Sign in to follow this  
pingu

nearly had an accident

Hi guys.

Ive just picked kieran up from school, where the teacher tells me he has been vauge all day "not really with us" and has been scrunching his face up and rolling his eyes for most of the day. :unsure: He seems to be having a lot of these type of days recently.. Anyway on the way home without warning he ran out right in front of a car. Me and a friend had just been paising him for waiting at the previous road and then this happens. Like i say the car didnt hit him as kieran stopped dead just in time, but one more footstep would have seen him under the wheels. It all happened so quick but i cant get over how fast he can be - he caught me totally unawaress. :tearful:

Hes been very quiet since comming home and i think he is in shock in his own way. I feel so ###### irresponsible now, although i know there was nothing i could do he appeared to be waiting patiently, but he just ran.... i dont even think he saw the car. :tearful: And he wont let me give him a hug, but all i want to do is hug him. ARRRrggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

shaz

Poor u and him, you must be shocked!!!

When he has settled maybe he will allow you to give him a cuddle. I wonder why he has been quiet at school??? Anything upsetting him

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Bet youre heart stopped im so glad hes ok.

My son used to do this when he was younger i used to be on tenderhooks all the time.

Just thought i would let you know that kieran seems ok this morning, but has been very quiet, im not sure how much of this is shock, as he doesnt seem that fazed by it all, or how much of it is how much he has changed. My friend phoned me this morning to ask if he was ok, she was there when it happened and has been plauged by the same flashback as me. She said he stopped dead the second we shouted and that if it had been a second later it would have been too late.

Im struggling of late to get through to him, he seems so distant. i feel like we are on that horrible downward spiral again and i dont want to do all this again. Hubby has barely spoken today, i think im putting to much energy into caring for and making sure that everyone is safe - ive just realised i give him no attention whatsoever - i dont know why he bothers staying. im feeling pretty mashed up in the head department today, my apologies for been negative.

Someone stop the world - i want to get off

My ds did a similar thing when he was 3.It is a heart stopping moment.

The school helped with a sort of socail story about roads.I will see if I can find it,if it would help you to know.xx

Hi

Must have scared the hell out of you both! Know exactly how you must have felt. My 4.5 year old has told me and others on several occasions that he's going to run out in front of a car. He's actually tried to do it. Robert took off and deliberately tried to run out in front of a car. We were at a shopping centre and he was quite happy. All of a sudden, he started shouting at me and took off. I dropped everything and grabbed him and had to hold onto him for dear life quite literally. I find I'm on tenterhooks walking with him near roads, etc. I try to get him to walk on the inside of me away from the road. I also need to warn anyone with him that he could try it again. He has also lay on roads. Haven't a clue how to get around this one. I just hope that the older he gets, he'll understand the potential consequences (injury or death). Really scary.

Caroline.

Tom did that once and he lasmost left us i swear there was an inch between him and the car, i screamed for ages afterwards. It frightened the poo out of him and he never ever did it again. I know how you feel, talk about yr life flashing before your eyes. >:D<<'>