PinkSapphireAngel

Keeping Luke off school tomorrow

As the whole of Year 6 are going to visit their secondary schools tomorrow and thanks to our LEA etc Luke does not yet have a place anywhere I am keeping him off school and taking him to the cinema instead.

Told the SENCO a while ago I was doing this and she said I should tell the school he is sick or the day will go down as "unauthorised"

But tbh after the way this school have let him down I can't say I care so I intend NOT telling them anything.

He really wants to see Over the Hedge.

My younger 2 boys also want to see it so I tell dh to take them himself or something.

Since Luke currently has no school place for next year-presumably home is where they intend him to be :blink::blink: So home would appear to be where he should go to orientate him to next years placement.I think the cinema is an excellent place to develop social understanding-taking the boys to see over the hedge myself soon.No news yet then?? >:D<<'> Karen

Absolutely you should keep him off school; and I don't blame you at all for not telling them. It's the logical thing to do considering he has no secondary placement yet.

Lauren

Would there be any point of him being at school tomorrow, I can't see it if he'll be the only one there while everyone else is off visiting their new schools. Enjoy your day and the film :D

PSA >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Totally agree what on earth is the point of sending him to school. While the yr6 are off visiting their new schools all the other yrs visit their next teachers, so do they just expect him to sit with the next yr 6's The LEA are really cutting it fine aren't they. If it doesn't arrive in the post first thing tomorrow I would be tempted to go and sit at the offices and wait for someone to bring it out :devil: Fingers crossed for you both.

Hope the school and LEA get their acts togther and sort this put soon.

T had his school trip last Friday which was a trip to a near enough local farm. He didn't want to go and I can't blame him! :lol: He opted to go to the cinema to watch Over The Hedge and we had a great time. He really enjoyed it and it is quite funny. :thumbs:

Hope you all enjoy it. :D

PSA go & enjoy the film, I hope you hear tomorrow, I am so angry about my situation I wouldn't wish it on you too. I've been watching yours and Karen A's progress as we are all at a similar stage. I hope you get sorted out soon for your sanity; keep strong!

AV