TheNeil

<Insert Rude Word Here> Hell

I know that it's crass and I know that it's vulgar but the estate agent has just left after valuing the house (part of the divorce process) and in the 14 months I've lived in my little house, it's gone up in by...�42,000 :blink:

What's scary about that number is that I owe less than �40,000 on the mortgage :blink:

What's better about all this is that Mrs Neil still says that she isn't going to claim anything (she actually said that she was really happy for me...and not in a sarcastic way either). I'm still glad that I'm keeping the divorce going through at full speed though :dance:

That leaves enough for a very nice holiday somewhere or some new furniture or a very fancy car :D

We bought our house six years ago for �53k, then we got an extension built at a cost of �40k bringing the cost of our mortgage to around �90k which will be paid off in about 14 years time. The property is now worth around �150k to �160k, so we've made around �50,000 profit so far..... and as if that's not good enough the council are doing up all the houses on our estate so that'll up the value too :D Not moving though, like it too much.

Well done TN, hope your ex keeps her side of the deal.

Edited by DaisyProudfoot

Now if only I had some way to unlock some of it's value without having to sign my life away... :lol:

That's really great news!! Does that mean you could sell the house, pay off your outstanding mortgage and move to a smaller place and get a part-time job that you'd really enjoy?? Wow, sounds like a dream come true! :P

~ Mel ~

The unfortunate thing about rising house prices is that, if you sold it, you'd need all the money to buy your next home. The only way you make any money this way is if you one a 2nd property or if you downsize.

It's all good news though!

That's really great news!! Does that mean you could sell the house, pay off your outstanding mortgage and move to a smaller place and get a part-time job that you'd really enjoy?? Wow, sounds like a dream come true! :P

~ Mel ~

Could do and the thought did briefly flick through my head. I think to stay in Harrogate though I'd have to buy a shoebox if I was to downsize and be mortgage free

What's annoying is that the house actually 'earned' a lot more in the last 12 months than I did!!!! And it didn't have to pay income tax :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: my house earned more than i did and didnt have to pay income tax.... :lol::lol::lol: noogsy