Sign in to follow this  
Suze

make school make sense NAS campaign.

My son took part in the interviews for this earlier in the year.The NAS are meeting the childrens commissioner Sir Professor Al -Aynsley Green to present it to him and me and my boy are going with about 12 others to meet him on weds.I,ve booked the train tickets ..........hope I can get him to take the tube (taxi could be expensive) and we are due at London bridge at 1.30pm.I should have known though ............I,ve been excited about this , my boy on the other hand :huh: , is fretting just hope he can keep it together and enjoy the day, he,s not been to London before.Wish us luck :dance: .The press are gonna be there :notworthy: ,

Hope your son can overcome his nerves Suze so that you can 'seize' the moment :D

Please let us know how it goes.

Oracle

Have a great day Suze, hope your lad is able to overcome his nerves and that the trip is a postive experience for you all.

Best wishes

Love Flora XX

Really want to do this ..........you know to raise awareness, they,ve used a few of his quotes etc in the text and there is an article and pos photo in TES this week so watch out for that guys.............just things have,nt been too great here of late, the nightmares have returned, nose bleeds, losing it ...........raging badly, throwing stuff, I,m sure you lot know what I mean.He starts high school next week .............you can feel the build up can,t you :( .............anyway I appear to have gone off topic and high - jacked my own thread ..... :lol: typical :P .............

Suze,

The very best of luck, I hope the trip is successful, it might just do his self esteem the world of good. Fingers crossed x.

Nellie xx

[Good Luck Suze, and tell J we are thinking of him. Hope you have a wonderful day, if tubes a nightmare (which I know Ben hates) then there is always the buses, Ben enjoyed these more than taxis as we sat up top so he could see all the sights.

Let us know how you get on

LOL

A bit late now (as you're probably already on your way) but take care and, if you can, you try to have fun 'in the big smoke' too

:dance: Well we made it :D , there was alot of worry over the train being on time , the seats, the platform etc but he enjoyed the train to Euston.The Tube was a nightmare and I found it difficult :blink: but he held it together , there,s so much noise and shaking etc .............. :ph34r: .We found london bridge and had some dinner then went to the commisioners offices which were very smart.We met the other 10 kids and their parents and then Al the commisioner, who was a very very nice chap.He seemed concerned and not surprised about the struggles our kids have with school.Think he had done his homework :party: .Then our kids told him their experiences , not all good , every parent had to fight for the correct provision.We all left with the new copies of the kids interviews which I think is really good,a very insightful report on autistic kids views of school.Got back late v,knackered :P .

Suze, :D

Glad you both had a good experience. The tubes are horrid I usually get taxis, very brave of you to tackle them.

Was thinking of you and glad you both enjoyed the day >:D<<'>

Flozza XX

I hope they listen and then do something. I am pleased you managed it. I HATE the tube.

Oracle

Glad it wasn't the nightmare you were dreading Suze and it sounds like it was actually pretty positive

Like everyone else I hate the tube too - last time I ended up walking a lot of places instead :D