Sign in to follow this  
justamom

Days off school!!

Hi all,

I received my dd report yesterday and was pleasantly surprised she has improved so much and got all 4's which is brilliant for her.

She loves school and has only had 4 days off in a year which i think is brilliant (she is never ill ), i want to show this part of the report to Keegans Senco because he asked me the other day if my dd has as many days off as he does, what a cheek.

DD, does not have all the difficulties that he does and this just proves that I am not a lazy a*sred mum who does not want to get out of bed in the mornings to take her kids to school. It proves that he has medical issues stopping him from attending as much as her...

Ha in ya face!!!! (sorry childish moment over)

Ha in ya face!!!! (sorry childish moment over)

congratz! and have as long a moment as you want - you have earned it!

(my ds got two 4s and two 5s - and they had predicted last year all 3s. his study away from school and at holidays has done him better than all their non existant efforts!)

I know exactly how you feel. At a meeting earlier in the year about my youngest, the EP brought up her "poor attendance", 90% at the time, probably lower now as she's had more time off. My other daughter has just got her report with 98.7% attendance. It just goes to show how in my opinion they're not coping with school.

:P:P to the Senco.

Lisa

My son's managed 100% attendance in his first year at secondary - I'm so proud! I'm not including the 3 days the school's been on strike! :whistle:

Elanor

Oh Justamom, ditto :D:D

Our youngest dd's attendance was "a cause for concern" on her report, even though the majority were due to illness and hospital appointments. Had our eldest two reports home this week....and surprise, surprise....excellent attendance on both :whistle:

My sons attendance is bad 232 days out of 284 and I've only got the one can't say how I'd have done non ASD wise. I keep him off for every 'runny' bum now as I got sick of him being sent home even though we agreed it wasn't tummy bugs but his highly inadequate diet and/or anxiety. Also once it was just that he hadn't wiped properly or at all (he seldom does-I've seen him jump off the loo and go to pull up clothes and I've stopped him and knowingly I've said did you do a number 2 - and he can't remember) so anyway the TA smelt something funny and he'd been changed earlier in the day so they sent him home :( surprised it's not happened more often now he stays for lunch there..I'll have to watch he's not holding 'it' in whilst at school.

We are always late too which I have admitted would have happened to some extent ASD or not cause half the time its my disorganised sleepy problem not S's. I've always been late for everything..so shoot me!

Lorraine

My 11 yo managed only a 76.8% attendance but he was at death's door at Christmas and it did take him months to get better.The school have never once been difficult about it,despite it being SATS year.xx

I think some thing was mentioned last year on DD7 reports. But they just don't seem to understand that a 'special' child will be more in demand then a norm. And unfortunatley we can't schedue these app in school holidays. We can try but sometimes it doesn't work out.