Sign in to follow this  
LKS

Good luck Luke and PSA

Hi PSA is it today that Luke starts? Just wanted to wish him much happiness in his new school and good luck to you both. Will be thinking about you and I'll be very interested to see how he gets on >:D<<'>

Awww thank you so much for this

I am in such a state I needed it.

Well I took him on the bus for 8.30am.

dh stayed home with Daniel and Charlie.(my younger boys aged 9 and 4)

Luke and I went to the school office to meet the assistant head, he gave Luke a copy of his lesson timetable,

I asked if I could meet his form tutor and she came down to meet me.

They have managed to get

Luke has MUSIC this morning, then HISTORY and this afternoon he has MATHS and FRENCH.

He will be getting the bus home himself this afternoon so I am pretty nervous although we did let him try it on his own on Saturday and we follwed in the car.

We took him out for a meal of his choice yesterday to celebrate (Indian buffet)

I feel sick with nerves.

We have given Luke a mobile phone which he has on silent.

Well he made it!!!

He got home about 4pm and gave me the biggest cuddle >:D<<'>

He is on a real high right now and is doing his maths homework (he loves maths)

He told me he was not given any homework or books etc which of course was because he had forgotten which is what I expected so I went through his bag with him.

He has P.E tomorrow which should be interesting as it means dressing and undressing which will not be easy for him with shirt and tie etc to do.

He actually ASKED teacher/pupils for directions to classrooms !!!!!

He had a maths test, they have put him in set 3 for now (for maths and English) untill they can asses his ability for themselves.

Well unfortunately today has not started so well for him.

He was ready and off to the bus stop in plenty of time, then he came straight back as he had forgotten his timetable (I did tell him he should have just phoned me as I would have told him just to go to school)

So then by the time he got it and walked back to the bus stop and waited for the bus he knew he was going to be late and he phoned me in a right state.

I tried to phone the school to let them know but could not get through.

I have just got through and he has got there ok but was late so I think he might get a detention at lunch time (I was told by his friends mum that he got a detention at lunchtime on his second day for being late)

I just hope he's ok, its his first P.E lesson today as well.

He did not get a detention so thats good.

But he was teased by older boys on the way home (he said they were asking why he has a big head and saying "Are you gay" he says he told them he did not want to tell them lol)

He did not do P.E as they did citizenship instead.

He was a bit stressed though as he bumped into the deputy head (he also was SENCO for a while and made things so hard for us) from his primary school, this is a woman who has not bothered once to ask how things were going etc when I was home educating Luke and bringing him into the playground every day(to take my middle one to and from school) She had the nerve to talk to him as he was on his own.

He's doing his religious studies homework now as we are going trick or treating for an hour at 6pm with a friend and her son, we only go to the houses of friends in the streets here.

I am deading it though, I so do not feel like dragging my 3 around the streets for an hour in the dark with god knows how many kids around, I'm not a big fan of Halloween lol :devil:

Hi PSA hope today was O.K. for Luke. Is there anyway you could get an e-mail address for his form tutor or the senco. I have only recently managed to get form tutors but as she checks her e-mails frequently I can let her know if ds is having a bad start to the day. Crikey didn't realise having a big head means you might be gay :wacko: there are several of my friends who might need to know this :D I shall think of you traipsing the streets tonight ;) I'm not keen on Halloween either

I also go through my son's bag every day myself and make sure that everything he needs is in there. I know that by doing this some will say he'll never learn but I don't think that getting detention and stressed about it will make him learn either. J is in year 8 now and he is getting much better at packing his bag, but it doesn't hurt to check he hasn't forgot anything.

Hope it goes well today.

Lisa

Hi PSA you must be so relieved things are going well. My dd started new high school Monday after being at home since July things seem to be going well for her too. Also have statutory assessment underway after being refused initially. Think I'm going to get a bus pass for dd this afternoon so she can get the bus with her younger sister.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>