Sign in to follow this  
hev

dads in hospital

dad was rushed to hospital last night as he had very bad tummy pains,they think its a blockage caused by a tumour,having some sort of dye tomorrow to seewhat it is,hes crying out in pain and hes such a strong man,i went there today and everytime the doctor came in i went out the room,my nerves went,hes going through so much and im a wreck,we are very close and i dont know what to do,do you sort of find some strength from somewhere as time goes on,i cant go on like this

Hev

:(

I hope they find out quickly what's going on.You must be so worried: it's awful seeing someone you love in pain.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you and your mum,

K x

Hev

Im so sorry to hear about your Dad. We had a similar event with my Mum in the summer. She was in absolute agony and was in hospital for a week but they could find nothing wrong and put it down to irritable bowel syndrome.

I hope your Dad gets sorted soon.

Love Lorainexxxx

dad was rushed to hospital last night as he had very bad tummy pains,they think its a blockage caused by a tumour,having some sort of dye tomorrow to seewhat it is,hes crying out in pain and hes such a strong man,i went there today and everytime the doctor came in i went out the room,my nerves went,hes going through so much and im a wreck,we are very close and i dont know what to do,do you sort of find some strength from somewhere as time goes on,i cant go on like this

So sorry Hev, this must have been an awful shock for you and your family. Give yourself time to let it sink in first before worrying about whether you're coping or not. Hopefully very soon, you won't be so much in the dark and will have more of an idea of what is going on and then you can all start coping with it, it's the uncertainty which can be most unsettling sometimes.

Take care.

~ Mel ~

Edited by oxgirl

>:D<<'> Hev >:D<<'> - hope your Dad is feeling better soon and they can find out and treat what's wrong with him quickly.

I'm having a few words with the man upstairs as I think you've enough on your plate without this too >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

mum just phoned hospital,dad was nil by mouth today and they said tomorrow we can bring him something light to eat and soft drinks,thats quite good sign do you think? thankyou for your nice messages,i do appreciate it

just heard,dad got to have operation at 7 in morning,there are risks involved,im not a religious person but just in case someone listening say a little prayer for my dad

well,they decided not to give him an operation until they do more tests,hes having a camera sort of test today and he seems brighter,had scare earlier cos steven went to the hospital on his own without telling me,takes about hour,found dads ward and sitting with him now,he idolises my dad and said he had to be with him,i was worried sick then he phoned me to say he couldnt help going up there :wub: going hospital at 2 myself so can see what my dad like,i think when you not at hospital you worry more dont you cos you dont know whats going on

Hope the hospital can help him and he's better soon.

still waiting for more xrays :crying: its all taking so long,hes had 2 cameras now,2 scansdecided not to operate till they know whats wrong,maybe it was going to be a exploratory operation they were gonna do today,he is asleep most of the time now which i prefer as him keep shouting out in pain yesterday was so sad to see.

i looked at him in the bed and he looked so vunerable,i kissed him when i left and this little voice said night night,didnt sound like my strong dad :wub: i spose its just waiting for the doctors to do their best now,i feel lot brighter tonight,excuse my rambling posts though,its helping me take my mind off things >:D<<'>

Hi Hev,

I hope you are ok honey >:D<<'> . That was so sweet about Steven going to the hospital by himself, i bet you didn't have the heart to tell him off :wub: .

Kai had a tumor in his tummy when he was two and i remember how much pain he was in. He had a morphine pump which made he sleep all the time and really helped the pain. I do hope they've given your Dad some strong painkillers and find out what's wrong soon :pray: .

Loulou xx

STILL waiting for more xrays :crying: the doctor came yesterday and was moaning about the xray department,apparently thet are shortstaffed,dads tummy is more swollen now,they are waiting for him to go toilet before he has operation as op is risky at his age/stroke/72 years old,think its a blockage stopping him going,he was really chatty last night which is good.

me and k normally to go to a club with him everymonday,it was awful today not going there with him,had to go pay his clubs etc,i had a few tears but im getting better :wub:

his oxygen levels are low tonight and temperature high,im not really sure whats going on any more,i just keep saying to myself he is in the best poss place,i thought i was gonna faint when i was there tonight but i held myself together,wish he would hurry up and get better,never knew it was possible to miss someone so much :wub: