Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Weight Watchers

Thinking of taking my belly in hand and losing some weight :ph34r: .......popped onto WW site and noticed that you can now do the plan online. Anyone tried this?

Think I'd prefer a meeting TBH, need some form of motivation to stop me nibbling on a night.....but DH is a shift worker, so in the school hols may prove a problem, although I suppose I could sign up and see how it goes.

Also wondering how the heck I'll manage to fit counting points at meals into my already demented existance that involves anything to do with the kitchen and cooking meals :unsure::wacko::lol::lol:

May just take the bull by the horns and go sign up this week :rolleyes:

Hi,

I did the postal version of WW a few years ago. I did okay, but did better when I previously joined actual meetings. I have also done Slimming World just after having my Son. I did okay on that too, but stopped following it and the weight came back. I am around 2.5 - 3 stone overweight and would like to lose some but find I can't sustain any of these 'eating plans' for any length of time. I have been drinking a lot of water during the hot weather, and since giving up smoking a couple of months ago. I have found that I was often thirsty rather than hungry but didn't realise. I also found that drinking the water gave me something habitual to do rather than smoking or nibbling. It took a few weeks for me to get in the swing of it but I have lost half a stone in the last few months. I also cut out some of the alcohol as it was really bloating me. Still drink - just not as often - was getting to be most evenings. I also have either weetabix or something oat-based in the morning, and have found I am less likely to snack during the day because it sustains me better than my old favourite of toast or cornflakes. I hope you find WW good for you, it does work if you can stick at it :D

KW

Its not difficult to lose weight but it is difficult to keep the weight off. I prefer to replace something bad with an healthy option that way you keep the weight off.

Also planning more activity in your day is good. You can buy gym ball and exercise video, this is very good for people who have weight round the stomach area.

If you have problems losing weight it a good idea to get your bloods checked for thyroid or glucose problems both of these conditions can cause weight gain.

Jen

Edited by jen

ive lost 4 stone on ww before,that was going to actual meetings though,then i met nick and i put it all back on(everything is nicks fault this wkend :lol::lol: )i cannot actually see how doing it online would work for me as i like to talk to people at meetings,im now at slimming world,lost a stone in 6 weeks,well pleased with that,trouble is when i get bored i eat,fed up i eat,happy i eat!!really gonna try this time though cos im sick of wearing same old black gear

The only time I ever lose any weight is if I exercise as well. I have tried WW, Slimming World and Rosemary Conley. I lose about 10lb quite easily on all of them, then get stuck. The only time Ive ever done better is if I have done some regular exercising as well.

Daisydot

i've been 'dieting' for as long as i can remember!

i'm most successful on slimming world but i have to go to class every week.

i joined in january this year and have lost weight slowly, aswell as gaining some weeks but i find this plan works best for me.

i have a HUGE appetite and eat lots of 'free' foods!

personally i don't have the willpower to go it alone....i like to go to class to be told how well i'm doing, or to be told it doesn't matter if i gain occasionally so long as i get straight back on to it

good luck!

I decided if I was going to lose weight,that I couldn't diet as such because my weight yo-yos.Instead I decided to try and make healthy food choices and make them a part of my day tp day life,rather than just a change for the purpose of losing weight.

I now eat food with a low GI and try to keep fats and sugars down.So far,I've lost over 3 stone.xx

Hi Bagpuss,

I've just joined Slimming world after my ds2 was quite upset as he thought I was having a baby as I had a big belly :(

Joined on monday but I think there's something with their scales :o

Happy dieting

Gardenia

Thanks for all your lovely replies >:D<<'> I'm waiting for someone to ask me when I'm due too.... :( Thank god for big Bridget Jones knickers.......would have to have a thong surgically removed....not that you'd even be able to see it one on me :o:P:lol:

Well done to those successfully losing weight :D I found it easier to give up smoking than muffins :(:whistle:

I joined a gym in Jan and regularly go 2-3 times a week including swimming too. Also been having physio due to lower back probs (oesteoarthritis) and been doing lots of abdominal bracing exercises....but can't feel any bracing.... :lol::lol: Belly sinking lower and thank gawd we have wood floors, otherwise I'd end up with carpet burns :unsure::tearful:

I find I can stick easily to a healthy diet throughout the day, don't have much of an appetite, and naturally chose foods like porridge, salads, veggie soups, nuts, fruit etc. Drink lots of water too....but the evenings are so tough and find I pick, pick, pick...also a sucker for puds and cakes :wub:

The only times I've successfully lost weight is thru attending a class...if I go it alone I fail, something about the thought of being weighed in each week which seems to motivate me, although this was many, many years ago.

Thanks again...will keep you posted :D

Good luck with the diet, Bagpuss. I know the feeling but nothing works for me. I cannot get below 10 stone and I am small. The worst thing is I lie awake at night worrying about my weight. I only eat two and a half meals a day, walk four miles each day and cycle a minimum f ten miles and still nothing moves. Before my recent op I found my thyroid stimulating hormone was a little high due to the blood tests but I doubt I'll get anything for it - so it's on with the starvation!!

Yoyo

Thanks yo yo >:D<<'> Sounds like you are doing everything possible to lose some weight....hope you see some positive results soon. I know my body shape is exactly the same as my mums, we carry weight in the same areas, especially round the middle, yet she doesn't overeat. Maybe genetics plays a part too and something else I've found is that the weight seems harder to shift with age. My diet is the healthiest it has ever been...think you just become more aware as you get older and make better choices. When I think what I used to eat & drink when younger :o:whistle: (smoked for alot of years aswell), yet felt alot slimmer, toned and fitter then :unsure: ...............ah, I blame my mum for making me genetically saggy :lol::lol:

ive got a massive appitite bagpuss and on slimming world you can have loads of free foods which suits me.

i tried detox but i felt dizzy after 4 hours,never again.

whatever plan you go on,good luck,its so hard i think,i joined the gym 2 months ago but rarely go now,cant get motivated,i like walking though soim trying!!

Walking is a brilliant way of keeping fit Hev and I try to walk as much as poss :D Is slimming world the one where you have red days and green days? I think I tried that one many, many moons ago if it is. :unsure: WW meeting is on Wed, at the mo I'm planning on going and signing up........note I've said "at the mo" :lol::lol:

Been really struggling with our youngest dd throughout the hols, and nerves in shreds, so taking it day by day and hoping Wed I'm feeling chilled and motivated enough to drag myself there :pray: