Sign in to follow this  
minerva

what a weekend

Where shall i start??

well....

Worked Friday night,

got up saturday to a phone call, my dad......

"hows the dog"

"hes oki thanx"

"i'm gonna pop round for a cup of tea"

"oooooooooooki"

anyone who knows me will know my dad nor any other member of my family "just pop round for tea" so immediately i'm thinking somethings going on.

Then he turns up with my mum (now I KNOW something aint right!)

Lil bits of general chit chat for a few minutes, then it comes.....

"Your Grandad has cancer, has had for a year, hasnt told anyone, been having treatment but it isnt working, its in his lungs, glands and another place"

Well.....i knew they wouldnt be coming round for nothing but i still was shocked!

SOOOOOOOO........

I get on with the day determined to not let it get to me......

Watch the football at the pub, loving every minute of the match......Then we lose....

and it hits me......

He'll never see England play in a world cup again and he lives for football!!...... :tearful:

So after I go home & have a lil cry while i get ready to go to work (in the pub full of hot, depressed, drunken football fans) then go to work till 2am....

YAWN!

woken up yet again by a telephone call, Camerons tutors best friend (practically family to her) is really unwell & shes going to miss today as she needs to get her to the Dr's after their hospital visit yesterday.

No problem! BUT then i come downstairs & Zeus (the dog, remember him? lol) is looking peaky. Gave him his food & he wasnt interested at all........*sigh*

While at work I kept calling home checking him & eventually my friend got him to eat so i thought he was just hot or something.

Got home & he still looks awful to me so i kept a close eye on him & at 9 ended up having to take him to the vets....he has an infection in his wound.

NOT HAPPY with my weekend, anyone got any magical ways of cheering me up or changing my luck cos it just seems to get worse all the time!

Edited by minerva

Thanx all

So far today things have been easier, Zeus is still in pain but is eating so i'm not so worried.

The eggs Cameron is incubating starting tapping at their shells last night & one was even chirping real quietly so we'll have some lil baby birdies real soon! Thats something to look forward to! I never saw birds hatching before!

Went out & bought a great big fan for Zeus & its keeping me cool too :D

Went to see my grandad this morning after the gym but his shop wasnt open :(

Gonna try again tomorrow.....I'm not allowed to tell him i know anyway so i'm sure he'll just chat nonsense like he always does when i go see him lol

Thanx again everyone :)

edit: oh by the way Lisa "there is always light at the end of the tunnel!!!" in my case it's usually the train LOL

Edited by minerva