Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Umm, am I dreaming???

Had a phonecall earlier today from a Social Worker for the Child, Health and Disability Team.

I have been allocated a social worker and she's coming to see me next Tuesday!!! :o:clap:

OMG, I about screamed with delight down the phone. Her response to this was 'Uh, I don't usually get that kind of response from clients'. :lol::unsure:

I am soooooo pleased. :D :D :D Can't you tell?? :thumbs:

A visit from your very own Social worker?! You are indeed privileged, Tyler's mum. When she comes, kidnap her and don't let her go. :lol:

I hope it goes well. :thumbs:

K x

It's a miracle!! :lol:

I've been trying for months to even speak to someone in SS.................... :angry:

My advice on keeping her (if she's a goodie) is simple.... Bribery... Chocolate.... Flowers..... Begging....... :lol::lol::lol:

:thumbs:

Fantastic that she is from the Disabled Childrens Team

I am being dealt with by Children and Families (Child Protection Team) side of SS, only because, according to the lead at Children and Families - they only put children with long term and serious disabilities with the Disabled Children's Team and they don't recognise ASD's as a disability.

That, hopefully is about to change after some intervention from the MP.

No wonder we are being sent on parenting courses!! Hopefully with the Disabled Childrens Team, you will be able to access services that are commissioned by them that are ASD specific.

Let us know how it goes - I would be interested to hear.

Love

HelenL

Oh, thats brilliant TM :thumbs: . So pleased that something positive has happened.....hope the visit is also positive :pray: The two social workers we had were from the Disabled Childrens Team, and they proved to be really helpful, think we were one of the fortunate ones.