diet.Theres no processed food or fatty stuff in our house ever.

I tried video and the gym some years ago- all dead loss for me as I got bored. I too am a creaky 40 odd, but I find walking the dog four miles a day the most satisfying. During school holidays I do long distance cycling. I don't lose weight - it just doesn't get any worse. Bagpuss, you say you like dance - what about a ballet / exercise class? Years ago I played the piano for our local ballet school and the teacher ran a weekly class for adults of all ages - the oldest was 83. I would have loved to join in but someone had to play live music! I hope you find something that you enjoy.

Yoyo